[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I went to the gym for the first time a couple days ago as mummy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1478088595119.jpg (36KB, 800x594px) Image search: [Google]
1478088595119.jpg
36KB, 800x594px
I went to the gym for the first time a couple days ago as mummy bought me a gym card. I did 10min of running then just went around trying a couple machines for 40minutes before leaving.

I've gone 2 times since that and basically done the same thing, it feels good but some dude here recomended I start compound exercises with free weights and do 5x5 at my max.

I'm planning of trying those out tomorrow, I'm just wondering what measures I should take as to not fuck my shit up in the long run.

I'm planning just watching some youtubes videos on form. Would that be enough, or should I have a PT show me how it's done? Also curious on how/when I should stretch.

ty in advance
>>
>>39792915
>but some dude here recomended I start compound exercises with free weights and do 5x5 at my max.
Meme.
>>
>>39792939
The compound part or 5x5 part? I thought people here were all about compounds?
>>
>I'm planning just watching some youtubes videos on form
That's pretty much what I've done. If you can get PT it probably wouldn't hurt.
>>
>>39793039
alright I'll do that, thanks
>>
Go watch some videos and do lots of research.

Also I'd definitely recommend you to have a PT or someone experienced helping you to get the form right. They might not/pobably won't give you perfect advice but will make sure you don't fuck yourself up and help with basics. You can go from there and improve your form as you gain experience and knowledge from your own research.

5x5 is good, but in the very beginning I'd suggest 3 sets of 8-12 with lighter weight for less chance of injury and more focus on form. I quickly stretch for a minute and do 2 warm up sets. I do quite some stretching at home tho.
>>
>>39792915
This is how i did in the beginning

-Do easy exercises("easy" as in only brain-deads can mess the form up) such as bench press,biceps curl,overhead triceps extension,even bench dips).Don't be afraid to use just the bar with no added weight.Start with compounds first,then leave the isolations for last

-Never listen to anyone giving you advice,most people at gym are retards who think they do the exercises correctly,but most of the time they don't.Stick to watching youtube videos from multiple sources
-Don't use machines anymore(including the Smith Machine)

-I suggest doing cardio after weight lifting.Also if you're a fatty i suggest walking on an incline instead of running
>>
>>39793203
>easy exercises("easy" as in only brain-deads can mess the form up)
>bench press
>>
Thanks for the advice, I scheduled a meeting with a PT, gonna talk to him about form. I'll try doing some exercises with only the bar tomorrow to learn the ropes.

Appreciate the help
>>
>>39793203

>never take advice

This is wrong. Never take advice from something that is over 12% body fat and or not shredded

If you see a guy that's obviously been training for years then listen dumbshit

If some 20% bf isley lookalike fatass tries to give you advice ignore it
>>
>>39793580

This is even more wrong.

Always listen to advice, ask questions, find out if they're actually knowledgeable and do research to find out wether what they said is true and helpful to you or not.
>>
>>39792915
What I did was practice my form with an empty bar multiple times in front of the mirror. Once I was comfortable that I was doing it right I would stand in front of the mirror for any lift that I was able to watch myself.

I started below anything close to my max and upped the weight until it felt heavy and kept an eye on form.

After I had it down I just kept going up in weight each session until it was almost impossible to do a rep, backed down 5-10 and did my 5z5
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.