[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Novice here. I love going to the gym... it's one of the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1479527832660.png (1MB, 1295x1022px) Image search: [Google]
1479527832660.png
1MB, 1295x1022px
Novice here. I love going to the gym... it's one of the few things that I look forward waking up in the morning. Looking for advice from people who go to the gym 4+ days a week.

I want to train more frequently but am worried that my body might be overtrained, or may suffer a injury from overtraining.
I want to do 2 consecutive days of full body training and a rest day afterwards. Is this unrealistic? If so, how do I work up towards being able to train more often at the same intensity?
>>
>>39806109
Two consecutive fullbody days isn't too smart, I'd do an upper/lower/rest split instead if I were you.
>>
if you want to go to the gym more do ppl tbqh
>>
Do a 6 days a week PPL https://www.reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/37ylk5/a_linear_progression_based_ppl_program_for/
>>
>new
>anime for OP pic
>wants to train frequently

Your motivation and goals better not be what I think they are...
>>
>>39806109
Do a split where each muscle is trained 3 times a week with 10+sets er muscle a week.

I would recommend a push/pull as you get to trian 4 times a week. Its more volume than a full body and when you stall you can choose to aither split up the body more or go full body and focus on strength.
>>
>>39806134
I'm not new to physical training. I sprinted and did calisthenics for a couple years before I began lifting 3 months ago.

>>39806116
>>39806129

Thanks I'll look into it
>>
Did you save this pic off of a fictional body goals thread?
>>
Two consecutive days of full body is both unrealistic and pointless. If you want to train consecutive days you'll want to look into either upper/lower or push/pull/legs programs
>>
>>39806109
>Novice
if you're doing linear programm:
3 DAYS A WEEK WITH REST IN BETWEEN OR YOU'LL FUCK UP YOUR ENTIRE PROGRESS

once you stop being able to increase the weight from workout to workout you can move to a 4 day split

if you're not doing linear programm:
what's wrong with you? drop everything you're doing right now and do a linear programm you're leaving gains on the street
>>
>>39806302
>Two consecutive days of full body is both unrealistic and pointless. If you want to train consecutive days you'll want to look into either upper/lower or push/pull/legs programs
This. You'll be burnt out on the second day and it will just hurt your gains BRAH, 3x a week for a full body routine with at least a day inbetween or PPL 5-6 days (if you want)
>>
>>39806459
Post body
>>
>>39806109
Overtraining is a meme. Unless you're benching 20 reps of 200kg weights every fucking day, you're not overtraining. Now go to the gym you fucking pussy.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.