[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sadly because of my situation in life I can no longer go to the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: 1478327410631.jpg (129KB, 533x533px) Image search: [Google]
1478327410631.jpg
129KB, 533x533px
Sadly because of my situation in life I can no longer go to the gym regularly. I know there is no real replacement for the gym, but what is the next best thing I can do by working out at home? If someone could recommend a decent schedule / set of exercises that'd be extremely appreciated. I have a pull up bar and a pair of 15 kg dumbbells. I don't have a lot of space or money for much more equipment, but if someone has a recommendation below $200 I'd be willing to spend that much.

I really am clueless on this because I pretty much only did StrongLifts 5x5 and everywhere I look the answer is some women's yoga article on buzzfeed.
>>
File: 1481928374274.jpg (98KB, 479x764px) Image search: [Google]
1481928374274.jpg
98KB, 479x764px
Yoga is good as a supplemental thing (to reinforce your core, to stretch your tightened muscles, as a time to "decompress" your workouts and life, ertc.) Don't just write it off because there's a lot of focus on it regarding women.

I would suggest bodyweight routines. You won't be able to work legs well, but everything else (and I mean everything) can be worked. The difference in methodology between lifting weights (PL, WL, whatever) and bodyweight is method of loading the muscles. Weights use weights (no shit) and bodyweight uses leverage (think handstand pushups, planks, pull-ups, and more).

The book "Overcoming Gravity" published some years ago would be a good book on the subject and the /r/bodyweightfitness subreddit is also a great place to start looking for advice on routines
>>
As a temporary thing it's not a big. See if you can get a barbell and some weight - pushups and dumbbells and deadlifts and front squats are all you really need in life. I have like a cheapo rack, a barbell, and some weights - cancelled my gym membership and don't regret it.
>>
File: joe rogan.png (496KB, 703x492px) Image search: [Google]
joe rogan.png
496KB, 703x492px
>>39727016
maybe get a heavy ass kettle bell so you can do goblet squats, deadlifts and swings. also do push ups and pull ups and dumbbell press and you gucci.
>>
>>39727016
p90x unironically
>>
This will kind of be a random occurrence but keep your eyes peeled for weights at garage sales. Most people won't expect the 1$/pound rule of thumb.

Craigslist too maybe.

One poster mentioned getting a heavy kettlebell to work your legs, you could probably get 2 fairly heavy ones for less than 200 and they would fit the bill by not taking up a ton of room. They are fairly memey but I have one and I have fun with it.
>>
>>39727712
dude on the left side of your pic is dead inside
>>
>>39727594
To add on to this buy a really thick rug or foam pads so you don't damage the floor with your weights.
Also in your situation you should implement more calisthenics. Loads of variations. Get creative. Move around at each push-up.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.