[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any actual EVIDENCE that machines "make you injury

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault.jpg (220KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
220KB, 1920x1080px
Is there any actual EVIDENCE that machines "make you injury prone because your stabilizers are not being trained?"

I've heard that meme many times, but never seen an actual study or something like that.
>>
machines are dangerous
ever seen Transformers?
>>
>>39732030
Megatron is made out of incline chest press machines
>>
>>39731921
Who cares for that to happen you would need to have a test subject who never touched free weights only machines.

If that was the case they're probably 70 years old or an absolute faggot.
>>
>>39732044
Megatron is the real hero. Prime pretty much wants to cause the extinction of their race
>>
>>39731921
>what is conventional wisdom based on decades of exercise science
What's next, you going to say that multi-joint exercises are unnecessary and pointless?
>>
>>39731921

If you want to do anything useful with your strength, machines make you injury prone.

For example, say you can use the hammer row machine, the reverse hyper machine, and the leg press machine.

There is no guarantee that those three together will help you lift a couch.

Deadlifting, on the other hand, does prepare you for such things.

Pressing machines don't prepare you to push a car the same way squats and OHP do.
>>
>>39732217
>Pressing machines don't prepare you to push a car the same way squats and OHP do.

t. Professional car pusher.
>>
>>39732217
squatting, OHP, and deadlifting with a perfectly balanced barbell with spinning collars designed to minimize torque at your wrists is so far removed from moving a couch or moving a car

i deadlift 575 and i still hate moving fucking furniture because it's awkward and bulky

functional strength is a complete meme unless you are a professional athlete
>>
>>39731921
Is this channel good?
>>
>>39731921
Machines are good for developing control and basic muscle. When I started, I had nothing. Couldn't even lift the bar. Couldn't do one push-up. Machines got me to the point where I could begin deadlifting, OHP, bar squats and benchpresses.
>>
>>39732460
>When I started, I had nothing. Couldn't even lift the bar. Couldn't do one push-up
kek
>>
>>39732471
everyone starts somewhere, anon
>>
>>39732471
don't bully
>>
>>39732447

The idea is that deadlifting 500 lbs makes a 100 lb object easier to carry.

In the event that the object is less than 500 and hard to carry, it is probably because the size of the object is creating torque which effectively increases the weight on the body.
>>
>>39732518
sorry but if you can't do one push up as a young non-obese man then you are a total genetic failure.
>>
>>39732447
>deadlifts 575
>hasn't seen any real world carryover
either your form is beyond atrocious or you're a shameless liar

i guess both

when i got to 4plate the real world carryover i noticed was absolutely huge
>>
>>39732887
but I can do them now????
>>
>>39731921
using machines makes you less prone to injury than someone who isn't even using machine. they are simply a tool - good for total beginners so you don't have to correct them at every rep and perhaps some more advanced bodybuilders who want to work on a specific ROM
>>
>>39732907
your bench will plateau at 225
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.