[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>the closest gym that is worth a shit to me is 20km away Real

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 1479289336791.jpg (90KB, 526x701px) Image search: [Google]
1479289336791.jpg
90KB, 526x701px
>the closest gym that is worth a shit to me is 20km away Real talk is it worth it? I don't even own a car yet (18 year old and in my country you have to be 18 to start your driving lessons)

I sit in school around 10 hours a day. The gym is pretty close to the school but then i'd be away from home around 12 or more and i also have to fucking sleep sometimes.
Plus i want to become better at my hobbies and that shit requires time too.

Wat to do, maybe shill some $$$$ and buy some dumbbells a bareball a bench and some weights?
>>
File: 3204795.jpg (627KB, 1920x804px) Image search: [Google]
3204795.jpg
627KB, 1920x804px
What are your goals in fitness? If you are aiming for health and decent aesthetics, you can do well with gymnast rings and a good pair of running shoes. If you want to be a bodybuilder, then you should look for used barbell and dumbbell sets and setup yourself a nice comfy home gym.
>>
>>39783540
closest gym i can afford is 50 km away and i go 4x a week riding my bicycle because i can't afford gas. every day is leg day.

no excuses
>>
Strenght and aesthetics mostly.

I want to gain some weight and muscle mass.
>>
>>39783583
meant for >>39783574
>>
>>39783583
Post a picture.
>>
>>39783600
Fuck no. I am DYEl
>>
>>39783540
If you're a beginner firstly get a set of second hand dumbbells then slowly get more 5KG(11lbs) weights as you need em.

A incline bench is nice but you can just use towels on the floor.
A preacher bench is nice but you can just sit behind a computer chair that reclines (secure it with your feet)

Find a park to do pullups in or do them at school and then finish the workout at home.

Phase two, once you max out your presses and deadlift/squats with the dumbells, then get 1x Olympic Barbell, 4x pl8s. That should last you a year.
>>
>>39783627
>Phase two, once you max out your presses and deadlift/squats with the dumbells
Seeing as he can get as much as 100kg dumbells he really can go with them forever lmao.
>>
>>39783627
Dumb idea, don't follow this advice all you need is:

bar
bench
squat rack
plates

ideal is obviously a power rack and and an adjustable bench but you work with what you can afford
>>
>>39783667
Because kids really stick with new things which have a difficult learning curve. Gyms make most of their money off of people who don't use stick to the gym. Why should he fork out all the money for that when he doesn't know the limit to his dedication. He should spend that money on chasing girls.
>>
>>39783667
Why the squat rack. What. Cant you fucking fireman carry 100kg?
>>
I'm a huge advocate for gymnast rings. For a while all I did was pullup dip and skill progressions on them and I made some good gains. For legs I did alot of skipping, hill sprints and pistol squats with a bag full of shit to my chest. Good times.
>>
>>39783582
Fuck I know this feel.
My new one is only a 40km round trip but back in the day I'd arrive at the gym dripping with sweat. The knee pain I got from doing that 5 times a week was truly horrendous tho. Still, cycling through those country roads listening to music and podcasts were some of the best moments of the last few years. Good times.
>>
>>39784705
>>39784631
Good times.
>>
What's wrong with doing only bodyweight until you have access to a barbell and weights?
>>
>>39783582
>riding 100km with bicycle 4 times a week
yeah, i refuse to believe this
>>
>>39784792
It's entirely possible.
I used to do similar distances per week.
>>
>>39783583
Do you have room for a home gym? If yes, make a home gym. Otherwise off to the gym you go. You said the closest gym "worth a shit" is 20 km far away. Well what is that supposed to mean? All other gyms don't have squat racks, benches and barbells? Because that's all you need to improve strength. Dumbells and cable machines can help with aesthetics too.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.