[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reminder that if you don't do a general strength program

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: tumblr_mq5crtTxRN1swpm9ko1_500.jpg (44KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mq5crtTxRN1swpm9ko1_500.jpg
44KB, 500x333px
Reminder that if you don't do a general strength program consisting of powerlifting and olympic lifting, you're never going to make it.
>>
i want to do oly lifting so bad but out country doesn't even compete in it so there are no gyms and oly coaches. feels bad man.

i don't think it's wise to try and learn such technical lifts on your own
>>
>>39749713
They aren't that hard to learn. Start with a long stick, then a bar, add some weights. You're not going to injure yourself with 40kg snatches or 60kg cleans practicing technique. Just do a couple of sets before all of your normal workouts.

Record yourself and see how it looks like. It will take some time, but it's not rocket science.
>>
>>39749689
There is literally no correlation between Olympic lifts and "making it". They are extremely technical power based movements that do not lend themselves to seeing large gains in hypertrophy or even that much strength. I'm all for doing them and think they are fun but definitely not a requirement for "making it". The most dyel pathetic looking guys at my uni gym only do oly lifts and unsurprisingly look like shit or are 5'4 Asian children
>>
>>39749761
Making it isn't just how you look, you degenerate homosexual.
>>
>>39749749
i've asked around for honest answers and most people said it's just not worth it trying to learn without a coach. it will take too much time and even more time to fix form if you engrain shit one from the start so i never bothered.
>>
>>39749791
Don't let some faggots opinions on the Internet hold you back. You're going to the gym anyway aren't you? Spend 10 - 15 minutes practicing the lifts before your main workouts and use that as general warm up. Get yourself a stick and practice at home first.
>>
>>39749781
In the context of this board making it is almost always on regards to aesthetic outcome and size. It's almost never used in reference to power which is all Oly lifts are concerned with. Get fucked if my post crawled up your ass a little too far.
>>
>>39749899

That's because 90% of this board is homosexual eroticism.
>>
>>39749954
>there is anything wrong with this
>not liking the male aesthetic form

90% of the guys on this forum just want to be reasonably strong and look good naked. Oly lifts accomplish neither of these very well in and of themselves. If you were talking about prep for football we could discuss the use of hang cleans and snatches all day. Try to remember where you are.
>>
File: 1482188414105.jpg (84KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1482188414105.jpg
84KB, 640x640px
Speaking of olympic lifting, can I get /fit/ to check my form?

I just started doing it, and need tips.
Everything is in the description.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqa8cN5uM-A
>>
>>39749689
Ok Fatty
>>
>>39749843
>don't let some faggots opinion on the Internet hold you back
>follow my faggot opinion on the internet for true success
>>
>>39750110
oly lifting is not powerlifting
>>
>>39750025

Think you may be dropping your chest too much. But not by a lot desu.
>>
>>39749997
The op clearly states a mixture of both olympic lifting and powerlifting for general strength.
>>
>>39750025
A few things. Main one is that you're not finishing the pull and not extending your hips fully. Ram those fucking hips like you're a girl in the ass.
>>
>>39750632
Fucking a girl in the ass**
>>
>>39750632
>>39750160
Thanks anons.
>>
>>39750536
I know. I too can read. My earlier posts were only in reference to OP's insistence on Oly lifts as being somehow required to "make it" which is bullshit
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.