[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the actual barbell equalent of shoulder pressing 30kg

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: Kaioken.jpg (88KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
Kaioken.jpg
88KB, 720x540px
What is the actual barbell equalent of shoulder pressing 30kg with dumbbells?

Ofcourse you will have stabilizer advantage on barbell but how much could someone OHP if he does it with 30kg in each hand?

>Inb4 why dont you try for yourself instead of asking a hawaiian palmtree forum
>>
the same as dumbells without counting the bar
>>
>>39765569
No way. I can shoulder press 30kg dumbells but struggle to do 55kg including the bar.
>>
>>39765586
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnBmiBqp-AI
>>
>>39765531
The barbell press have a big emphasis on triceps. The DB press doesnt.

The BB press have a lot of technique
The DB press doesnt.

They are different exercises. And the DB press is more like an assistance exercise for the BB press than anything else(its also usefull to get big shoulders).
>>
File: cnvn.jpg (12KB, 313x313px) Image search: [Google]
cnvn.jpg
12KB, 313x313px
>>39765620
please get the barbel out of your ass dumbbells are better than barbells(for upper body) not the other way around
>>
>>39765632
If DB is better for upper body then why does it train triceps and abs less than what the BB version does?

Both of them are valid exercises, and you should do both periodically. But it seems like youre the one who need stop praising DBs.
>>
>>39765586
same here i can put up 60-65lb dumbbells for 8 reps but can barely get a couple at 1pl8 overhead press
>>
>>39765660
>what is upper chest
>what is front delt

also first you wrote its an asistance ecercise now you write you should do them booth periodacly how am i gonna argue with someone thats constantly contradicting himself?

also its well known barbells ARE superior for upper body because of the stabilization required even Rippetoe admits this the problem is that you have to take 5 and 10 pound weight increases and barbell you can microload
>>
>>39765686
>what is upper chest
>what is front delt

I would argue the BB trains more of the chest than DB. The DB is better and the front delt.

>asistance ecercise now you write you should do them booth periodacly
My fault for not explaining and wording it properly. The DB ress is a good assistance exercise for shoulder strength and for getting more volume for the delts. It helps to increase the BB press. And the BB press should be periodically changed with BB push press.

>also its well known barbells ARE superior for upper body because of the stabilization
You probably ment dumbell. Rip doesnt say DBs are superior for the upper body. you can find gyms with 1KG DB jumps. But the DB use less muscle, and the "stabilization" doesnt do squat all for size, and barely anything for strength.
I went to physiotherapy school and thought "stabilizers" matter. It doesnt. They get worked even if done in machines with fixed paths.

And there are no "stabilizer" muscles. All muscles work together to hold the joint and to move weight. Therefore all muscles acts like "stabilizers"

Which is why people cant press completely without any issue even with a completely torn suraspinatus.
>>
>>39765762
>Which is why people can press completely without
Fix`d
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.