[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How many of you completely removed alcohol from you diet? I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

How many of you completely removed alcohol from you diet?

I did two weeks ago ( weekend drinker) and the gains within two weeks are insane.

I intend of going the rest of this year and all next year with 0 alcohol.

Has anyone ever shifted from regular drinker to absolutely no alcohol and seen a dramatic change in fitness level?

I regularly went to the gym and generally ate healthy while drinking ( except on weekends I ate like shit) so i am expecting to see a huge alteration in my physique.
>>
I don't even drink and this is stupid. It's your overall diet that matters.

I'm nearly 30, never drank at all in my life (no reason, just autistic and never saw the point of alcohol, so never got into it).

My body-fat and performance in the gym goes to shit if my diet and sleep goes to shit, that's it.

I'm sure you can fit in alcohol into your diet and still keep optimal performance, professional athletes do it all the time, stop being so autistic about it and have your drink if you want.
>>
>>39757346
I only smoke pot, I find as long as I focus on not eating and sticking to my diet it actually helps as a muscle relaxer, and when I don't feel like eating calories I need too it can help me force them down.
>>
>>39757361
You used the word *autistic* twice. Are you actually autistic?
>>
>>39757373
My use of the word autistic rises 1000% online.
>>
>>39757361
>Keep at optimal performance

Not so much.
"Research from Penn State shows that alcohol decreases protein synthesis by 15% to 20% after 24 hours"
Of course there is no need to oversell it, but alcohol does adversely detriment weightlifting and overall fitness in general.
>>
>>39757384
Kind of like my usage of the word *faggot* does also.

I am generally curious though, about the gains made from not consuming any alcohol as opposed to previously drinking on weekends.

That's the intent of the post.
>>
>>39757396
15-20% is huge.

Does it say how long after consuming alcohol it does this?
>>
>>39757402
You stopped drinking 2 weeks ago. The "gains" you're talking about are in your head, not reality.
>>
>>39757412
I don't think so. I've shifted to a 200 gram protein diet daily, under 290 carbs, 97 grams of fat300 grams of cholesterol and work out daily while doing cardio 3 times a week.

I have a high metabolism and it isn't as if I hadn't alway worked out.

The diet change and absolute reduction of alcohol is clearing already showing.
>>
>>39757428
Shut the fuck up.
>>
>>39757435
AWWWWW YOU SAD??? ;(

Nu-male is sad.
>>
>>39757346
I quit drinking at the same time as I started lifting, so I can't compare before and after. But it's fairly well established that alcohol is a gains goblin, on top of all the other negative effects of it. Good decision, bro. I wish you success.
>>
>>39757473
Thank you good sir.

I don't even miss it. It seems alcohol ( this maybe obvious to some) even effected my sleep while not drinking after the weekend a few days into the week.
>>
>>39757497
>Thank you good sir.
NYR fag come early?
>>
Is this true? I usually drink a beer per night with dinner but I need to really improve my fitness over the next several months.
>>
>>39757497
>It seems alcohol ( this maybe obvious to some) even effected my sleep while not drinking after the weekend a few days into the week.
Same here, when I drank I would usually sleep poorly and have difficulty falling asleep, it would take some days to reset my rhythm.
>>
>>39757508
Yup, why wait?
>>
>>39757624
Yeah, and it's generally not worth it. My GF doesn't drink at all so it was a pretty easy transition.

I just cut the people I generally drank with out of my life. They were boring as shit without alcohol anyway.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.