[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Started lifting about a month ago but I've been considering

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: 1482529407605.jpg (62KB, 419x449px) Image search: [Google]
1482529407605.jpg
62KB, 419x449px
Started lifting about a month ago but I've been considering stopping lately. I'm full skelly mode, 140 pounds 6'1. I don't think I'm built for this since my joints keep creaking and are sore. Not to mention my arms keep giving out suddenly and almost injure me with the falling weights. Any advice would be nice if it could help me avoid quitting
>>
>>39787238
Do you stretch before and after you lift? 15 min at least.
Do you eat and sleep enough? lifting is only 1/3 of the equation
Are you lifting appropriate weight? Maintain proper form, don't lift more than you should.
>>
File: 1439325604046.jpg (87KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1439325604046.jpg
87KB, 300x300px
>>39787238
Dont give up yet, senpai. I'm 6'1 and started 140 a year ago too. Lifting has been choppy, but i've recently started to hit the gym on a solid schedule a month or two ago and am now 160, going up. Once you go over that initial speedbump of not knowing what your doing, not knowing what to eat, and not being strong enough, which takes a few weeks of solid effort, it's easy sailing upwards.

You can make it, man.
>>
>>39787261
I do some basic stretching I learned from some guys at the gym and a few sets of push ups to warm up. I eat heavy breakfast breakfast and heavy lunch, I eat lightly at night. I think my body isn't balanced since I can lift heavy stuff with biceps but triceps can only do a lesser weights. I make sure form is right and sleep at least 7 hours. I lift weights that are a struggle to finish reps with because I heard it develops strength faster. Should I switch to lighter until they become easier?
>>
>>39787279
I went up 10 pounds since last month but I don't look any bigger. I guess that's good. Did you feel
>>
>>39787291
Any of the things I described?
>>
>>39787289
>I eat heavy breakfast breakfast and heavy lunch, I eat lightly at night

That's not a number anon. You're probably eating less than you think. But regardless of that, you're eating less than your body needs to gain weight.

If you are lifting for strength I've heard 5 reps of heavy weight (for you) is the sweet spot.
>>
>>39787320
Ah you meant calorie counting. I've tried that but it's a bit insane to manage. I do that currently but my wrist and shoulder joints are pretty sore and creak afterwards
>>
File: 1460303241018.gif (2MB, 333x194px) Image search: [Google]
1460303241018.gif
2MB, 333x194px
>>39787303
Even when I was skelly, I did a lot of running and stretching; I was a swimmer and tennis player, I was just fucked when it came to eating at home.

You sound like you're a lot more sedentary, which means even though you're super lean, your joints and your muscles are very tight. You should try getting in a lot of stretching like >>39787261 says in order to be able to make the beginning gains. Once the gains start rolling in, they don't stop for a good while as long as you keep on working and eating right.
>>
>>39787362
Sounds like a plan. So I should focus on a good warmup/stretch before lifting? Just double checking. Thanks for the advice everyone!
>>
File: 1450125714282.jpg (34KB, 414x389px) Image search: [Google]
1450125714282.jpg
34KB, 414x389px
>>39787362
The hardest part is bringing your willpower together to start getting fit when it doesn't seem to be working out. Just go hard for a month, you will definitely notice a difference and the confidence you get from everything working out will get you to keep moving forward. However, if you dont take it seriously at the beginning, you will likely not see any gains, and will be discouraged from continuing.
This is why a lot of unfit people stay unfit even though they constantly try to diet and exercise; they don't have the willpower. Prove to everyone that you have the willpower to make it, breh.
>>
>>39787238
It's a fucking month, cunt! You don't become fucking arnold in a month, stick to the program, and for fucks sake: buy a balance and count your fucking calories. I though I used to ate like a fucking bear, but when I started counting I was not even reaching 2000 cals/day.
>>
>>39787387
I've got the will it's just I don't want to break or injure anything. Already seen my brother mess himself up by accident with lifting and don't want to experience that
>>
>>39787238
Good, give up. Less people crowding my gym
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.