[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 316
Thread images: 41

File: 1482360239068.jpg (241KB, 672x681px) Image search: [Google]
1482360239068.jpg
241KB, 672x681px
Ask about this months shirt colour assignments and other shit.
>>
>>39772766
Where would one purchase such an elegant outer wear?
>>
recovering fatty
should I fast tomorrow and saturday to keep my average calories down
or just be a prick and not eat my christmas dinner
>>
>>39772941
Just start after new year like all your fat friends
>>
>>39772941
Nothing you do over 2-3 days makes that much of a difference in the long run (provided you don't do shit like eating 3 large pizzas by yourself and chasing it with maple syrup.) Do PSMF or eat as little as you want before Christmas if it will make you feel less guilty, remember to get some fiber unless you want to be constipated during the holidays.
>>
>>39772766
I need that shirt
>>
>>39772941
ask for ALL the veg and turkey
go easy on the potatoes and puddings
>>
What's a good workout for chest without the bench or other equipment? I have a barbell and some dumbbells (30s, 40s, 50s) , but no bench.
>>
>>39772838
>>39772984
>Wanting the all in one pleb shirt instead of buying a full mono-coloured set and just being patient about people noticing you're following the code.
Fucking millennials.
>>
>>39772994
DB bench/floorpress (just do it on the floor or on a sturdy table or the edge of a sofa etc.)
DB flies
>>
>>39773014
How do I get full ROM if I'm on a flat surface?
also, thanks senpai
>>
>>39773024
>How do I get full ROM if I'm on a flat surface?
If you can't find any alternative to doing them on the floor - then you don't. What I did in that same situation was put a sturdy ottoman next to a chair- lie across so my head and chest are on the ottoman and my legs on the chair. Figure something out. If you have a narrow but sturdy table you're all set.
>>
>>39773059
Thanks friend
>>
>>39773003
Maybe they're just autistic (literal) faggots, ever think of that?
>>
>>39773098
>millennials
>autistic (literal) faggots
Po-tayto, pho-tato.
>>
Will I always be farting nonstop and having a sore asshole from wiping while bulking?
>>
File: 280.jpg (278KB, 650x1000px) Image search: [Google]
280.jpg
278KB, 650x1000px
Yoga: does anyone recommend/gotten any benefits from it? Can I lift afterwards, should I do it on a running day, or should it be done on it's own?
>>
>>39773129
Fiber, unless you like it - then continue eating like a kid on a sleep-over all the time.
>>
File: 1462846144034.png (55KB, 226x206px) Image search: [Google]
1462846144034.png
55KB, 226x206px
>>39773140
I do it on rest day, deffo helped with sore back and better knee flexibility.
Plus deep stretch joint pops are pretty much like your bones are coming.
>>
Can I join military with a minimal bulged disc
>>
Also I have something called tarsal coalition where my ankle bones are one big bone should I get surgery
>>
Why dont we just make our own low key design and one of us opens up an online store that we all buy from? We can sticky the link and everyone can buy them
>>
>>39773253
Definitely ask /fit/ and not a doctor.
Maybe you want us to name your kids for you. (Hope you like DYELan and Cardia-Bunny.)
>>
>>39773266
Because making money off board memes is a scumbag move unless it was your OC. Also, we're not that autistic.
>>
>>39773281
Okay here's your (you)
>>
>>39773294
I'm not being mean or anything, I seriously think you should ask a fucking doctor and any advice you will get here is irrelevant next to that.
>>
>>39773305
I am asking a doctor but he said it's a 50/50 chance of success I am just unsure of what to do desu
>>
>>39773281
Tfw name is dylan
Confirmed never going to make it.
>>
I lift 3 times a week
Would it be okay if I did jump rope HIIT cardio 5 times a week?
>>
>>39773315
Get a second and third opinion.

But hey: maybe you're right, maybe there's a medfag online or someone had the surgery. Just don't let people who used google to form an opinion in 5 minutes make the decision for you.
>>
>>39772766
>>>39773315
>Get a second and third opinion.
>
>But hey: maybe you're right, maybe there's a medfag online or someone had the surgery. Just don't let people who used google to form an opinion in 5 minutes make the decision for you.
I know I just don't know if I could join the military if I got this surgery. Thanks
>>
>>39772766
Should I switch exercises between sets, or do all sets then start the next exercise?
>>
help me fit ive been losing weight for the last months on keto but I have noticed that my hips look bigger?? I lift and have enough protein but I lost more fat on my chest and arms and my hips stayed the same
>>
>>39773465
You do one exercise, finish it and then move on to the next. The exception are super-sets where you alternate each set between two exercises that mostly use different muscles ie. bench/rows.
>>
>>39773472
Give it time, if it's just fat deposits on your hips then they will fade once you hit low enough numbers. People lose and gain fat first and last in different spots. If it's down to bone structure - you're fucked, but you can still use tricks to make it much less obvious.
>>
>>39773521
I have wide hips too but not that wide, my lower back just stores so much damn fat.
>>
File: 1461904466870.jpg (59KB, 655x527px) Image search: [Google]
1461904466870.jpg
59KB, 655x527px
Is breathing through just your nose a meme or a common practice? I recently switched to it and I feel better in every way while running. I feel it forces you to breathe deeper, slower, and more consistently. It also helps in the cold to avoid a post run cough, and I'm not gasping for air at the end of a run.

I looked it up online and a lot of places and people say it's not as good. Is the benefit I feel from it just because I lacked discipline with mouth breathing?
>>
>>39773530
Gut and love handles are classic sites for guy to store fat. Don't worry, it'll come off.

>Is breathing through just your nose a meme or a common practice?
Do you mean in general or during running?
>>
>>39773332
Anyone?
>>
>>39773614
I meant during running, thought that was obvious. Pretty sure youre supposed to spend 99% of your natural day nosebreathing, and prolonged mouthbreathing can fuck you up. But a lot of running sites and people swear by mouthbreathing for running.
>>
>>39773293
Nah morally they should do it NFP, make it so cheap that they dont profit off it so we can all wear it
>>
>>39772766

I'm a lucky guy
>>
Is 490ng/dl testosterone bad for an 18 year old?
>>
I got really fucking sick, puked my guts out, stayed in bed and didn't eat anything for like 30 hours. The next time I can go to the gym is tuesday. Should I deload or can I recover by then?
>>
>>39772941
Just eat less at christmas dinner.

What the fuck is you're family going to say if an overweight guy wants to eat a little less? probably "Hey that's cool anon, good for you." If they say anything else they're gains goblins and you reply "s-shoo shoo"
>>
>>39773737
it's bad for an 18 year old who genetically should have 1000ng/dl.

probably normal for you and within healthy range. did you just get one test, or do you have 3 tests averaged out?
>>
Anybody got a good routine for combatting major anhedonic depression?
>>
>>39772766
Since when does /fit/ support lgbt
>>
>>39773774
I had one taken in the middle of the day and it was 440 and another one early in the morning while fasted. The second one was 490.
>>
>>39773332
>>39773621
nigga who gives a shit, just do it, if you find you can't lift as much because of it then stop or do it less until you find an amount that works for you.

No one knows what works best for you, so you're going to have to take a jump and maybe use a program that won't work perfectly for a while before you figure everything out.
>>
>>39773801
yeah buddy you're probably supposed to have that amount of test.

if you're dead set on doing something about it,don't inject testosterone when you're 18. try memes like nofap, no plastic, less phytoestrogens, etc. and take optimen vitamin or some shit with zinc. you can try clomid, it will double your test or more, but most people say it doesn't remove low t symptoms or give them the effects in the gym that exogenous test does so I'm not sure how the fuck that works.
>>
>>39773801
>>39773774
by the way in case my post was unclear, I mean some 18 year olds are supposed to have 1000ng and some are supposed to have 450. Not that all 18 year olds should have 1000ng.

450 is fine man, just barely good enough.
>>
>>39773942
OK thanks
>>
To gain muslce and lose fat simultaneously one should eat at maintenance, right?
I'm skinny (138lbs) but I have unproportionally visible fat on my legs and ass, so my plan is to lose that fat, and clean bulk afterwards.
Would that work, is that a good plan?
>>
>>39774022
give height, I wouldn't recommend cutting at that weight.
>>
>>39774026
5'8" my man
>>
>>39773757
Pls respond
>>
>>39774026
>so my plan is to lose that fat, and clean bulk afterwards
Scratch that, I'm stupid.
Of course I meant eating at maintaince to lose fat and gain muscle at the same time
>>
>>39774022
>>39774034
If you have an average dyel ffmi then you're around 10-15%BF no need to cut, you have flab because you lack muscle not because you're fat ie. you're skinnyfat.
>>
>>39774046
Most beginners can recomp just fine while making decent progress, go for it. If you stall out go for a slight surplus.
>>
>>39774037
just feel it out, you may have lost some progress but I doubt it's too much.
>>
>>39774059
Thanks a lot, really appreciate it
>>
you would need to post more specific information like last time doing this lift, how much weight you lift, sets, reps, etc.

