[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does everytime i do my beginner SS i end up with a injury?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: received_1715323452021422.jpg (108KB, 960x1434px) Image search: [Google]
received_1715323452021422.jpg
108KB, 960x1434px
Why does everytime i do my beginner SS i end up with a injury?
Once i get back into the gym, i reduce my weight back to just the bar and go through building the weight on the bar back up again, just for it to leave me in a injury.

I'm not even lifting anything heavy, my squat gets to 40 kg, bench 30kg, Row 32.5kg, OHP 25kg and deadlift 55kg.

It literally feels like im wasting my time, but i keep doing it in hopes of making it. Can anyone please tell me what im doing wrong?

Maybe it's my form, maybe it's my diet. If that's the case could anyone tell me how to actually improve it?

Thanks
>>
>>39795655
>Why does everytime i do my beginner SS i end up with a injury?

1. shit form

or

2. too much weight
>>
>>39795655

Look at what specifically you're injuring and fix your form to compensate
>>
>your body is not strong enough to make that 5lb increase yet
>do it anyway
>wow why did bad thing happen
>>
>>39795770
But if i do stall on a lift, do i stall all every lifts or can i keep progressing on them and take my time on the stalled one?
>>
>>39795815
If you stall on one lift you can progress on the others.

SS can lead to minor injury because you're always trying to put on more, newbies don't really know when they're over-doing it or not.

I very much admire the pic in the OP.
>>
>>39795655
>maybe it's my diet
I'm a very weak thin dyel and apart from OHP I do more than you on everything, I've been lifting for about 4 months now.
How much do you weigh, how non-athletic were you as a child, what's you sleep like, do you actually have a health condition?
>>
>>39795850
Thanks for these words of wisdom, i think it was because of my ego that led to many injuries. Another question if you don't mind, if i fail a rep should i stop doing that exercise?

And about the pic, as do i my friend

>>39795869
Current weight is 60 kgs, and now currently started pushing myself to eat 3000 cals. Hehe id say i was bad at sports. I currently sleep about 8 hours a day, sometimes i sleep 6 because of my schedule. I dont think i actually do have a health condition, although i have not been to a check in years
>>
>>39796006

With SS it's 3x5.
So if on your first set you fail, I would call it a day and de-load next time.

If you fail on your 4th or 5th rep of your third set, just do the same weight again next time.

You want to find that line between not being a pussy and not over-doing it.
>>
>>39795655
>Row 32.5kg
Know how I know you arn't doing ss?
>>
>>39795655
Jesus Christ that pic

I'm with my family over the holidays and havent fapped for a week, why do you torture me like this op

Are there more from that photo shoot please
>>
I've also gotten a minor injury doing SS. It's a very small pinpoint of pain in my lower right back. I feel it especially at the bottom of my squats and at the beginning of my deadlifts. I'm not entirely certain how long I should wait to go back to the gym, or how exactly I sustained the injury. It feels like a twinge of pain when I use my lower back. Bending over causes this pain as well.
>>
>>39796792
>I'm with my family over the holidays and havent fapped for a week, why do you torture me like this op
Then fap
>>
>>39795655
Considerring your failure on such low weights it's likely you are doing a whole list of things wrong. Make sure you are eating enough, make sure you are sleeping enough, make sure your form is correct, make sure your form is correct and then make sure your form is correct.

Seriously just double check everything. Nothing feels better than finally knowing it's only a matter of time before you are an intermediate lifter.
>>
People in this thread fail to realise that you get fit to lift weights and not the other way around. The OP needs to bodybuild before doing squats and deads because he is literally too weak and out of shape to do them.
>>
>>39795655
Are you underageb&? If so you might want to do bodyweight exercises instead while going through puberty because

1. It's safer
2. Hormones and shit might affect your performance

You should probably elaborate on what injuries you have but as a rule of thumb lift safe with proper form and use a spotter
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.