[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the fuck does one become more confident? Seems like everyone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: wallhaven-2173.jpg (205KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
wallhaven-2173.jpg
205KB, 1920x1080px
How the fuck does one become more confident?

Seems like everyone likes confidence yet no one can actually explain what you should do to be more confident? I mean what are some practical ways of improving myself, I am not interested in esoteric blabber
>>
the realization that nobody cares about you because everybody is to busy with themselves and whats happening in theyr life is what will set yo free
the only time people care about you, is when they want something out of you
>>
You must be good at something that society values to have confidence.

Fit bodies are valued, therefore stop perma-bulking, and cut down to <10% body-fat.

That's an easy 10+ confidence points right there, and you need to do it just not eat like a wannabe powerlifter.
>>
>>39757401
>You must be good at something that society values to have confidence.
No, you don't. Being good at something implies that external validation is what gives confidence, but that's not necessarily the case. Some people are pretty much naturally confident, even if they're NEETs with no marketable skills.
>>
>>39757426
>NEET
>confident

who are you trying to fool here?
>>
File: KawikaSingson1.jpg (78KB, 721x480px) Image search: [Google]
KawikaSingson1.jpg
78KB, 721x480px
>>39757363
You have to prove yourself to yourself.

A coming of age trial like ancient societies is the best way to make a man. You need to be put through misery you don't think you can take until you break and come through on the otherside.

I got mine from working on an undermanned tallship with a demanding schedule. I knew nothing about sailing and was seasick the entire time (about 9 months at sea over 1.5 years) Lost all my gains and in comparison literally everything is fucking easy and I derive alot of confidence in that.

Oh and wrestling was an immense help too.

Alot of people even say I have too much confidence and they might be right and this is fedora as fuck to say but my subconscious reaction is to find the idea laughable especially since it's usually girls who've worked retail their entire lives and get taxi's to avoid walking a mile.

When you've been lucky to live a life that gives you a good measure of how much your mind and body can take. Confidence in social situations is just a given.

Climb more mountains, squat heavier and wrestle OP. Find something that'll overwhelm you and has a decent chance of killing you at least for a short period of your life. This is hard to do in this day and age but you might know of something.
>>
>>39757363
just remember, we're all going to die one day, so do shit that you wouldnt normally do and step out of ur comfort zone, start doing this regularly and you'll begin to feel like you can do anything. the key is to just be persistent
>>
>>39757430
a chad doesent give a shit about what society thinks makes him valuable, hes just gonna live his life and do whatever he sees fit, a chad might very well be a successful entrepreneur but hes just as likely to be a NEET because being a chad is about emoting life and confidence and well being at every tun not about doing whatever society tells you need to do to be respected and happy
>>
>>39757363
Just b yourself ;)
>>
>>39757363
Being confident is to do things knowing that you can handle the consequences, either good or bad.
>>
I'm dead inside, it's easy to be confident when you don't give a fuck.

Kill your ego, op.
>>
>>39757502
>"Hey Chad when are you going to get off you your ass and do something with your life. You are wasting your whole life on these stupid video games.
>You know.. When I was your age..."

>stfu dad I do what I want. Now keep paying the internet and my phone bill so I dont go psychotic and start breaking things.

>> CHAD
>>
>>39757363

Valuing your own opinion of yourself over other people's opinion of yourself. Not to be confused with not valuing other's opinions at all.
>>
>>39757559
Yeah I find a lot of my confidence comes from this. When nothing matters you actually can't fuck up.
>>
>>39757650
Right.

I wish I was dead tho
>>
Just be yourself
>>
>>39757363
Confident doesn't = drowning in pussy. I mean it helps but it's about being comfortable in any situation.
>>
File: IMG_6341.gif (1024KB, 306x218px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6341.gif
1024KB, 306x218px
>>39757363
I try to picture all the cool/good things I've done. Some days I'm confident af, others I'm a depressed sack of shit that's too afraid to text my own friends because I feel like I'm being clingy.

In the end though, you just gotta sack up and do whatever it is you're worried about.

>inb4 easier said than done
I know
>>
>>39757363
Pretty simple desu. Do what makes you happy. We're on this autistic world for one lifetime, might aswell enjoy it
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.