[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it viable to start sleeping 4-5 hours per night every night?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: strvsint.jpg (123KB, 637x686px) Image search: [Google]
strvsint.jpg
123KB, 637x686px
Is it viable to start sleeping 4-5 hours per night every night?
I don't want to spend 50 % of my life asleep, I got shit to do.
>>
>>39774982
That's my schedule every night.

Im fully recovered after 5 hours.

But then again i'm on gear.

LOL have fun natties.
>>
Only if your one of the lucky few otherwise there goes your gainz, also is 1/3 not 50%
>>
it all depends on your life style and genetics
as long as you're rested it's ok
but speaking from own experience, the longer I sleep the better the recovery not only as far as my nervous system goes but also the muscles, and I find it easier to stay lean if I get 6 hours of sleep instead of 4-5
>>
>>39774982
depending on your schedule (work, etc.) you can look into polyphasic sleep scheduling, but it seems to be very hit-and-miss for who it works - worth a try maybe
>>
>>39774982
Wtf fo you do that you can't miss 7,5 hours a day to sleep? Do you work 2 jobs, have a girlfriend and are still in school or something?
Atm working 52 hours a week, have a gf, volunteer at an animal shelter and at a elderly home, lift, read, etc and still I find time to shitpost.
Maybe you are not managing your time well enough and fuck around to much. Or you might just be a slow motherfucker.
>>
>>39774982
knowing that u sleep away years of your life is pretty annoying, but its just one of those things u can't avoid. assuming ur above 18 ur probably looking at 7 hours minimum
>>
File: 1478672242828.png (854KB, 956x940px) Image search: [Google]
1478672242828.png
854KB, 956x940px
>>39774982
No. Seriously, no it's not possible. Your body needs a certain amount of time to rest and recover and while this amount decreases at a certain point in you life (after puberty but before you become 'older') and there are some interpersonal differences it is highly unlikely that you can be effective on 4-5 hours of sleep. 6-8 hours is the minimum according to most research.
You also cannot just decide how much sleep you need as sleep is hardwired to your Circadian rhythm which is linked to the release of hormones such as melatonin and test. Obvious exceptions are disorders like insomnia.
If I got anything mixed up or just wrong I invite any medifags to correct me, it's been a while since I had this shit in uni.

>inb4 high energy

>>39775038
You could look into polyphasic sleep like this anon said. It used to be the standard thing to do in the middle ages apparently
>>
>>39774982
who would win in a fight?

The first one is certainly more brainier, probably better and could out smart the other,
but the one on the right has a more manlier jaw and mirining those biceps and forearms, but clearly has shit squats
>>
>wasting extra hours every day lying down on a flat surface with your eyes closed
>>
>>39775095
Left one can't run away so the right one can use tiptoe towards him and use his hourglass penis to beat him senseless
The right wins again :^)
>>
I sleep for six hours most of the time. And then i crash for 12 on friday nights and then 8 and back to six during the week.

I need to stabilize my life, i feel like this is gonna kill me sooner or later.
>>
>>39774982

Sleeping less is one of the dumbest things you can do if you want to get fit and live a healthy lifestyle.
>>
>>39774982
>I got shit to do.
Yea, exactly. That's why you're posting on a Finnish fruit fetching forum in the middle of the day.
>>
>>39775577
dubs have spoken
>now stop shitposting so hard.jpg
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.