I would say go Tuesday and attempt to do your next programmed workout. It should become apparent if you are weaker or not. If you feel weaker, take it easy and deload. If you feel good, roll with it.

personally I would take it easy. vomiting takes a large toll on the body. even days later.
>>
>>39774067
>>39774037
4u
>>
>>39774063
Thanks man
>>
I went to party last night instead of getting a good night's sleep for a lifting day. Forgive me for I have sinned.
Could hardly do 5 kg's taken out my lifts let alone increasing, is this normal? Just about a month into SL.
>>
>>39773024
A flat surface should be full ROM. You are not supposed to go below parallel or you will fuck your shoulders up. Please go learn proper bench form.
>>
File: what_the_fuck_am_I_reading.png (19KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
what_the_fuck_am_I_reading.png
19KB, 400x400px
>>39773113
>pho-tato
>>
>>39774151
Yeah it's normal, you didn't recover. Eat, sleep, get yuuge AND FUCKING STICK TO THE PROGRAM
>>
>>39773140
Before lift:
>No - static stretches
>Yes - mobility warm up exercises

After lift/day off:
>Yes - Static stretches like yoga positions
>No - Nothing but rest

Just make sure you're not doing a bunch of muscle-relaxing static stretches before you exercise and you'll be fine. Yoga helped me with my hip flexibility and lower back pain.
>>
>>39773197
If you can hide your weirdness/injury/fetishes, the military will take you. The only thing I would see a problem with is situps, but if you can do those, you'll be fine.
>>
>>39773856
This is the correct answer. So many people on here want to come up with the perfect routine before they ever start their routine.
>>
How do you fix your posture?
I stand up straight but my shoulders are always slumped forward.
Is there anything I can do that'll tighten back muscles and draw them back naturally, or do I literally have to pay attention to my fake posture day-to-day?
>>
>>39774321
>Is there anything I can do that'll tighten back muscles and draw them back naturally, or do I literally have to pay attention to my fake posture day-to-day?

Both, actually. You have over-active anterior deltoids and pecs, as well as weak posterior delts and spinal erector muscles in your upper back.

Do stretches to loosen your chest and shoulders, and exercises like face-pulls and barbell row to strengthen your back. It will take several months, but your posture will correct itself. In the meantime, stop yourself from slouching when you notice it and take time during your day to stretch your chest and shoulders. I'm assuming you work at a job that requires your arms to be forward for most of the day.
>>
>>39774321
Paying attention to your posture works and becomes easier with time. There's also stretches and foam rolling if you have tightness contributing to poor posture. And of course there's strengthening muscles that are weak or being overpowered.

Use all three: You want to strengthen your upper back. Stretch and roll your pecs and pay attention to posture - but don't exaggerate and make sure your shoulder blades are also in the right position.
>>
>>39774347
>>39774360
cheers both.

Is there a career that doesn't have your arms forward most of the day?

I deviate between pure NEETdom and short bursts of fulfilling high paying contracts, I've done a ton of different work and thinking about it, every variation of work has arms forward.

The obvious stretch I can think of is the barbell row without the barbell or hands together behind tailbone and lifting up, is there anything else?

What's meant by the shoulder blade position and exaggeration? Don't hyperextend the barbell row motion?
>>
>>39774424
Are you an assassin or a party magician?
>>
>>39774448
No I just know a ton of employers in different fields. Sometimes driving, sometimes construction trades, sometimes hospitality. Usually over events and stuff.

I mean yes. To both.
>>
>>39774424
Don't hyperextend anything.
Here's a yoga routine for the chest that I like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMwboE5yAZs
Do this shit every day if you want to, just not before you bench.

By shoulder blade position, think of squeezing an orange between your shoulder blades. Draw them together and then push straight down. This is also how you set up for proper bench form.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYKScL2sgCs
skip to 1:54
>>
>>39773757
Ease into it. See how it feels. Then do what you can?
>>
File: back.jpg (291KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
back.jpg
291KB, 640x360px
>>39774424
>What's meant by the shoulder blade position
Make sure your scapulae are down and in, avoid pic related ie. winging.
>and exaggeration? Don't hyperextend the barbell row motion?
Don't hyper-extend the lower back too much or introduce thoracic flattening ie. don't break one thing trying to fix another.
>>
Experiencing some heart break right now and i'm having trouble motivating myself to do anything but sleep and work.

How do I get over this shit, I hate feeling like this.
>>
>>39774476
Fake it 'till you make it. I know it's generic advice but it works.
>>
>>39773759
Wrong.
Thanks for playing.
>>
>>39774476
Get out of your head and into your body
Try a different workout routine, go to an indoor climbing gym, yoga, whatever, don't stew in them bad vibes.
>>
File: 6syh7R3.gif (321KB, 300x222px) Image search: [Google]
6syh7R3.gif
321KB, 300x222px
>>39774476
>I hate feeling like this.
Don't look at that as motivation, but as a simple observation that you made about your life. You've probably already experienced the sense of accomplishment and well-being that working out gives you. So you know that if you don't want to feel like that, you can work out to feel better. This works in the short and long term, as well. Exercise and proper diet positively affects your mood and energy levels.
Be conscious of the positives and negatives in your life and only work on what you can control.

gif not related
>>
>>39774476
preworkout to go to the gym anyways, time to heal the heartbreak
>>
>>39774501
>don't stew in them bad vibes
this. nothing makes you feel worse than thinking about how shitty you feel.
>>
>>39774496
>>39774501
>>39774503
>>39774507
>>39774512
Thanks guys, I'll push through it I know I will it's just really tough right now. I appreciate the advice greatly though.
>>
File: 1476282302265.png (230KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1476282302265.png
230KB, 640x360px
Has anyone EVER met a girl who
>actively worked to improve herself physically
>actively worked to improve herself mentally
AND
>did these things not just to get a guy, but because it's actually what she wanted to do
???

Every girl I meet is boring as fuck. Literally every girl I meet is a walking vagina looking for a guy to put a kid in them.

I want someone who seeks out knowledge, explores music, is interested in architecture, is genuinely interested in the story behind why things happened. Someone who doesn't give a fuck about this mindless modern pop culture, who doesn't pay attention to celebs, someone who has odd interests and hobbies which are outside of trends and accepted standards.

But that doesn't exist. I hate women.
>>
File: 1481963437536.png (297KB, 764x1058px) Image search: [Google]
1481963437536.png
297KB, 764x1058px
>>
>>39774599
Never go full /r9k/. But yes, in general women tend to be less interesting and witty than guys - simply because they don't have to be to get attention. Would you be good at banter and storytelling if during every date you could just stare blankly at the girl, give generic answer and still get away with it? As far as interests outside of fashion, make-up and gossip go - there are plenty of girls that are smart and well read, problem is most of them are already taken or have a very, very high opinion of themselves.
>>
>>39774599
>>actively worked to improve herself physically
>actively worked to improve herself mentally
AND
>did these things not just to get a guy, but because it's actually what she wanted to do

Yeah, she was one of my best friends in the military. These are generally people with high self esteem.

Based on the second part of your preferences, you're looking for a meme... so you can put a kid in them.
Go cry, emo kid. If you actually want a real intellectual, you should probably be one yourself first. Also, where do you think intellectual women spend their time?
>>
>>39774641
>, problem is most of them are already taken
This, girls that aren't in LTRs or married past 25 usually have a lot of issues.
>>
File: index.jpg (9KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
9KB, 300x168px
>>39774240
It's a reference to Friends, you know from back when TV was good and you could get bee for a nickel and we all danced the grunge.
>>
How does row stats fare on a symmetrical person? A person who as 1/2/3/4 as an example
>>
Should I be stalling on baby weights when I am cutting?
>>
Didn't get any replies in the last qtddtot, let's try again.

If I want to keep chipping off some pockets of fat from being overweight while starting on my lifting, is eating at maintenance OK or is it just not compatible? E.g will need to put on some fat to make gains.
>>
>>39775048
Maybe if you're cutting too fast, or something. The goal is to lose weight, though. If you want to lift more while you cut, then cut more slowly.
>>
>>39775097
Yeah, you're gonna have to eat more to get gains.
Cut after that. Otherwise, you're gonna lose weight and then have to get it all back just to progress with your lifts.
>>
>>39775097
>>39775196
Don't listen to this guy

If you're overweight you can still do a body recomp by cutting. Sure the progress will be slower (you'll put on muscle slower), but you'll look better in the long run.

if you're already overweight DO NOT BULK. Do not fall for this meme, I bulked when I was skinny fat and I just got chubby.

