[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible that I have just awful proportions for classic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

File: 1467809895928.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1467809895928.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
Is it possible that I have just awful proportions for classic deadlift?

I have a steady progression since I started doing sumo, but back when I was still doing classic I was stuck on the same weight for about half a year, no matter how I changed my programming, deloaded multiple times or tried to supplement with assistance lifts. Not really stuck per se, by any time I was nearing my max (120 kg back then), my back would get rounded as fuck, no matter how hard I tried to keep it straight, while I have 0 problem with that smashing 175 sumo beltless.

I know it's not top of the shelf weight still, but I'm getting better and better, while it was impossible with classic.

I have relatively long legs so there is that too. I'm squatting low bar, so my hammies and glutes are ok.
>>
>>39759910

Owen Hubbard has the best setups.
>>
>>39759910
Your core and bracing is weak.
>>
File: 1467809647880.webm (3MB, 844x500px) Image search: [Google]
1467809647880.webm
3MB, 844x500px
>>39759925
I agree senpai
>>
>>39759910
Didnt read lol

Amazing setup in webm tho
>>
>>39759940
Fuck off with that 5cm ROM
>>
>>39759938
Wouldn't that influence my sumo as well? I'm not doing any ab work, that's true, but as I said, I have no problem keeping my back straight on sumo, while I couldn't keep it straight with a belt on classic.
>>
>>39759910
Holy shit this guy is literally bro science
>>
>>39759995
Long legs + conventional deadlift means a more horizontal torso, which requires more core strength. I'm built the same way, had trouble progressing until I switched to sumo.
Paused conventional deads where you really focus on ab contraction will work. You will feel your abs burn during the pause if you do it right.
>>
File: 1462335010805.gif (3MB, 359x202px) Image search: [Google]
1462335010805.gif
3MB, 359x202px
>>39759940
that rom
>>
File: truth about powerlifters.png (3MB, 1932x1160px) Image search: [Google]
truth about powerlifters.png
3MB, 1932x1160px
Sumo is the gayest thing that ever happened to powerlifting.

>tfw 50% or more of "deadlift" videos posted on reddit and other sites are fucking sumo.

Sumofags get so defensive too when you point out how shit and gay the lift is. But they never have a real come back.

To be fair, its a good accessory lift, but it isn't a real deadlift and the trend of passing off sumo as one's deadlift stat needs to stop.
>>
>>39760128
The deadlift itself is a shit move in a competitive perspective too. Who decides the bar should be elevated this amount of cetemeters off the floor it's not fair for some guys it's a partial rep
>>
>>39760203
The snatch itself is a shit move in a competitive perspective too. Who decides the bar should be elevated this amount of cetemeters off the floor it's not fair for some guys it's a partial rep
>>
>>39760128
>that ridiculous arch on bench press

toppest of keks
>>
>>39760128
lifting shirtless is the faggiest of all
>>
>>39760128
sumo is the rookie mistake that some people don't correct
>>
>>39759940
powerlifting bench is so fukin gay
>>
File: demboots.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
demboots.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
what helped my deadlift was assistance exercises...

using the diamond bar, deficit deadlifts (standing on a thick 1 1/2" plate), rack pulls and holding the weight for grip acclimation...

I have a feeling leg presses help deadlifts-- cause they sure don't help squats.

I also don't deadlift frequently -- my job mimics the movement as is....

>just trying to help,,, I have short legs and long arms....
>>
>>39759910
>Is it possible that I have just awful proportions for classic deadlift?
Simply: yes.

I feel the same way. The larger your ratio between leg length and arm length (ie: if you have long legs, but short arms), the more comfortable sumo will be. It just makes sense anatomically.
>>
File: deadlift 565x1.webm (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
deadlift 565x1.webm
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>39759910
>Is it possible that I have just awful proportions for classic deadlift?
yes.
see: me

the only people that really get their panties in a bundle over it are usually never people whose opinions you should be worrying about anyways.
> I'm squatting low bar
nice, welcome to the comfy squat crew
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.