[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dental Health? I've got a cavity in one of my molars, but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: heal-cavities-2.jpg (250KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
heal-cavities-2.jpg
250KB, 800x600px
Dental Health?

I've got a cavity in one of my molars, but being a broke ass college student I dont have any money to go to a dentist. Is there anything I can do?
>>
>>39797965
Get your college's dental insurance that's charged to your bursar account.
>>
File: 1456787171539.png (49KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1456787171539.png
49KB, 500x500px
>>39797965
kys
>>
gargle salt and vinegar
>>
>>39798097
do this it will kill the small bugs picking your teeth and they'll grow back
>>
File: dangar.jpg (37KB, 322x700px) Image search: [Google]
dangar.jpg
37KB, 322x700px
Don't listen to the asshole about vinegar if you didn't get they were being an asshole. It's a powerful acid and one of the biggest contributors of enamel loss.

Swishing with warm salt water will help, though. You also want to buy toothpaste for sensitive teeth, stop eating anything sweet and just pick carbs wisely as sugar and carbs are what stick to your teeth and wreck your shit.
Make sure you have a soft bristle brush and brush your teeth 30 min to an hour after eating.
Always drink lots of water throughout the day because a dry mouth is another contributor to cavities and the water will help remove bacteria, I guess.
You're going to want to get to a dentist as soon as you can, but this will help. I also invested in a Waterpik because it's more gentle than regular flossing.
>>
>>39798164

Thank you for the useful post, anon. Greatly appreciated
>>
I bought a $300 toothbrush the other day.
>>
>>39798212
I bought a $301 toothbrush.
>>
>>39798266

psh, waste of money
>>
>>39798276
Psst. You're wasting your dental health.
>>
>>39797965
>secure job with big chain employer
(Walmart, target, Costco, best buy etc)
>the larger the company the more likely they are to overlook and not give a shit about 1 guys dentistry work
>find camera blindspot
>"fall/ drop box on face, walk in to storage rack etc.
>secure new teeth and free dentistry

source: I replaced 2 molars and 3 front teeth when a box full of pillows fell and hit me into steel cage
(those teeth had already been busted I just finished the job with 2 hours of ice, a numbing paste and pliers.
>>
>>39797965

Go to a dental school and let a student fix it under supervision of their consultant. It's how I got my one and only filling done. They used $1500 worth of cosmetic-grade amalgam which is invisible to the untrained eye, because the student was practising with it at the time.
>>
Start taking vitamin D. It does wonders for teeth.
>>
>>39798323

I already take plenty of Vitamin D

>>39798320
Me and a friend were discussing this. My wisdom teeth are also coming in at the moment, its been a rough week for my mouth. I'm in a lot of pain.
In fact, my university has a dental department, would it be as easy as calling them up and inquiring about students doing work?
>>
>>39798320
I second this. I've got a small cavity to fill. Not painful or anything but why wait until it's a root canal instead.
>>
>>39797965
Free clinic
>>
>>39797965
Move to Canada.
>>
>>39797965
If it hurts like shit you can almost kill the tooth with high % alcohol, can be denaturated

Im not talking about drinking it.
>>
>>39799395
Canada bro here. You still have to pay for any dental work unless you have insurance.
>>
>>39799465
Leaf bro here can confirmthis too. I do dental work with my dog all the time.
>>
>>39797965
>go to dentist
>have fake insurance
>have a bunch of work that needs done
>offer to pay at time of service for initial appointment (just cleaning & planning for repairs)
>was only like $150
>go to next appointment for fillings
>get like $600 bucks in fillings done for my teeth
>go ghost 'cause dentist was out of town and don't have my real address.

lol jk if you guys are reading this, i'll pay the tab when i make my next visit
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.