[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think about a Viking Training Routine? Swinging

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: vikings1.jpg (96KB, 700x438px) Image search: [Google]
vikings1.jpg
96KB, 700x438px
What do you think about a Viking Training Routine?

Swinging an axe all day, while lifting a heavy fir shield. It'll tire you out and the only way to cope would be to grow stronger. As I understand it, the best way to win in a hack and slash Shield wall is to be stronger than the enemy. That way you can stay standing and push and take blows with the shield. Get strong or die trying. They had to be muscular. Chris Duffin's shoulderok is based on ancient Indian club swinging to build strong shoulders and mobility. Swinging and axe or sword is not very different.

They ate dairy, bread, eggs, fish, peas, beans, meat, fruits. Good food for gains.

Also from rowing all the time and eating like this they would have monster sized backs. And if you have a good base like a strong back, then it's way easier to build up the rest of the muscles, in my opinion. Like building a house on a stable ground, big back leads to more gains all over. They would grow traps, lats and probably deadlift strength from putting their legs into rowing. Shield wall pushing is a great chest builder. All kinds of swings develop the triceps. I heard also from a chiropractor student that one builds muscle the best way using not time under tension but explosive movements, like jumps. And all combat sports are explosive. No doubt did the vikings do a lot of fist fighting, wrestling and tests of manhood.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Heathen_Army
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harald_Hardrada

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAO7_GryWTM
>>
>>39808668
man I love Mount and Blade
>>
>>39808668
i would be interested in doing a routine like this
>>
File: girls_laughing.jpg (87KB, 553x496px) Image search: [Google]
girls_laughing.jpg
87KB, 553x496px
>>
>>39808668
Welcome all NYRers
>>
>swinging an axe
Russian twists and delt db exercises
>carrying shit
Deadlift and squat
>rowing
Row machine

Don't be an idiot go to the gym
>>
>>39808668
Strength helps, but you know what helps more?
Your opponent being a malnourished manlet.

Their routine wasn't much of a strenght builder, there was no progression on the resistance, BUT it would promote godly endurance.
They'd be big, compared to the masses of small weaklings around at the time, but that's mostly nutrition and having enough calories during infancy and puberty.
>>
File: JonPall.jpg (42KB, 265x354px) Image search: [Google]
JonPall.jpg
42KB, 265x354px
>>39808829
what about rowing till you fatigue? the fatigue always occurs but with more muscle it'll be pushed further all the time? so it's progression after all? same with swinging a sword.

>>39808811
>Don't be an idiot go to the gym

That's what Chris Duffin did for 20 years but his shoulders weren't working. It wasn't until he incorporated ShouldeRök swings that his shoulders started working as a Unit in Junction with his core. More 'functional strength' is needed. Maybe the "baseball bat swing" using a cable row machine could be a good exercise.

Finally, actual sword fighting exercises to be complete.
>>
>>39808668
>Swinging an axe all day, while lifting a heavy fir shield.

no.... they were farmers, fishermen and tradesmen when they weren't viking
>>
>>39808679
its a work of art really.
>>
>>39808668
Wow whats with all the dyel faggots wanna be vikings lately
>>
kek this is some shit you see in an Alan Thrall video
>>
"the best way to win a sword fight is to be stronger than the enemy"

Wrong, be faster
>>
>>39809030
>t. Dexfag
>>
>>39809030
not if it's a shield wall.
>>
>>39809035
>implying Dex builds aren't always broken op
It's like you never played a fallout
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.