Just cut and you're body will naturally recomp when you're a noob.
>>
>>39775196
>>39775260
To be clear, I basically lost almost all the weight I wanted, except at the thighs.

My concern is how to stop having the rest of me look like a skeleton while cutting down the big mess of fat around the thighs. Right now it makes finding good pants pretty difficult because of how, huh, extreme it is.
>>
>>39775267
post pic of naked body
>>
>>39775275
Sure, but not until tonight, so not for another 7 hours.
>>
I never, ever get approached by men. Does this mean automatically that I'm ugly? 5'4, 130 lbs, DD cup.
>>
>>39773794
Woah, I am just a lucky guy.
>>
>>39775289
Post pic
>>
>>39775377
That's not going to happen. You know that, anon.

Just tell me what never getting approached could mean. I am definitely not model pretty, but I always thought I was average at least. Could I be giving off frigid vibes? Or am I definitely just ugly?
>>
>>39775408
maybe you are too pretty so noone is confident enough or you are ugly pic or GTFO
>>
>>39775408
It depends on a lot of factors
We can waste our time asking you a lot of questions and evaluating your answers (we wont)
Or you can post a pic and tell us the country and population size of the city you live in
>>
>>39775467
Definitely not too pretty. Not posting my picture on a Singaporean ice cream board full of creeps and weirdos. Won't bother asking further questions since you guys seem uninterested in helping me.
>>
>>39775495
There is nothing to answer. Do you realize how fucking stupid you sound? There is just no information to help you. Can be anything. You are ugly, you smell, you have resting bitch face, you wear "This is what feminist looks like" T-shirt. We cant know.
>>
>>39773786
Any routine that'll get you in the gym brah

Now be a good lad and READ THE FUCKING STICKY
(Also lifting won't necessarily cure your ahnedonia but the confidence of the journey towards a rocking bod will certainly fucking help)
>>
>>39775408
>"am I ugly"
>refuses to post pic
you might not be ugly but you're one dumb fuck
>>
TL;DR - Had a sudden sharp drop in cardio performance, was gasping for breath after a 1km. Normally happily run 5k. Should I count this as a bad day or is there something I've done wrong?

Longer Version - Today I was out for my 5k jog, but after 1k I literally had to stop because I was just so out of breath. I've been losing a lot of weight recently and around a month ago I finally got my cardio up to the point I could run a 5k, and I've just been trying to improve my times since. I run it every other day, with lifting in between.
There were a couple of things I could put it down to. It was very windy out today and I live in a rural area, I don't know if that makes a difference. I also am very stressed at the moment and I was working for a couple of hours before the jog, and had drunk 6 cups of strong coffee in that time. Was this just a bad day? Does coffee make that much of a difference?
>>
>>39775581
u gon die
>>
>>39772838
Cunt
>>39772967
>>
>>39775576
Not even trying to white knight, but it's not that hard to tell someone a few pointers that might make them more approachable. She said she was average and you tards could have gone from there.

But since it was a girl and LONDON, you wouldn't shut up about getting a picture.

The autism level on this forum I swear to God
>>
>>39775664
>forum
Nothing autistic here except you, you fucking faggot
>>
META question:

Do the store fronts you have to select for the captchas creep anyone else out? They look like shoddy fronts for human trafficking or Hostel like murder-for-profit enterprises.
>>
>>39775673
I'm old, that's what they were called back in the day: message boards and Internet forums.
>>
>>39775581
Just a bad day. You don't just lose cardio gains all of a sudden.
>>
Do any of you know how to get a free week at golds?
>>
>>39775754
Can't you just ask?
>>
>>39775696

4chan has always been an image board. At no point in time have image boards been referred to as forums because forums are different things.
>>
i'm 8 weeks post-op acl reconstruction (patella graft) and meniscus repair.
im cleared for close chain so I started deadlifting and weighted squats to 80 degrees.
my bad leg shakes like crazy, do I just fight through it and it'll stabilize eventually?
>>
>>39775774
Come on now. This place is really no different than a message board except the OP has to post a picture.
>>
>>39773588
>Is breathing through just your nose a meme or a common practice?

doesnt everybody breathe through the nose unless they do some really stressfull activities ? Atleast that is how I do it...
>>
>>39775774
You're just taking his bait so hard; stop falling for it faggot.
>>
I'm skinnyfat, if I bulk I get too fat and my tits become actually huge, but if I cut I become auschwitz. What do?
I've been lifting while at maintenance for a couple of months now and i'm just caught in some shitty limbo between the two
>>
>>39775967
Dont eat at maintenance. Eat and lift at surplus to achieve gainage.
>>
>>39775967
You're going to be told to bulk to get some muscle base so you fill out, and that's fine, but if you hate your body then everyday will be painful and stressful for you.

Bulk until you hate yourself, cut until you hate your life.
>>
>>39775967
Girls find skinny more attractive than strong-fat but strong-fat is useful. Personally I'd wait until I plateau on lifts then up the callories.
>>
File: 1464709286779.jpg (279KB, 2048x1151px) Image search: [Google]
1464709286779.jpg
279KB, 2048x1151px
>>39772766
Anybody got tips for longer-term (even permanent) hair removal? I'm tired of shaving my whole undercarriage and my neckbeard looks like shit.
>>
>>39776062
Permanent laser removal is dirt cheap nowadays, just some spots are a bitch to do it on if you can’t handle it but that is situational. Literally google laser hair removal and the name of the closest city to you with 75k+ people.

also holy shit sauce, more cameltoe yoga pls
>>
>>39776062
Lasers. Having permanently smooth balls is godsend.
>>
Does drinking green tea actually do anything? I gave up coffee but like a hot drink in the morning
>>
>>39772766
Good exercises for ab endurance? I'm a cyclist.
>>
How do I into self-esteem and self-worth?
>>
>>39773630
Idk ive never read up on breathing techniques for running but i breath thru the nose and i can def go further and faster then if i was sucking in air thru my mouth
>>
>>39777093
Breathe in through nose breathe out through mouth. Best of both worlds (slow, rich inhale and powerful exhale).
>>
>>39773588

It limits the amount of oxygen you get so if you're doing a quality run breathing through the nose won't cut it v02 wise. Usually runners breathe through both nose and mouth when necessary on a 2/2 inhale/exhale pattern.
>>
File: TQfmuGu.png (61KB, 1228x1502px) Image search: [Google]
TQfmuGu.png
61KB, 1228x1502px
>>39772766
Fatty here, im trying to min/max my training this isnt some shitty excuse to eat garbage, but are cheat meals a meme, or something more...
>>
>>39777380
>this isnt some shitty excuse to eat garbage
>cheat meals
This might be true if you have decent self control, but if you had that you wouldn't be fat.
>>
>>39777469
Thank you for the non help anon, as useful as always.
>>
File: 1472596730203.gif (67KB, 700x530px) Image search: [Google]
1472596730203.gif
67KB, 700x530px
>>39777047
Create a fantasy world in your head where you matter.
The trick is allowing other people into this fantasy without letting them know or change it so you can still function in society.
>>
>>39777479
Fuck you, I don't mind doing dozens of calculations and writing 500+ words to reply to a concrete question, but this was an "are x a meme" question - the answer is usually "yes and no, it depends." It's also based on my own experenice - I had cuts right after recovering as a fatty where cheat meals fucked it all up and I had cuts where I had the self-control to use them as a motivational tool as in "nah, I'll eat clean all week and then I'll have that pizza while watching the game."
>>
>>39777517
Depends on what you shitlord. Is their concrete science behind it or not. Youre saying nothing in your shitty paragraph.
I dont want a fucking cheat meal so I can feel good about myself and say "ahhhhh i need to lay low today and relax"

Sounds like they didnt help you in both cases anon, forever a fatty.
>>
>>39777500
that seems quite close to being insane
>>
What's the difference between the Power Rack and the Olympic Weightlifting Power Rack? Why would I use one over the other?

My gym has two power racks, two smith machines and 1 Olympic Station thing and I'm trying to figure out what the difference is other than the loud floor
>>
>>39777538
>Spoon feed me reeeee!
>You're fat!
Real nice, you're lucky /fit/ is a nice board.

I was talking about compliance motherfucker, what makes you lose fat is well established (eating less calories than you burn) you knew that when you were fat and you know that now. What matters is motivation and compliance. Cheat meals will help some people stay motivated and some will use them as an excuse to make up most of the calories they use up.

>I dont want a fucking cheat meal so I can feel good about myself and say "ahhhhh i need to lay low today and relax"
If you think that the mental part of the journey is irrelevant then you're a retard. The real world isn't ideal and you don't have infinite willpower.

