[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I can finally buy a barbell. How much can i use it? Can i do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: 460049757.jpg (17KB, 632x271px) Image search: [Google]
460049757.jpg
17KB, 632x271px
I can finally buy a barbell.
How much can i use it?
Can i do a full body workout with it?
Do i need to get other shit also?
>>
>>39779427
As much as you want. It's yours, anon.

Yes, you can do full body workouts with a barbell.

You need plates for your bar. I also suggest getting a bench and power cage.
>>
>>39779427
Get an olympic barbell. with proper diameters(google it)

They can be pretty cheap and can stand 300kg+. Used is fine too, but make sure its straight. and should be 50mm in diameter at the ends for the weight plates

Then google and try to find cheap weight plates. You may be able to buy used ones. or find online shops that sell them for cheap.

I found a store in Norway where they sold bumber plates and regulare plates made from recycled plastic that costs 40% less than normal weights in other stores. I couldnt even find used one that was cheaer, and they had free shipping for anything below 35kg and 800k+r($92).

If you can weld then you can make your basic squat rack with only a few steel squared bars. Otherwise you may buy them also used or at a sale.
You can do pretty much everything with a barbell. and basic squat rack with a bench(whch also can be bought dirt cheap)
>>
>>39779427
Post what you intend to buy before you buy, so we can tell you if it's retarded.
>>
>>39779483
Just an average barbell and some plates.
>>
>>39779476
My squat rack consists of 2 chairs propped on top of a desk
>>
>>39779548
Just post it. This is how retards end up with standard bars and overprices plates.
>>
File: 10000122-003-432x600.png (32KB, 432x600px) Image search: [Google]
10000122-003-432x600.png
32KB, 432x600px
>>39779580
Those are going to fuck shit up.
The cheapest option is to make squat stands with wood(those squared boxes). Like you see weightlifters use, but its less versatile than the one in the picture
>>
>>39779593
Im still searching for one online.
I have like 100 bucks now.

I guess i can make one with concrete and save the money.
>>
File: image.png (551KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
551KB, 1536x2048px
>>39779427

I recommend this one:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00W8E5MK4/ref=twister_B01HFPV7QS?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

You can do a lot with just a barbell and some cheap plates:

Deadlifts - Conventional and Sumo
Power Cleans
Overhead Press
Front Squats
Overhead Squats
Barbell Rows
Snatch
Floor press
Curls
Triceps extensions

With a proper squat rack, you would be able to do back squats and make loading the other lifts easier (without a rack, you have to clean the bar off the floor).

If you've got some money to spend, get a quality Olympic barbell, Quality Bumper Plates (10, 25, and 45 lbs), cheap extra plates, and a squat rack with a pull-up bar that can hold 500+ lbs.
>>
Why buy 1 barbell when you can buy 2 barbells? Think about it. Double the workout means double the gains!
>>
>>39779786
/fit/ YES!
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 4608x2048px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 4608x2048px
>>39779427

See picture. Total cost is approximately $600 for 255 lbs of plates, a respectable bar, and a 500 lb capacity rack.*

*The stupid seller for Amazon lists the rack as 300 lbs, but the CAP instruction book says 500 lbs.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.