[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why aren't you eating a pomegranate after your workout,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: pomegranate-03.jpg (175KB, 500x363px) Image search: [Google]
pomegranate-03.jpg
175KB, 500x363px
Why aren't you eating a pomegranate after your workout, /fit/?

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/07/160711120533.htm

>They discovered that a molecule in pomegranates, transformed by microbes in the gut, enables muscle cells to protect themselves against one of the major causes of aging.

>Older mice, around two years of age, showed 42% better endurance while running than equally old mice in the control group.
>>
They look disgusting
>>
>>39790228

So that's your excuse for not wanting to maximize your gains?

you're never going to make it
>>
How many do I have to eat a week?
>>
>tfw allergic to raw fruit

can I just drink the juice? I can handle that shit
>>
I'm not a mouse
>>
>>39790219
I eat one or two a day they're one of my favorite fruits, it's fun to take all the seeds out and then eat them by the handful.
>>
>>39790219
REMINDER THAT OP DIDN'T EVEN FUCKING READ HIS OWN LINK

>Before heading out to stock up on pomegranates, however, it's worth noting that the fruit doesn't itself contain the miracle molecule, but rather its precursor. That molecule is converted into urolithin A by the microbes that inhabit the intestine. Because of this, the amount of urolithin A produced can vary widely, depending on the species of animal and the flora present in the gut microbiome. Some individuals don't produce any at all. If you're one of the unlucky ones, it's possible that pomegranate juice won't do you any good.
>however, it's worth noting that the fruit doesn't itself contain the miracle molecule, but rather its precursor.

you may put the pomegranate down
>>
>>39790253

You need to eat the whole seed in order to get the full nutritional benefit.

>>39790247

one a day
>>
>>39790237
Yeah? I know what pomegranates taste like I don't need to eat them again
>>
>>39790266

But we have microbes in our gut.
>>
>>39790281
Yeah but we don't know which specific bacteria makes the conversion needed for the effects to happen. It could even be converted by multiple bacteria, they should really find that out first. From there, people can just take the right probiotics and they'll get the desired effects when eating pomegranate
>>
>>39790266
Precursors can still lead to results that the article is talking about. Like how stem cells are precursors to muscle, nerve, epithilial, etc. cells. Although possibilities are varied, you cant rule out the result of interest wont happen.
>>
>>39790279
their sweet but bitter
literally like a dessert
the fuck is wrong with you
>>
Now to interpret studies you find summarized in clickbait articles, a handy guide.

Step 1: Ctrl+F "mice"
Step 2: If it was done on mice, ignore it because it almost certainly has no relevance to humans

Pomegranates are delicious but get real.
>>
>>39790219
Pomegranates are expensive.
>>
>>39792175

no they aren't
>>
>>39790228
They're tasty as fuck and a great snack because it takes a little effort to eat them.
>>
>>39790266
>spooky gut things

neat

though not exactly worth of my spooky gut bin

http://pastebin.com/f54AG18Q
>>
>>39790338
t. armchair retard whose biology education ended in high school
>>
>>39790266
http://jn.nutrition.org/content/136/10/2481.long
>>
>>39790264
>not just biting the seeds straight off
pleb
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.