[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My family got me this Fitbit Charge 2 watch thing for Christmas,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_5226.png (234KB, 1080x920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5226.png
234KB, 1080x920px
My family got me this Fitbit Charge 2 watch thing for Christmas, I never used one of these watch things during my workout and never had an urge to start, is this thing worth the retarded price tag or should I just hock it?
>>
>>39791489
i got one too. Gonna check my average heartrate during a lifting routine, i got one that also synchs with myfitnesspal. Which can be very usefull for logging workouts and diets.
>>
>>39791489
Nope. It's actually one of the most inaccurate trackers out there. Just change it for a Polar with a chest sensor and spend the extra $100 on whey, a good pair of shoes or cocaine.
>>
>>39791547
Many of te trackers have a worst 10-15% off the acutal number.

The good ones after youve calibrated it with use, and test runs are down the 1.5% off
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (18KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
18KB, 480x360px
mine got me this. What do I do with it?
>>
>>39791489
Get the receipt and return it, use the money for something actually useful to you. Fitbit is just a tracking device to accumulate personal information about you, the company that makes Fitbit then sells that information to advertisers, who then target ads at you and spam your email and social media. All that and it really doesn't do shit for your fitness at all. Get the money, buy something actually useful to you.
>>
>>39791489
I got one too. I would have never bought it with my own cash, but I love it as a gift. Sleep functions, run planner with map, has its own MFP-like meal planner, tracks heart rate. all-in-all pretty cool.
>>
>>39792948
>What do I do with it?
Unless you're involved in an endurance-based sport (running, marathons, track, cycling, triathlon, etc) it won't do much of anything for you. Your parents are well-meaning but they don't really understand what you're doing or why, they're just trying to be supportive. Get the receipt, return it, buy something useful to you.

>>39791499
That's fun to do -- once. After that you find out it's useless information. Tracking heart rate is only really useful if you're involved in an endurance-based sport or activity and know what your heart rate zones are (which requires testing you're not going to be willing to do).
>>
I have a fit bit blaze and I hate it.

I used to have a fit bit one and I loved it but I lost it one time at the gym at like 2 am. I was the only one there aside from a cardio bunny (who was gone when I came back to look for it) and I combed the entire place looking for it but never could find it. I wonder if the cardio bunny found it.

The blaze sucks though. If you wear them on your wrists your steps will be inaccurate, which means your calories will be inaccurate and your mileage will be inaccurate. And if you put it in your pocket, then you don't get the HR monitor which I spent an extra $100 for.

Wish I had just got another fit bit one.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.