[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

About a week ago, I was deadlifting 205 lbs for the first time.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1959.jpg (422KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1959.jpg
422KB, 1600x1200px
About a week ago, I was deadlifting 205 lbs for the first time. I was making great deadlift progression, but apparently got ahead of myself, because after the third rep or so, I felt an odd sensation somewhere between my lower back and hip, on my right hand side. It wasn't pain, more like the sensation you get when you try to crack a joint, but can't quite crack it.

I stopped the set instantly, and deloaded my deadlift for next time. And for the most part, the sensation went away. It cropped up a few times at random, but not too often.

Today, however, when I was doing barbell rows, it happened again. Not as severe as last time, but the sensation was definitely there when I bore weight on my right foot.

I've never had any sort of fitness related "injury" before, and I have no idea how severe this is. Like I said, no pain, just an odd sensation. Any similar experiences or tips on what I should do?
>>
>>39740954
KYS
>>
Does it feel warm?
>>
>2016
>Still falling for the "deathlifts are good for you" troll

They're called deathlifts for a reason bro
>>
>>39740954
Were you warmed up properly and do you regularly work on your mobility?
I'd recommend the Limber 11 mobility routine whenever you warm up at the gym followed by a few sets of overhead squats as well as third world squats and spinal decompression several times a day at home since that's what I do and it works for me as a competitive powerlifter.
Not sure about your injury, might be a very slightly pulled or inflamed hip flexor.
I'd say take the rest of the week off of deadlifts and squats and replace whatever rows your doing with a rowing machine until you feel better.
Also, don't use leg drive during OHP and bench press for the rest of the week.
>>
>>39740983
No, doesn't feel warm. And I rarely feel it at all.
>>
>>39741010
Thank you for this advice, I'll do that. And to be frank, I rarely stretch or warm up before doing excercises. This could be my problem.
>>
>>39741012
It's probably not muscle tarring then. You've just fucked up your back with shit form or lack of warming up. You shouldn't just jump into a work set.
>>
>>39741029
I mean I warm up with the exercise itself, at lower weight, but don't do any stretching or explicit warm up exercises.
>>
>>39741052
Oh yeah that's what I was talking about. Just be mindful making sure you don't round your lower back. You might be putting to much strain on your back. Watch a couple videos on deadlift form for a refresher. There could be something you're missing and it's never a bad idea to take another look at what a proper deadlift looks like.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.