[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My theory is alcohol is actually thermogenic, because it requires

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: Vodka_Shots_16308_10218.jpg (21KB, 370x258px) Image search: [Google]
Vodka_Shots_16308_10218.jpg
21KB, 370x258px
My theory is alcohol is actually thermogenic, because it requires energy to be metabolized. And dont tell me no bullshit 7 calories per a gram. Because calories are measured by burning them, it doesnt mean we can digest it, for example gasoline also has similar calories, What do you think?
>>
>>39733231
Kevin Levrone would get shitfaced on vodka the night before a show to shred down. I think its more for ridding excess waterweight
>>
>>39733270
that was for dropping water, but thinking that you need energy to get rid of alcohol, that makes me think it's a "fat burning supplement"
>>
>>39733282
Mix some CLA, L-Carnitine, Vodka, and Caffeine and youve got a supplement
>>
>>39733360
im thinking IF it's a thermogenic not trying to make a supp
>>
File: alcohol_metabolism.jpg (79KB, 642x360px) Image search: [Google]
alcohol_metabolism.jpg
79KB, 642x360px
It's still a net producer of energy.
>>
>>39733231
Always thought it is bullshit to count the calories of alcohol. It is no normal carb, it is literally poisen that gets dealed with in the liver.
Still every article you read says it has calories... so no idea.

>>39733270
Man, that sounds really terrible. Provoking a hangover without the chance to even drink water the night/next morning.
>>
makes sense to me, OP. thanks.
>>
cheeseburgers are thermogenic as well because your body has to exert the energy to break down all the meat, cheese and grease and that is hard work
>>
Even though OP is a retard, it's kind of true. A chronic alcoholic will metabolize alcohol differently than normal people and it will require more energy. That's why some some alcoholics are skinny. However, if you're a normal person, alcohol is 7 calories per gram.
>>
>>39733231
you're an idiot. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethanol_metabolism
>>
>>39733231
Gee I fucking guess that gasoline is thermogenic as well, since you need to ignite it to get the energy out

get this bullshit out of here
>>
Your body derives about 7 cal per gram of energy from it.

Uses about 2 cal per gram to metabolize it.

So alcohol has a new effect on energy balance of about 5 cal per gram.

Yes, alcohol counts. Sorry.
>>
>>39733231
>thermogenic, because it requires energy to be metabolized
You need some calories to break down the alcohol (Energy of activation) but after that its the CH3, CH2 and OH that will provide your body with energy. And it will be a much greater energy that they give to you than they require to break down the bonds of CH3CH2OH.
>>
>>39733231
I've cut 50lb in 6 months and i drink 60 units of alcohol every ding dong week...mostly beer, some whisky too
>>
>>39733813
even completely ignoring the fact that it was alcohols, at 2 lbs a week, I can tell you you are dissolving muscle weight along with flab at an alarming rate.
>>
>>39733586
>this
>alcohol is 7 calories per gram
>a shot is still 100 calories
>>
>>39733596
It can be metabolised and used for energy. That's what the liver does.
The waste products get pushed into the gall bladder.

>>39733628
All foods are thermogenic. They require different amounts of oxygen to fully metabolise the products.
The thermogenic effect of food accounts for around 15% of your basal metabolic rate.

>>39733662
Where the fuck are you getting your facts from?
Alcoholics are not skinny, their livers and stomachs get bloated, due to scarring and fat deposition changes in response to the excess poison they ingest. If your friend is an alcoholic and is skinny, he likely has other issues like drugs.

>>39733231
There's more than one way to measure calories. You're an idiot. Don't try and refute science with 'commoner folk' nonsense you learned in high school. It's widely taught this way for a reason. Do you think millions of doctors and shit would hold their tongues about this great conspiracy, that calories in alcohol can't be measured and they are actually good for you?
Fucking hell man.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.