[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

serious question. Is it possible to be huge from lifting heavy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: body ideal.jpg (27KB, 232x263px) Image search: [Google]
body ideal.jpg
27KB, 232x263px
serious question.

Is it possible to be huge from lifting heavy
AND
endurance run recreationally at the same time?

The meme is that cardio kills gains, but if I eat enough to compensate for lost calories with running, will you actually lose any of your lifting mass by running? Or is there some secret gain killing meme associated with running that I'm not aware of?
>>
>>39749578
cardio only kills "gains" if you do it before heavy lifting. depending on how much you do it, you won't perform at your 100% because of it.

doing it after lifting is perfectly fine and has only benefits. just make sure you get those extra calories in.
>>
Do cardio after the heavy lifting, or you'll be burnt out when it counts.

Eat enough calories to make up for what you lose

Don't push the cardio so hard that it interrupts your recovery.

Better to work in the cardio when you're already accustomed to the volumes you're working at.

Done.
>>
Not OP.
I take it the same principle applies if I'm training for a triathalon/sprint triathalon?

Weightlift first then do my cardio?
Say I weightlift in the AM then Run/swim/cycle after work.
>>
Alex viada
>>
Studies have shown cardio after a weight session reduces muscle gains by about 10% in their study.

However doing cardio on off days while still being in your surplus is beneficial in tons of ways. While also keeping your cardio in tip top shape for when you cut.

Part of the reason people "Feel better" leaner is because they're adding in cardio that they should have had to begin with.
>>
>>39749578

For example If you theoretically eat 2500 calories in any given day, lifting followed by 500 calories worth of cardio would be better for you than lifting with no cardio and just eating 2500 calories.

Cardio is good if you fit it into your regime, whatever your goals are. Just keep protein high and eat for what you expend and what to achieve
>>
File: 1481600397152.jpg (61KB, 552x578px) Image search: [Google]
1481600397152.jpg
61KB, 552x578px
>>39750427
This is the only good answer in the thread
I do 20 min of intense stair climbing (110 SPM) after every workout, 6 times a week.
Lost no gains only getting stronger, gaining endurance
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.