And if you're talking about metabolic effects: unless you're on a deficit that is too low and on a meme diet, it won't make much of a difference.
>>
File: 1468296510880.jpg (118KB, 920x602px) Image search: [Google]
1468296510880.jpg
118KB, 920x602px
>>39777563
You're probably thinking too dramatically.
Remember, we're trying to live alongside reality, so you can't believe you're a wizard protecting maidens or a techno-goth private eye on the trail of a big case when you work at BK, your fantasy will crash and burn.
But you can pretend that when people look at you they like what they see, that when you aren't around people remember you fondly, you can pretend that what you do makes a difference in some small way.
>>
>>39777658
How do I go about this? Because right now, my fantasy world is basically filled with my friends and family being disappointed in me because they are all doing better than me and are happier than me.
>>
>>39777700
get better fantasy

drugs help
>>
>>39777700
Use the power of your quad-dubs.

Almost any social situation has some ambiguity: you can rarely know 100% what people think of you or your actions, or what theirs meant. The trick (granted, it's a pretty big one) is to make sure to within 90% (otherwise you'll be a deluded fool living in fantasy) and vanquish all remaining doubt. Just stop it, at one point you gotta decide and move on.

But this shit means nothing if you're going to be a miserable, boring and latz cunt. People aren't going to think you're swell if you're not - eliminating doubt, being aware without being insecure and being likeable and are all different things. Together they'll help fix your self-esteem. Sorry if I'm rambling, just my two cents.
>>
>>39777627
>spoonfeed me
>question thread

Yes im talking about metabolic effects.
I don't want cheat meals so i'm encouraged to let off a little steam sometimes.

If it improves metabolism or whatever meme magic science stuff that I have no idea about, then ill welcome it. But if you're implying encouragement on a mental level then I don't need it.
>>
>>39772994
You could lay your back on a curb and do one arm floor presses but still hit full rom
>>
>>39772766
What brand of creatine are you guys taking? Trying to save money on the cheapest brand I can find that's not filled with bs
>>
>>39777842
MyProtein is consistently ranked highest or in top 3 and is the cheapest
>>
>>39777823
This thread is supposed to be for people who have already read the sticky and have specific questions that can't be googled easily, but then again - most people don't give a shit about that.

Cheat meals and refeeds (eating plenty of carbs for a day during a cut to replenish glycogen reserves) are two different things. They do however overlap to some degree. Personally I'm more of a fan of just eating a decent amount of carbs on your cut (ie. not doing stuff like PSMF,) in that case you don't really need refeeds.
>>
Is there anywhere I can get samples of a bunch of different preworkouts? I got some samples of MyPre from myprotein but my insane caffeine tolerance made it havery almost no effect. Want to make sure I find one that works for me before I buy a full tub.
>>
Should I do just front squats or lunges and front squats?
>>
>>39777934
Step up to DMAA pre.
>>
>>39777984
Recommendation?
>>
>>39777994
Dust extreme. Worth the cost of admission to try DMAA imo. Not sure if it's maybe available as a powder by itself anywhere?
>>
>>39777823
>>39777880
Forgot to say: metabolic magic is not real, the body does adjust energy levels and non-basic processes when faced with a shortage of calories - but unless you're doing something really dramatic the effect on weight loss will be very minor.

Just stay under your max daily fat metabolization.
Ie. if you're 100kg and 40% body-fat, you have 40kg of fat, the body can only metabolize about 65kcal per day for every kilo of fat before it starts doing stuff like burning a lot of lean mass. So in our example: 40kg of fat times 65kcal/kg/day equals 2600kcal max deficit per day. And even that's pushing it since you're so close to the limit and can't know BF% with certainty unless someone performs an autopsy on you. Maybe go 10% under - 2340kcal. You also need to make sure you get enough protein (about 1.45g/kg of lean mass if lifting) and fat (about 1.1g per kg of lean mass) so in general:

>1. Make sure you get enough protein.
>2. Make sure you get enough fat.
>3. Add a reasonable amount of carbs for your activity levels, this varies a lot.
>4. Make sure your total caloric deficit is not higher than your max daily fat metabolization.
>5. If you get carb depleted either adjust your intake and accept a slightly slower cut (my advice) or refeed for a day.
To calculate all this you need to know your weight, bf% and TDEE. Weight is measured - obviously, bf% can be measured or inferred from a combination of visual examination and using your lift numbers and frame size to determine your approximate FFMI and then plugging that in, TDEE is calculated - unless you can spend a day in a sports medicine lab.

But then again there are a ton of people who will tell you otherwise and call me an idiot.
>>
>>39773140
I lift 4 days a week and do yoga 4-5 days a week.
Just do yoga after lifting or with several hours between if you are doing yoga then lifting.

Flexibilty, stiffness, random aches and pains all improved.
definitely recommend going.
>>
File: 1357962468764.jpg (91KB, 560x823px) Image search: [Google]
1357962468764.jpg
91KB, 560x823px
>left lat non-existent
>right lat juicy
how did this happen
>>
File: fitzgslp.jpg (121KB, 700x600px) Image search: [Google]
fitzgslp.jpg
121KB, 700x600px
I have wide hips and a wide iliac crest. I've been doing /fit/'s GSLP and it's making my hips wider by increasing the size of my glutes and other muscles in the area. How do I prevent this without reverting to a brosplit?
>>
>>39774230
heres your (you)
>>
Fatty here, carton egg whites or whole eggs, or does it depend on what I eat throughout the day.
>>
>>39778177
Thank you anon.
>>
I am trying to work my way up to 1/2/3/(no 4 because my knee can't handle deadlifts). The most I've ever weighed until recently is 134lbs. I am up to 144lbs after lifting and eating a caloric surplus for two months. While my muscles are building, my question is how long it will take my skeletal structure to support big weight or is that even a factor?

Currently I am doing the following 5x5's:

BP: 160lbs
Squat: 185lbs
OHP: 90lbs
>>
>>39778913
Chances are you can rehab your knee and/or alter your deadlift technique. If your knees are healthy enough to squat they usually are healthy enough to deadlift. Disregard this if a doctor or PT told you otherwise.

Usually when giving stats you want to mention height and approximate bf% in addition to weight - as well as time spent lifting and if you're a girl specify that. People can give you a pretty accurate timeline from that, assuming you train and eat properly.

If you were sedentary or haven't been using at least decent form from the beginning or maybe had a minor injury - then it is possible that your tendons or ligaments or joints will need to do a bit of catching up. It's very rare for actual bones to be a limiting factor in anyone healthy.
>>
>>39778495
Same anon. Someone answer him.
>>
I think I ran out of my noob gains and it's time to move on from the novice routine I'm on.
It's been 10 months and I havent hit 1234, but to be fair I started as an untrained skellington, so I guess all things considered it didnt go so bad.
I think I now need a routine to put on some more muscle mass, my strenght seems to have hit a ceiling, so I guess more volume is the way to go.
I was thinking PPL, PHUL...I think I may avoid other strength progression based routines for a while.
I first gotta grow some mooscles
>>
>>39773140
Yes yoga. Squat form improved, more flexible better balance and less clumsy after 2 years of it. My instructor is hot.
>>
>>39778954
Thanks. Male - 5'8" and around 15-18% bf if I had to guess. I have been lifting for 3 months after being away for 10 years (though never really focused on diet).
>>
>>39773786
If you've done ss or sl then I recommend Phat or brosplit or any other high frequency program. Lifting is a major component of keeping my shit together.
>>
>>39778971
Stats, motherfucker, do you have them? What is your routine, are you left or right handed, what kind of work do you do, have you tried close-in DB rows? if yes, how big is the strength difference?

>>39778974
Stats, stats, stats make the merry world go 'round.

10 months is definitely enough for even the most atrophied skelly to run out his noob gains if he has been eating and training right. Hitting 1/2/3/4 on LP is not a hard rule or guarantee: some manage it, some don't.
>>
>>39774644
In fairytale land.
>>
>>39778997
In my experience (filtering for estatters and trolls) the ones who tend to hit it are previously trained people and really big guys.
For someone starting from an untrained skelly eith spaghetti arms, hitting 1234 in one year is not just not that probable.
And I have really bad mobility, muscle distr and bone structure.
So I was "doomed" from the start, but still, I had some progress I didnt expect.
My best stats x5 were (since then, around 1.5 month ago, I dropped in performance, probably due to starting a job, and never recovered, deloads became working sets) 53.5kg OHP, 80kg Binch, 100kg Squat, 122.5kg Deadlift.
I just think I need more volume, my muscles havent grown for shit, I keep seeing guys doing meme routines and getting 5 times my gains, strengrh training is a meme for people unlike like me.
Ffs I rowed, dl'd and pulldown's for months and I still cant do more than 2 pullups (cant into frequency method, doorframes are too old for bar and my gym is too far
>>
>>39778997
right handed, I do T-bars and chin ups for back mainly, also Meadow rows
>>
>>39779045
>>39778997
Forgot, I am 185cm tall, 6'1. 87kg.
Gained ~8kg from when I started in end February.
Started with SL, switched to SS soon after, then Greyskull LP around Sept. I had an explosion or progress right then, and then it all fell apart, I started losing strenght and right when I was trying to solve that I got a part time job where I basically stand for 20 hrs a week in retail. Not that much, but before that I was really sedentary so..
>>
I posted about 2 threads ago regarding my stats, and someone told me my squat/deadlift is very imbalanced. Is this true?

