[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>induced coma >IV drip with salt ions, vitamins and minerals

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

>induced coma
>IV drip with salt ions, vitamins and minerals

Explain to me why this isn't the standard procedure for (willing) weight loss for the super obese? Especially after mutliple failures.

Diets aren't going to work if they got to this point - they can't be supervised 24/7 and clearly don't have the discipline by themselves.
(((Bariatric surgeons))) are pushing their remedy for obvious reasons.
Same with the (((pharmaceutical industry))) with their latest wonder (((drug))).
All while keeping them as 'patients' needing continual 'treatment' so the medical insurance companies can drain them of their life savings and house.
>>
>>39741250
Because it would be fucking immoral. You suggest putting someone in an induced coma that they may never wake from. More so you're taking the most valuable thing in life away from them, time. If they wanna lose weight they will and if they don't want to lose weight they won't. The fucks wrong with you? These fat fucks steal your last yogurt?
>>
>>39741288
I clearly said WILLING weight loss. As in, make the procedure available to those who want it, are willing to give it a try. At the moment it's denied out of those ethical concerns. But is it really less moral than the abomination of bariatric surgery? Bariatric surgery is not a fucking cure. People get hungry because the body decides it wants glucose...not because there's empty physical space.

Meanwhile the patient is discharged back to their primary care provider to pick up the pieces while the surgeon is nowhere to be seen, no doubt cutting up his next bag of money.
>Thanks for the internal organs, senpai!
>>
>>39741250
Next level retarded to think putting anyone in a coma for a prolonged period of time is deemed safe. They would lose weight far faster by actually working out, the fact that walking is free and this would be stupidly expensive renders the whole idea as simply bad
>>
>>39741250
I always wondered what happens to the morbidly obese guys in jail? Aren't they just fed a standard 2000 calories a day? I wanna see a bunch of fat acceptance people get jailed and fed a 2k calorie diet..see if they actually lose weight from it
>>
>>39741250
Boogie's looking worse lately
>>
>>39741250
1. Medically induced coma is far from being risk-free, it's something only done as a last resort

2. The patient wouldn't learn to change their lifestyle and eating habits, they'd go right back to the same weight or worse within a year of being revived.

You're dumb, OP.

Also stop looking for excuses not to DO THE WORK to lose that disgusting fat ass of yours.
>>
>>39741250
holy shit is that boogie
>>
>>39741547
I would assume they would lose weight pretty quickly.. but their life is pretty sedentary, depending on where they are at.. 23 hours lock down, or minimum security resort.

They would probably want to lose weight so they werent such an easy target
>>
>>39742562

No that guy has like 200lbs on boogie lol
>>
DNP. Its safe if you dont use it like a retard.

Too bad everyone is a retard and if a doctor ever prescribed the stuff people would OD by being retarded.
>>
>>39741250

Your understanding of human physiology is overly simplistic. Your intestines are a key players in weight loss. Also, you would deteriorate muscles and joints too much. Feacal transplantation is a better way
>>
>>39741288
>More so you're taking the most valuable thing in life away from them, time
lmao these fat shits are going to live to mid 30s at best anyway, call it an investment. You put in a year, you live 40 years longer
>>
>>39742627
>putting chemicals that were made for explosives and pesticides is safe for your body

never go full retard
>>
>>39741288
>>39741482
shhh
>>
Ignoring the multiple reasons this is retarded, even if such a thing would work they'd just put the weight back on again.

There has to be mental change in such people and at the end of the day they have to put effort in.

People live like they can just buy solutions to their problems off the shelf of a supermarket. They are weak and deserve death without procreation
>>
>>39744058
yeah but it could ultimately help for severely obese people at least to some extent, sometimes it gets to a point where it's so bad that it feels like there's no point to trying
>>
>>39742627
>implying the LD50 of DNP is not widely variable
>implying tolerance of each use is not widely variable both between individuals and for each individual at different times
>implying you won't literally cook yourself
>>
File: 1472791322237.jpg (8KB, 262x263px) Image search: [Google]
1472791322237.jpg
8KB, 262x263px
>Taking money from obese suckers is somehow wrong

Try again, cuccboi
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.