[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /fit/ skelly here with a question that isn't covered

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 1477941123169.jpg (77KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1477941123169.jpg
77KB, 960x960px
Hey /fit/ skelly here with a question that isn't covered in the sticky :

I already know that you have to eat alot to gain weight but unfortunately my budget is tight atm, will taking a gainer on top of my already low calorie intake help me gain weight?
I was thinking an additional 1000 calories a day from the gainer.

Keep in mind I have a pull up bar and I can do only bodyweight exercises , is it a good idea?
I'm just sick of being a skelly.
>>
>>39748825
fuck gainer. oats and milk is cheap. if you still need more calories you can even add pb and make a shake out of it
>>
>>39748825
If you're short on cash then 'gainers' are a bad idea, they're expensive for what they are. Shopping smart at the grocery store and making your own food is always going to be cheaper. Things like steelcut oats bought in the bulk food aisle and chicken breast in bulk packs is cheap an calorie-dense. So are things like rice. Even butter isn't that expensive considering 14 grams is 100kcal. Whole milk is cheap and nutritious.
>>
>>39748825
Whole milk is dirt chea and should add 650kcals for 1L.
Oats are dirt cheap. Potatoes are cheap. Tuna in some countries are dirt cheap(for protein)

and youre limited with a bodyweight only routine.

How you cant save money for gym membership is beyond me. But whatever floats your boat.
>>
>>39748903
>How you cant save money for gym membership is beyond me.
Considering how you get ass-raped for garbage like 'mass gainers' just not wasting money on that would pay for a cheap gym membership easily.

>>39748825
>Keep in mind I have a pull up bar and I can do only bodyweight exercises
OP, are you Underage B& and stuck at home because mom & dad won't pay for the gym, or are you really that poor?

Do you live in the U.S.? If so find a Fitness 19 near you, it's only $10 per month, or go find a YMCA, they usually have a gym and don't charge much either.
>>
>>39748839
>>39748869
>>39748903
Sorry for being autistic but how do I cook the oats?
How much for one serving?
I barely got time to eat, 3 meals a day and if I want 3k calories I'll have to eat 1k calories for breakfast and I have no idea what to prepare.

Milk is cheap here, so are eggs and tuna, so I guess I could make some sandwiches?

>>39748903
Are you saying that bodyweight exercises with a high calorie diet is bad?

>>39748961
I live in a shitty rural part of France, closest gym is 60km away, home gym is way too expensive.
>>
>>39748825
What the others said, but I get 600kcal from my whey (4 scoops brah), and after crunching numbers it works out cheaper per kcal than most foods except oats and rice.

I buy 5kg bags though.

Do a shop and workout how many calories per dollar(or whatever currency you have) everything costs. If you're spending too much, cut out the highest cost per calorie items. If you can get glucose/whey for less cost per calorie, then go for it.

Also, get in to a strict routine of eating the same things every day. Might not sound enjoyable, but get used to eating for mass rather than eating for pleasure.

As for exercise; bodyweight and cardio, at least until you can get in to a gym or buy a home gym. With all the variants of calisthenic exercises you should be good for a year or two before you really need weights to advance. And if the gym's impossible, get a weighted vest, you can probably add a year more of gains with that.
>>
File: 0N_79889.jpg (21KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
0N_79889.jpg
21KB, 256x256px
>>39748976
you can just eat oats simply with milk. Peanut butter and almonds are great to get a lot of calories too. Also, even though we don't have greek yogourt here, you can eat a shitload of "fromage blanc", quite high in proteins.
Concerning the routine you can always progress with bodyweight training while bulking, juste care about calories in / calories out.
>>
>>39748976
you don't have to cook them at all. you can eat them raw and put them in warm/hot milk and let them stand for 1-2 min.

200g of oats and 0.5L of milk is like 1k calories alone. if you don't have time to eat then drink your calories. like i said, blend oats, milk and some peanut butter and you can make a close to 2k caloric shake that you can drink throughout your morning.

don't eat too much tuna due to mercury. if you want to eat fish mackarel is good choice. other than that, rice and chicken is your best and cheap option for calories/price
>>
>>39748976
1. You're obviously Underage B& living at home, get your mother to teach you how to cook basic things for yourself.

2. Don't try to eat 1000kcal in 3 meals, break it up into smaller meals with some snacks

3. You're never going to get any real gains with just bodyweight shit and what few lightweight things you have lying around. You'll have to find something better or move to where there's a gym nearby.
>>
>>39748976
also if you can't go to a gym just buy 2 adjustable dumbells that can go up to 25-30kg, it unlocks quite a lot of exercises and it allows you to add weight on your bw exercises to progress
>>
>>39749066
>doesn't eat 1000kcal plates with a 300kcal pint of milk followed by a 300kcal whey shake with creatine in a single sitting

Confirmed never gonna make it
>>
File: 1481761245069.png (123KB, 327x228px) Image search: [Google]
1481761245069.png
123KB, 327x228px
>>39749047
Pas de cottage cheese aussi.

>>39749066
Why are you so obsessed with the "underage b&" thing?
I have no time, I work from 9 to 12,one hour break and get home at about 8 o'clock, up until now I've been eating cooked shit and sandwiches, never cooked in my life.
>>
Youll want to eat Quark if you can afford it and digest it, atleast 1kg a day.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.