Skwaat 75kg 3x5 (most I hit was 80kg for 2 then had to deload)

DL 106.25kg 1x5 (should've been 107.5kg but I forgot to put the 1.25kg plate on the other side and didn't realise until I finished and reracked the weights, kek)

68kg @ 182cm
>>
>>39778993
Okay, your BMI is a cunts hair under 22.
Let's say your bf% is 16%, so your FFMI is just under 18.5. That's about average for someone who has never touched a weight in their life. This doesn't seem right, your lifts are very good for 3 months in at your weight and height, are you sure you're not way leaner than that? Are you sure you're 5'8''? Something doesn't add up.

Your theoretical 1RMs would be about
230lbs for Squat.
200lb for Bench.
110lb for OHP.
Your bench is much better than your squat and OHP.

Your average surplus is about 600kcal, which is enough even for a skelly.

On one hand, I'd say you've got still quite some linear gains to make, lean guys usually top out their LP at about 24-25 BMI.
But your lifts already place you at intermediate for your size.
Either you have fantastic leverages and genetics or you got your stats wrong.
>>
I'm newfag. What's 1/2/3/4?
>>
>>39779149
How many 45-pound plates are on the bar during your OHP/flat bench/squat/deadlift

Typically it means you use that weight as a working set, not a 1RM, and it's just an arbitrary goal that says "I'm not a complete beginner anymore".
>>
>>39779162
*are on each side of the bar
>>
File: Untitledss.png (38KB, 1123x364px) Image search: [Google]
Untitledss.png
38KB, 1123x364px
>>39779045
I hit 1/2/3/3.5 while milking the last of my linear gains. 6', was fatty at the time and ate at surplus, had some gym experience in my youth. So yeah, I'd agree 1/2/3/4 on LP isn't that realistic for raw noobs who are lean or below average height, or maybe I just have shit genetics.

>>39779047
>right handed
>right lat bigger than left
>can do chin-ups and rows (I assume with proper form) without any major problems
I'd say your lats aren't as freakishly asymmetrical as you think - unless you got asymmetric insertions or something. Try one armed pulls like DB rows with elbows close to body and see if your strength difference is bigger than 5-10%. If you want to fix it: same thing, DB rows, one armed cable rows etc. Do your left side first and only do as many reps with your right as you managed with your left.

>>39779075
Hello again friend, the answer is still yes. Pic related, you're probably catbacking like a... cat.
>>
>>39779162
Ok, so in order to not be a beginner, you need 2x45 on overhead press, 4x45 on bench press, 6x45 on squat and 8x45 on deadlift?
>>
>>39779182
For most people that's reasonable but everyone's different, some people do it in 6 months, some people do it in 2 years. Some people hit those numbers on their beginner routine and keep making improvements, some people start stalling before they hit those numbers and move on to an intermediate program first and then hit it.

Overall it doesn't mean too much but it's a nice round number that you can feel good about. It's not considered very heavy for serious bodybuilders but it's significantly more than your normie population can lift.
>>
>>39779107
I really appreciate you taking the time to educate me. Sticky only goes so far. My bf is probably lower then - maybe 12%. Honestly, I am not really sure how to calculate other than going online to an estimator or looking at pictures and comparing to my body. 12% looks right. I have always been lean and gaining weight these last months has been a chore. Either way, I am definitely 5'8" at 144lbs.

Your 1RM estimates for me definitely seem high, though. I have never tried to 1RM, but don't think I could bench 200lbs or squat 230lbs (unless quarter squatting). My squat total went down once I committed to A2G in any event. OHP at 110lbs I may be able to do. I will say I do believe I have solid genetics, but I also spent eight years in the military. I didn't really lift weights regularly (outside of some time in Iraq), but I was a grunt and had to be able to carry a lot of weight on a small frame (probably the cause of my knee issues). I also spent years in the martial arts so I've never really been sedentary - just not a regular lifter. I started again because I got tired of not having something to work towards and it helps keep me in the right mindset.
>>
>>39779179
I thought having long arms would make my deadlift a little stronger than my other lifts but maybe it is my form? I actually had lower back pain when deadlifting before, and when I went for this pr on Wednesday I changed my form a little and managed to get it for all 5 reps without any pain at all, so I don't see how it's my form, I'll still film it to make sure, though.
>>
>>39779162
>Typically it means you use that weight as a working set, not a 1RM,
Gonna have to disagree, most people when they say "I just hit 1/2/3/4" mean 1RM. Strength standards are usually expressed in 1RM so it makes sense.

>>39779182
No, you misunderstood him. In order to not be a beginner you need to be unable to make significant strength gains on linear progression assuming a decent diet and good rest. How much your lifts will be at that point depends on the individual.

1/2/3/4 =
135lb/60kg OHP
225lbs/100kg Bench
315lbs/140kg Squat
405lbs/180kg Deadlift.
The lbs/kg numbers are not quite equivalent since 45lbs is not 20kg, but it's close enough. Also the ratios are usually off unless you have weird proportions - but it doesn't matter, it's just a milestone.

As I said, it's simply a milestone with a nice round look when written or visualized (you know, with the plates all being big and the same size.)
>>
>>39772766
How do we translate this to swedish?

"Känner du dig i form, kompis?"
"Jag är en tursam grabb"
>>
>>39779259
Oh, strange. I asked that question back when I was a noob and was told it referred to working sets. I guess it's not that far off either way.
>>
File: 1469245054081.jpg (105KB, 847x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1469245054081.jpg
105KB, 847x1024px
Im getting weights for christmas.

Should I get a barbell or dumbells?
>>
>>39779289
Get a gym membership instead, they'll have both of those and everything else you could possibly need.
>>
File: lulxd.jpg (183KB, 1750x657px) Image search: [Google]
lulxd.jpg
183KB, 1750x657px
Hey guys after fucking around with meme routines in the gym for too long I want to do a good routine now

my lifts are still really weak so i was thinking I'd do stronglifts 5x5, but i wondered: doesnt this routine focus too much on legs and too little on upper body?

i dont want to go trex mode pls help
>>
>>39779310
I believe it's usually recommended you add accessories like chinups and dips.
>>
>>39779289
Get an olympic barbell. with proper diameters(google it)

They can be pretty cheap and can stand 300kg+. Used is fine too, but make sure its straight. and should be 50mm in diameter at the ends for the weight plates

Then google and try to find cheap weight plates. You may be able to buy used ones. or find online shops that sell them for cheap.

I found a store in Norway where they sold bumber plates and regulare plates made from recycled plastic that costs 40% less than normal weights in other stores. I couldnt even find used one that was cheaer, and they had free shipping for anything below 35kg and 800k+r($92).

If you can weld then you can make your basic squat rack with only a few steel squared bars. Otherwise you may buy them also used or at a sale.
>>
>>39779289
you need both and a bench. its an investment anon.

here's what you're gonna do

>get the DB for christmas, because you can't fuck up dumbbells (getting wrong size or whatever)

>get a bench and a barbell + weights when you can afford
>build your own rack using 2 saw-horses

done
>>
>>39779249
>having long arms would make my deadlift a little stronger
That's probably a part of it, sure: but unless you got reeeally fucking long arms it's not the whole story. Either your glutes are much stronger than your quads or you have poor form.

If it's poor form: fix it.
If it's quads being weak: do leg extensions and/or front squats to make them catch up.

>>39779247
>Your 1RM estimates for me definitely seem high, though. I have never tried to 1RM, but don't think I could bench 200lbs
They are theoretical 1RM estimates, the difference is that your 1RM will only be the same as your T1RM if you do lots of singles, doubles and triples ie. if you maximize neural strength ie. if you're used to lifting near your limits. T1RM is used for calculation if you don't have actual 1RMs.

>12%bf
>ex grunt
>martial arts fag
Now the number make a bit more sense. An FFMI of 19.5 is closer to being about right for your lifts: But you still probably got great leverages/genetics, or a lithe frame that distorts your FFMI, or your bf% is under 10% and you simply store most of your fat on your gut and other highly visible area distorting your visual bf% estimate. Don't worry too much , just lift and you'll make great progress.

