[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just your friendly reminder that Oly lifters are the only lifters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 1482356626900m.jpg (126KB, 1024x953px) Image search: [Google]
1482356626900m.jpg
126KB, 1024x953px
Just your friendly reminder that Oly lifters are the only lifters who could be considered athletes. Olympic lifting requires speed, power, stability, strength and skill. Don't bother refuting this if you're a powerlifter. Powerfats struggle walking up stairs and cant lift groceries without equipment.
>>
>>39783067
Nice meme
>>
>>39784552
Not even memeing. It's just a fact. Ask an oly lifter to perform any other lift, and he can do it easily. Ask any other lifter to try an oly lift and it's likely he couldn't even lift the bar.
>>
File: images.duckduckgo.com(5).jpg (10KB, 223x300px) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com(5).jpg
10KB, 223x300px
>>39783067
I'd make a case for strongman competitors also having a similar level of athleticism. They may not be explosive enough to do a heavy pull and catch in the right position, but there's an element of explosiveness in log cleans and presses, Atlas stone loads, keg tosses, etc. While they're less explosive than Oly lifters, they do many movements for reps or moving over time, so I'd posit they have higher endurance.
>>
>>39784856
Strongmen are athletes. Powerlifters and Olympic lifters are not.
>>
>>39784883
what's wrong? don't have enough coordination to do a power clean?
>>
>>39784883
Nah, I train at a gym that specializes in athletic training, and the local Oly club, local strongman club, and local powerlifting club all train there. While training with the strongmen I do notice the Oly kids are definitely displaying serious athleticism.
>>
Strongmen are better athletes

The oly heavyweights are just as far as fatass as powerlifters
>>
>>39783067
>be an actual athlete
>lift to supplement my sport hobbies
>see faggots trying to categorize picking heavy things up as a sport

You fuckin idiots aren't atheletes. If you lift for sport, it's because it requires literally ZERO athleticism and it's the only "sport" you can make it in. You're deluding yourself, you're just as much as a faggot now as you were in high school.
>>
File: map_lg.jpg (480KB, 1080x1052px) Image search: [Google]
map_lg.jpg
480KB, 1080x1052px
>>39784957
Pic extremely related
>>
>>39784997
Doing a light 3 day program to help you chase a ball isn't athleticism. Now run along ball monkey.
>>
>Bodybuilder
I have a strict diet and musclebuilding routine. I also have to balance several drugs and cycles year round to look perfect for a competition
>Ironman/other cardio sports
I put my body under extreme stress and push it beyond its limits for sport
>Olylifting
I have incredible strength and speed, I have to train around a specific set of rules for form. I cannot take short cuts and my diet must strict to make weight classes.
>powerfats
I eat and use cheater form to pretend to move heavy things. I am not really strong I just take short cuts to look strong. Secretly wish I was one of the other 3.
>>
>>39784997

>Weightlifting isn't a sport

You compete against others for the gold medal.
>>
>>39784787
That's not how strength works though
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.