[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'd measuring macros overrated? Have been doing so for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

I'd measuring macros overrated?

Have been doing so for years and lately I've stopped and gone with my own gut about what/how much to eat.
>>
Macros are a pseudoscientific meme. Cals in, cals out, is all that matters.
>>
Macros basically just force you to watch your protein intake. If your protein is good, and your calories are good, the percentages of carbs and fat are normally fine
>>
>>39780400
Do you use an app to track your calories though senpai?
>>
Just count protein + overall calories.

Going by feel doesn't work for everyone (im jelly for those it works for though, lucky bastards)

5 years lifting, I maintain around 158-160lbs 8% body-fat on 2,200 calories (manlet, 5'7)
>>
>>39780415
I don't trust myself to be honest. Former skelly who could go off of just eating two meals a day. Fortunately I am bulking so I can learn to go off the macro grid now but how do you guys track calories? I rely too heavily on my fitness pal
>>
>>39780393

Yeah,~ :: intuitive eating ::~ is a thing.
But what most people dont realize is that its a skill you have to practice.
Its advanced shit.
Youve been looking at your portions so long, you can eyeball what you eat and pretty much hit the mark BECAUSE youve been measuring so long.
This will absolutely work for maintenance.

For most people, intuitive eating right off the bat is a fucking recipe for disaster because they have no idea what the fuck they are doing.

Oh, and if you are trying to achieve a specific goal? Good luck with flying by the seat of your pants. Even people who are used to eyeballing portions need the tool of macro counting if they want to get somewhere in a reasonable time frame.
>>
>>39780393
Why does a stock photo of this exist?
>>
>>39780415
>>39780405
>>39780400
>>39780586
t. people with no plans to compete

>>39780393

More work more reward. Sure, you can make great gains just eating enough protien and trying to get the right mix of carbs and fat, but most will get too little carbs, too much protien, and too much fat.

Just count macros, unless you're confident in your ability to get within 5-10% of ideal by guesstimating.

I guesstimiate, but only because I can eyeball food and hit it within 5% of calories and 5% of macros.

Track your shit, see if your eyeballing is as accurate as you think it is
>>
>>39780415
what do you look like after 5 years lifting? your stats are my current goal for summer
>>
>>39780393
>I'd measuring macros overrated?

this sentence makes me so fucking mad

what the fuck are you trying to say
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.