As far as measuring BF% goes:
>Electrostatic devices.
Not very accurate.
>Hydrostatic weighing.
Can be quite accurate if done right.
>DEXA scan.
Controversial, but as long as you're not over 10-15% BF they are usually the most precise.
>Autopsy.
They kill you, chop you, scrape all fat out of you and weigh it. The only one that's 100% accurate if done by skilled doctors. A bit invasive.

All methods tend to get thrown for a loop by visceral fat, so if you have more/less of it than usual or if you're over 10-20% BF it is all a bit iffy.
>>
>>39779310
Do SS with some isolation:

A
3x5 squat
3x5 bench + fourth set of 8 reps
1x5 Deadlift
Chin ups 4xF
3x8-12 lateral raises

B
Squat 3x5
OHP 3x5 + fourth set of 8 reps
Powerclean 5x3
Dips 3x8 or Cable flies 3x8-12 (choose one)
3x8-12 curls
Abs 3x8-12

Youre allowed to add some isolation, like i did here, to SS, and a fourth set if more volume is wanted ( says in the book)
And putting the fourth set on the upperbody lifts helps to make it more aesthetic
>>
>>39779274
Yeah, not a big deal anyways, many people disagree on whether it's for reps or 1RM. 1RM just makes more sense since it's more consistent and most standards are in 1RM.

>>39779289
Working out at home is a double edged sword. It can be quite a time-saver and more convinient, but it is also much easier to put working out off. Unless you can get a power cage, decent bar, bench, weights and some rubber matting I'd recommend a gym membership. And if you spend all that money you might as well get some adjustable dumbbells and maybe an EZ bar for stuff like lateral raises and skull-crushers. If you're really poor and gym are expensive around you, a reasonably heavy set of adjustable dumbbells will be better than nothing.

>>39779310
Nobody is stopping you from doing an arm/shoulder superset after every session or doing some chin-ups or ab work- just don't overdo it. I'm pretty sure the site has a section on doing accessories. As far as legs overpowering upper body goes: it will even out latter on and those guys you see in magazines and that are warping your perception are usually on roids.
>>
>>39779410
So the SS routine is two workouts per week?

also, do you need to start the workout with squats always?

and is it a good idea to add face pulls in there somewhere?

thanks mate
>>
>>39779465
Its three times a week

you alternate weeks like this:
AxBxAxx
BxAxBxx

Its best to start the workout with the big lifts. If you dont want to learn the power clean then change it with Heavy one armed DB rows 3x8(with some bodylanguage, but not too much)

Why do you want to do facepulls?

And try to learn the technique. There are tons of videoes on starting strength youtube site, and you can pirate the book with instructional videos from piratebay.
>>
>>39779465
No, it's three days but two workouts that alternate.
>AxBxAxx
>BxAxBxx etc.

Are you trolling? Both those workouts begin with squats.

Don't go overboard.
>>
File: 1480532370619.png (21KB, 659x753px) Image search: [Google]
1480532370619.png
21KB, 659x753px
I think my lifts are stalling.

This means I should eat more, right?
>>
>>39779465
>Are you trolling? Both those workouts begin with squats.
Disregard this I misread your post. On SS you do them first.

On GSLP you do your upper compounds then your squat/deadlits. I prefer that arrangement: Bench is not nearly as likely to wreck your squat as vice versa.
>>
>>39779525
>My car has stopped going.

>That means I need to put in gas, right?

Stats. Brief recap of how your lifting has gone so far.
>>
>>39779499
>Why do you want to do facepulls?
I have my shoulders rolled forward slightly and read that face pulls help to avoid this

>And try to learn the technique.
I prefer doing a more olympic-form type squat instead of Rippetoe's low bar squat technique, it helps me avoid lower back pressure. I guess this is not a problem apart from having to lower the weight a bit?
>>
File: PURPLESIP.jpg (264KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
PURPLESIP.jpg
264KB, 1500x1500px
WHEN DOES DROP

REEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>39779561
One of these days someone'll break into the monster plants and poison every batch just to shut up the sipfags.
>>
>>39779553
>I have my shoulders rolled forward slightly and read that face pulls help to avoid this
The best way to fix psoture is to learn how it feels to be in correct posture then maintain that throughout the day. For about a month till its natural and you dont have to think about anymore. Exercises doesnt do much. You also need to be aware of your shoulders during lifts.
I went to physio school, and exercises usually suck for posture. Because using 1 hour a day to fix it doesnt matter when you use the other 23 to fuck it up. Pluss you get enough upepr back work from deadlifts, OHP, chins and power clean

> it helps me avoid lower back pressure
Its probably a technique issue. Be sure to check if you have a problem with pelvis controll (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXfOdvd-sJ0) and learn how to properly do abdominal bracing(tons of videoes on it on youtube)
Also make sure youre not going to deep for your flexibility. Stop before your lower back starts rounding.

Otherwise the squat wont have the same carryover to the deadlift. As the low-bar is closer to a deadlift (position wise) than high-bar
>>
I'm currently on a 500 calorie surplus for my winter bulk but due to a back injury I will be out of action for at least a few weeks. Do I continue like this or cut down on calories? If so how much?
>>
File: 1.8.png (231KB, 400x460px) Image search: [Google]
1.8.png
231KB, 400x460px
>>39779590
>poisoning poison
>>
>>39779636
Dont bulk. Just keep doing lifts that doesnt affect the lower back and eat at maintance.
DONT eat a caloric surplus if youre not going to lift at all. Just keep your protein consumption high.
>>
>>39772941
eat your damn dinner, just have lots of veg so you dont want as much dessert, and go easy on your sauces/gravy
>>
Today for chest/tri day an la fitness PT offered me a free session so i took it. Now I cant flex my arm without pain. Is this tensonitis?
>>
>>39779930
Is this it for me?
>>
>>39779388
I think my quads are my weak point, realised that when I do a high bar squat with my heels raised (using small plates) I can squat less than when I have my feet flat
>>
>>39779954
It's normal to front squat 10-20% less than you back squat. Even less if you are used to back-squats but not front-squats.
>>
File: IMG_6935.jpg (62KB, 605x487px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6935.jpg
62KB, 605x487px
Is my routine good?
Mon - 5x3 Bench 5x3 curls
Wed - 5x3 Overhead
Fri - 5x3 Barbell Rows 5x3 curls
I want to reach Yamcha mode
Been doing this for a month now
>>
>>39780037
No. Do a routine from the sticky.
>>
>>39772766
Skinny wristcel here. How do I get bigger wrists?
>>
>>39780085
You don't. Genetics.
>>
File: 1341767312423.jpg (28KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
1341767312423.jpg
28KB, 500x667px
Is doing weighted dips every workout gonna send me to snap city?
>>
>>39780147
OK. But is there any way I can strengthen them?
>>
>>39780206
You can strengthen the joint, the ligaments and tendons by weight training. You can strengthen your forearms and hence your grip by weight-training.
>>
File: spin_prod_890634212.jpg (22KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
spin_prod_890634212.jpg
22KB, 499x499px
would pic related be decent for a home gym or am I going to be missing ROM or supporting muscles or some shit?
>>
>>39780337
No.
>>
Is there a reason why I shouldn't pizza while bulking?

Anything I should read up on while doing first bulk?
>>
>>39780701
Depends on the pizza. But generally, no it can be a good source of protons. Just don't pig out.
>>
>>39780723
Protein shakes can make up for protein.
If I eat half a large pizza is that too much?
Currently skeleton mode.
>>
>>39780752
>Protein shakes can make up for protein.
I said that it can be a good source of protons, not that it can't.

>If I eat half a large pizza is that too much?
How should anyone on here know? Depends on your TDEE, what kind of pizza it is, how large a "large" is and what else you eat over the course of the day. That's like asking "where did I leave my keys?"
>>
>>39780830
Well I'm wondering in general if its bad. I track my calories so I know not to eat a shitton.
>>
Are deadlifts the best exercise for glutes?
>>
>>39780881
What do you mean by "best"?
Most stimulation, easiest to do/set-up, most isolating, most practical in relation to overall training?

