[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can I manage my ADHD symptoms without medication? Never been

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1451796488270.jpg (23KB, 620x365px) Image search: [Google]
1451796488270.jpg
23KB, 620x365px
How can I manage my ADHD symptoms without medication? Never been diagnosed but I feel that I have had the full set of symptoms since elementary school. I take adderall every once in a while if I get way behind on work but I hate the way it makes me feel and how time speeds up for 2 days after I take it. I just failed almost all of my classes in my 7th semester of college because my time management, motivation and focus is just not there. I can't even read a god damn paragraph without going over it 2 or 3 times.
>>
i do it just fine you just gotta deal nigga we're freaks
>>
Just don't be a pussy.

Man up and go ham.

Stop thinking you're destined to fail because you've been given this illness that makes life so much easier for everyone else and so much harder for you.

Just say fuck off to the world and go ham and thrash everyone regardless.
>>
>>39782541
quit being a pussy
>>
OK thanks for the motivation but do you have any organizational or focusing tips?
>>
Learn self-discipline
>>
You've spent a majority of your life being dumb as shit and not wanting to focus on something at all. It's not some irreversible brain damage that you're dealing with; you're just not used to actually using your brain for extended periods of time.

Sit down and deal with it. Turn off your phone, TV, or whatever the fuck your dumbass keeps falling back to when you tell yourself you can't focus. Try to read a book in one sitting. Force yourself to do it.

Otherwise you're just going to keep falling back to what you believe is a physical ailment but is rather the consequence of spending a majority of your life not doing exactly what you think you cannot: focusing. Your brain got used to being retarded. It's up to you to fix that.
>>
>>39782541
The first step is to accept that ADHD isn't a thing. It's a meme to shill pills and excuse shitty parenting.

Next you work on self-discipline.
>>
ADHD is real, retards just think that since so many people who don't have it claim to have it that nobody does. People born with ADHD and ADD have fucked up dopamine production and as a result can't focus on anything that doesn't stimulate their brain. The argument that "oh if you can focus on video games or working out why can't you focus on schoool" is bullshit. At the end of the day the only way to beat it is too find something your passionate about to make a career out of take adderall or some other adhd meds.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.