[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What happens if I follow the SS/SL routine without cleans/bent

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: dark pepe.png (166KB, 691x387px) Image search: [Google]
dark pepe.png
166KB, 691x387px
What happens if I follow the SS/SL routine without cleans/bent over rows? People measure strength by the four compound lifts, nobody cares about these misfit exercises. Why even waste time with them? Will they help me get to 1/2/3/4?
>>
>not already at 1/2/3/4
>thinks he's ready to start a strength program

nigger you're gonna snap your shit up
>>
What are accessory movements?? newfag
>>
>>39817742
Fucking this. I attempted SS without any type of prior training and i was out of commission for 6 months after my first workout. you need to build a base with bodyweight and cardio first. I personally reccomend p90
>>
>>39817732
the big 4 are not enough to train every important muscle, you'll get muscle imbalance.

obvious examples are lats, arms, abs
>>
>>39817732
add some accessory dips and pullups/chinups and you should be fine. Maybe some machine rows if your rhomboids are real shitty.
>>
>>39817779
>lats, arms, abs

Can't you train those with pull ups?
>>
>>39817732
Cleans train explosiveness, so don't do them if you're fine with being a slow hulk that can't jump.
>>
File: 1478844318653.jpg (67KB, 540x534px) Image search: [Google]
1478844318653.jpg
67KB, 540x534px
>>39817742
>>39817771
>>
>>39817944
>implying deep squats don't train explosiveness
>>
>>39817765
single joint exercises, like bicep curls, skullcrushers, leg curls etc
>>
>>39818456
Deep squats can still be slow, if you're not training squats for the purpose of power, the likelihood is you're not going to be more explosive. If you want to train for explosiveness, do speed squats with lighter weight.
>>
File: baby pepe.png (39KB, 1277x1149px) Image search: [Google]
baby pepe.png
39KB, 1277x1149px
>>39818508
What happened that made me want to lift is I nearly fainted after doing a first responder training exercise where you carry a dummy up and down a flight of stairs several times. What kind of squat would help with that?
>>
>>39817732
Enjoy your shit body and injuries caused by muscle imbalances.
>>
>>39817878
Pullups aren't part of "the big four".
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.