It's not a glute isolation exercise, obviously. So it will introduce more fatigue for the sam glute stimulation than an isolation exercise. But when you consider overall training and practicality - yeah it is.
>>
>>39780881
High bar squat
>>
>>39780839
Dude it's fine if you're trying to gain weight don't be concerned with calories
>>
>>39781022
>don't be concerned with calories
There's a difference between bulking and being a fat fuck.
>>
When do you guys generally do your ORMs?
Have a specific week to do them all or just whenever you feel like maxing out that lift?
>>
What exactly is a brosplit, and what is the opposite of that?
>>
>>39781123
Hitting all body parts once a week.
Full body workout.
>>
File: 14587164580765.jpg (34KB, 1024x563px) Image search: [Google]
14587164580765.jpg
34KB, 1024x563px
So I want to go big on the cardio. 30 minutes a day to start, minimum three days out of a week. Could I split that 30 minutes up into 15 minutes in the morning and 30 minutes in the evening? If I were to lift weights twice a week what should I focus on if my goal is just to burn fat and slightly tone. Assume I eat good.
>>
It's raining, I'm still sore from my last workout, I have to work in the morning, and it's close to closing time.

I don't really want to skip it, but would it be okay to skip the gym tonight? I don't think I'd be able to get the most out of it with how stiff I've been
>>
File: 1473199072715.png (54KB, 1837x174px) Image search: [Google]
1473199072715.png
54KB, 1837x174px
>>39774599
I know plenty of these women. They're all taken. And when, on occasion, they are out of the relationship, they have neither the need nor inclination to whore it up on Tinder. You won't find them on OKCupid or elsewhere, either. Gotta expand your social circle, it's the only way.
>>
>>39780723
As long as he balances the pizza with high electron foods, it really doesn't matter.
>>
>>39781419
>high electron foods
wut?
>>
>>39781457
>>39781419
oh, right - protons. please don't confuse the dyels.
>>
How the heck do I get my biceps even? My fucking left bi is noticeable bigger than the right.

>inb4 masturbate with the right instead.
>>
File: killme.jpg (72KB, 709x765px) Image search: [Google]
killme.jpg
72KB, 709x765px
>>39781164

c'mon lads
>>
>>39781517
Use less weight when curling with your left arm.

If anyone asks why you're doing curls with one 20lb dumbbell and one 30lb dumbbell just tell them you jerk off too much
>>
>>39781637
Do I go for more weight or more reps?
>>
>>39781645
Up to you I guess, I'd imagine it has the same effect.

Wait is your left arm stronger? As in doing curls is easier with left compared to right with the same weight? Or is it just literally bigger
>>
>>39781662
It's actually bigger, like in size. But regarding strength I find they are fairly equal.
>>
>>39781668
Oh, fuck my advice then. Thought you meant it was physically stronger.

Idk how to fix your arm mate
>>
>>39781690
I mean, it is physically stronger but not that much. It is way bigger though.
>>
How is sugar actually used by the body? Say my TDEE is 2500. If I eat 2500 clean calories and 500 of pure sugar, is it closer to having eaten only 2500 or 3000 clean? Will it lead to creation of fat over muscle? (The amount of sugar isn't my main interest, but more the concept behind the answer at any amount of sugar intake)
>>
>>39781848
You've eaten 3000kcal. 2500+500 = 3000. Did you finish 1st grade?

>Will it lead to creation of fat over muscle?
Sugar can't be used for MPS, so yeah it goes into fat (or glycogen storage) if you don't burn it of.
>>
>>39772994
you could lay on a table and do pullovers
>>
My workout today looked like this:
Bench
Row
Pull-ups
DB flys

And these I do every workout:
Curls
Tri pulldowns
Farmer walks
Planks

Could you hypothetically swap one of these exercises with dips? (I discovered that I can do them pretty decently and actually enjoyed doing them a lot). What exercise would it be?
>>
File: 1327074429163.jpg (315KB, 1076x1076px) Image search: [Google]
1327074429163.jpg
315KB, 1076x1076px
Went to the gym today, failed last set of OHP for the second time this week, failed my 1x5 deadlift and felt a pain in my pectoral.

I think I fucked up my form for DL, should I deload both or just my diddly?
>>
>>39777700
stop thinking and start doing
>>
Was rookie rocky natty?
>>
>>39772941
Occasional feasts are fine.
Its eating like its a special day everyday thats the problem,
that being said Im eating a bit less and moving a bit more leading up to Christmas dinner and I plan to go totally nuts on the buffet
gotta go now still have
a long walk
a 10 k jog
a shitload of bw exercises to do and a fire to lite
>>
>>39773140
Its good for sore muscles its also a nice way to get moving in the moring so id say on its own
>>
>>39772766

Used to play football/wrestling in high school, was a (fat) monster, 6/4 280lbs 22% body fat. Today I was talking to my cousin who has recently started a workout routine because she hates being a round piece of shit. I don't have much in common with her, so i used this a common ground to hold a conversation. I asked her about her lifts and she was bragging about her lifts. Like a jackass I told her where all my lifts where at during football, and she simply refused to believe me until we went to her gym and I showed her.

Problem is, i nearly fucking died doing weight i used to rep all day every day one time. its time to get big again just to prove a point, but no gyms in my town, whats a good home gym set up? I'm a welder by trade, so i'll be making it all myself, but looking for help figuring out just what the fuck I need to build.
>>
>>39774599
>>39781256
How does one expand one's social circle?
>>
What is the best replacement(s) for deadlifts that are nearly unfuckupable? I don't want to join snapcity and I feel that I can never get that straight back no matter what I do (lumbar always rounds)
>>
First time posting in these threads.

I've been going to the gym about 6 days a week for a little over 2 months and no matter how I bench, I don't feel "the burn". I've tried machines, dumbells, cables, and the barbell. I have studied the form obsessively (where to hold the barbell, how to retract your shoulder blades, leg drive, etc.), but despite my best efforts I get no burn. The only time I feel anything in my chest is around 24 hours after the workout, my chest is sore to the touch and pretty tight, the burn that would be typically felt in the chest for me is only felt in my shoulders and tris. Because of how little time I've been working out I can hardly tell if I've gotten a better chest despite feeling nothing during my benching. Thoughts? I've pretty much planned on either getting a personal trainer to make sure my form isn't off or simply wait and see if I produce any results despite not feeling any burn in my chest during the lift.
>>
>>39782732
I don't either but I never thought you're supposed to. The burning sensation when you're working out comes from doing lots of reps, and lactic acid builds up in your muscles. Try doing accessories 12-15 reps per set and you'll feel it. I've never seen any program that advises doing bench press in such high volume.
>>
>>39782496
The stuff you probably can't build: decent bar, weights (unless you have manhole covers and a plasma cutter lying around.)
Bench is fairly easy, especially if you're going for the fixed kind. Although adjustable ones aren't so bad either - my grandpa was a welder (well, machine-smith, I assume that's similar) and made me one in a couple of hours.
A decent rack or if you're feeling a bit lazy a half-rack.
Some rubber matting for deadlifts and stuff like that.
Buy a set of adjustable dumbells for stuff like laterals and shit and you're all set.
Maybe a pull-up bar if you don't build one into your rack.

>>39782611
Maybe see a coach that knows his shit (not the average idiots walking the gyms.) It's not just about deadlifts - it's about proper movement patterns and core bracing, if you can't deadlift properly you probably can't lift things like couches or refrigerators safely. It might come back to bite you.
>>
>>39782732
"The burn" is due to lactic acid build-up, you won't get it unless you do high reps. If your numbers are going up, you're all set.
>>
File: 1481568838641.jpg (127KB, 1080x1350px) Image search: [Google]
1481568838641.jpg
127KB, 1080x1350px
So, after 3 months of lifting it's official, I can't squat unless I get my Baker's Cyst removed. I can do everything else. Every variation of the squats that requires to go deep will hurt my knee.

I need a way to fully develop my glutes and legs. I want to keep it short so the best would be 2 exercises, but I will do 3 if I can't find an acceptable solution.

My thoughts:

- (walking or rear) Lunges + Romanian DLs
- Hack Squats + Romanian DLs
- TrapBar DLs + Romanian DLs

Are any of these good enough? If you have other suggestions please, help.

Also: I was doing Phrak's GSLP that have 3x5 Squats - what rep ranges should I use for these replacement exercises?
>>
>>39782851
Maybe leg extensions, RDLs or ham curls and deads or trap deads.
>>
>>39782870
I already do conventional deadlifts on days B. So I just need one or two exercises that works my lower body on days A. Trapbar deads + RDLs feels good enough?
>>
>>39782020
Please?
>>
>>39782895
Nah, you're leaving out your quads which will suffer the most from lack of squats. In that case do leg extenstions and rdls on day A.
>>
>>39782902
Your workout is bad. Do a normal programme, some of them have dips some allow them as a substitution.
>>
File: kjell-nilsson.jpg (63KB, 1000x666px) Image search: [Google]
kjell-nilsson.jpg
63KB, 1000x666px
Will the gym be full or empty on Christmas Eve, Christmas and/or Boxing day?
>>
File: 1460063425184.png (582KB, 666x507px) Image search: [Google]
1460063425184.png
582KB, 666x507px
Hey /fit/, I'm a fat fuck 6'0" around 20st. Was 19st when I started counting my calories and shit, but I just put that down to the fact I drink a shit ton more water now. Been at it for a fortnight now, keeping it around 1500~ calories a day, walking my dog for a mile and jog/walking on the weekend. Trying to do push ups, but I barely can do one and knee-pushups seem weak. Is there anything I can do at home more? Poor af and no room for a home gym.

I live with my folks still and got no money of my own till the new year for proper food, so I've just been eating weetabix and egg whites and half a piece of toast most of my meals. Taking Vitamin D3 ( I live in an area of Scotland that gets the same level of sun as Finland ) and Fish Oil, also drinking protein whey with my water. Have Creatine and been drinking 650ml of water and 5g of it every morning, but is there any point at all if I'm not doing strength exercises?

The village I live in has no gym, the nearest one is one bus ride away and is £22 a month. While the one in the city I commute to for Uni has a gym that's £16-18 a month and I know people that go to that one already. But I'm only travelling there 3 times a week and it's constitutive, so how important are rest days in-between gym days? I don't want to have to spend a £20 on travel just to get to the gym on a free day, but is it normal for people to commute for their gym?

Kinda just wanted to rant, sorry. Read the sticky back to front and looked into proper weight lifting forms once I find a gym and reading starting strength.
>>
Its been two weeks my right wrist cant hold heavy things, starting to worry about it. Should I stop exercices until recovery or can I continue to heavy squat, deadlift and left hand dumbell row?
>>
File: 1468099242796.webm (716KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1468099242796.webm
716KB, 640x360px
>>39783889
Are you sure you're eating enough? I'm 6'2'' 13st and I need to eat over 3000 to maintain.

Rest days are important when starting out and when lifting heavy. Personally, once I'm comfortable with a new working weight I rest once a week.

If you have the motivation/time to do longer home exercises look in to isometric body exercises (dynamic tension), that helped me when I was starting out with no 24hr gym nearby.
Resistance bands are also cheap, easy to ship, and don't take up much space.
>>
File: 1377362870895.jpg (173KB, 952x629px) Image search: [Google]
1377362870895.jpg
173KB, 952x629px
>>39784152
I don't want to say I should eat more my TDEE is 3k Calories but I still feel energetic and fine throughout the day to do house-work and going out. 1500+ is probably more in the region of 1800-2000 calories. Because I can read the calories and shit but I can't judge how much milk is with my weetabix or something. So I think I'm fine, I know there's a worry If I fast too hard I can lose the little muscle I already have.

I'd probably end up with going to the gym in the town over then, I commute through it to get back to my village anyhow, I'll just have to get over my autistic social anxiety with not knowing anyone going there.

I'll 100% look into isometric body exercises and resistance bands, didn't even think of that. Thanks for that and have a good Christmas lad.
>>
Due to christmas, I can't lift until next tuesday.
I did a B workout on thursday, do I do an A one when I return to lifting?
>>
>>39777304
in with the nose out with the mouth dont need to overcomplexicate it bruh
>>
How many people in here stretch? Is it a waste of time?
>>
How much weight a month are you supposed to lose on a cut where you try to maintain strength?
I'm thinking of bulking to 80kg (77 now) at the end of February and then maybe cut to 70kg. I'm 5'7 and at like 20% bodyfat now. How long should that take?
>>
>>39784693
This is all very approximate and assuming a lot of things, no way of knowing until you do it, but just to give you an rough idea:

Now you're 77kg at 20%bf, let's assume you bulk at 300kcal, to gain 3kg you will need 80 days.
If you're an early-intermediate - you'll end up gaining about 2kg of muscle and 1kg of fat.
So you'll be about 16.5kg fat and 63.5kg lean mass.
Let's assume you lose about 1% LM on your cut, your end lean weight will be 63kg.
So you need to be 7kg of fat to be 70kg and 10%BF. You got 9.5kg to lose.
A you could cut at about 100kcal for the first third, then 750, then 500. Your average deficit would be 750kcal.
The cut would last about a hundred days.
180 days in total, so 6 months total.
>>
>>39785038
>at about 100kcal
>>
I'm 71kg currently

I want to bulk for the next three months

How much do I aim to put on each week?
>>
>>39785059
Do you think just giving your weight is enough information?
>>
>>39785074
What else do you need?

I'm 6'2'' and am looking to do Greyskull's LP
>>
>>39772766
What's this "feelin fit buddy?" maymay? I've seen it twice today. I haven't been here for a couple of weeks. Pls respond I have autismo
>>
>>39785088
I guess you're just lucky
>>
>>39785080
BF%; are you just starting to lift? if not how long have you been lifting for?
>>
>>39785088
Fuck, you must be unlucky.
>>
>>39785329
I've been doing bodyweight training for the past half a year or so, just starting to lift soon, I think I'm around 15%
>>
File: tsak.png (65KB, 210x316px) Image search: [Google]
tsak.png
65KB, 210x316px
>>39772766
I'm a manlet with a disproportionately large flaccid cock and whenever I do deadlift my cock always gets pulled up by the bar, is the only solution compression pants/shorts?

pic unrelated
>>
Brehs. If I just eat at maintenance everyday, will I still make any gains? Any size or strength to be had?

I was thinking that in theory, if I eat the exact same amount everyday, I'd be slowly building muscle and then once the calories aren't enough anymore, I'd end up burning fat and keeping the muscle? Or am I just full autismo
>>
>>39785370
Your BMI is under 21 and your bf% is already pretty low, you can gain a good and relativley clean 15kg in your first year. That's about a 300kcal surplus and 1.2kg per month.

>>39785422
Happens to guys with short arms.
>Not wanting to let the whole gym admire your package when you deadlift.
What are you? Gay?

>>39785430
Read the sticky mate. But since you probably won't: Depends on your bf%, how much protein you eat, how long you've been lifting etc. In general dyels can recomp quite easily (and should if they are already flabby,) then once lifts start stalling go for a small surplus.
>>
A
>squat 3x5
>bench 3x5
>power clean 5x3
>db rows 3x8

B
>deadlift 1x5
>squat 5x5 @ 85% of previous session
>press 3x5
>chinups 3xF

thoughts on this as a program?
I wanted to focus on the fundamental elements of SS, but if I try and deadlift after I squat, I just don't have 100% to put into it. I'm still squatting 3x per week, and when I'm doing less raw intensity, I'm at least doing more volume
the press and bench are there, the pcleans are there, everything is there, just restructured to accommodate my deadlift intensity a little bit
>>
File: OUcEY.png (47KB, 547x465px) Image search: [Google]
OUcEY.png
47KB, 547x465px
>>39785623
If your lower compounds tire you so much you might be better off doing them at the end of your session like on GSLP. Maybe that programme is more for you. Pic related.
>>
>>39781164

anyone?
>>
I'm on the verge of stop counting macros and going off the grid by ensuring I get in my protein and eat carbs/fats with a amount in mind. Is this ideal?
>>
>>39785761
>Stop counting macros.
>Just try to estimate them.
>Is this ideal?
No. If you're putting in the mental effort to estimate them within reason you might as well count them.
>>
File: ss4idiot.jpg (192KB, 1351x505px) Image search: [Google]
ss4idiot.jpg
192KB, 1351x505px
>>39785657
the problem isn't that the lower compounds tire me out too much to do anything else, it's that full intensity squats interfere with my DL.
I still want to DL at max intensity, and I still like the 3x/week frequency of squatting, but doing full intensity DL AND squat on the same day means one is going to perform less than another

the premise of what I'm doing here is supposed to be similar to the advanced novice portion of this progression, just altered to favor the DL on the days that I do it.
>>
>>39785618
Thanks dude I'll continue to bulk and keep checking in here regularly I guess.

How many calories on average would a beginner program burn per session do you know?
>>
>>39785788
Truth hurts but thanks senpai. My grill thinks I am being obsessive along with my friends and family. Granted none loft but am I?
>>
New
>>39786004
>>39786004
New
>>
>>39785971
>goes on /fit/
>asks if counting calories is too obsessive.
Fuck your bitch: count calories, count mciros, do sheiko, inject blended monkey testicles into yourself, watch the misfits for movie night.
>>
I am 5'8" and 144lbs. I started at 134lbs two months ago, but have since focused on eating 3400 calories a day and am putting on weight. I still look lean and am progressing nicely on my lifts, but O want to have a specific, measurable goal to work towards. I know I have a ways to go, but at what point do I begin to cut? Is it a specific weight for my height?
>>
Needing something like blenderbottle for my Whey+milk, any good brands/products specifically?
Thread posts: 316
Thread images: 41

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.