[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>curls dont build functional strength. Some people actually

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

>curls dont build functional strength.

Some people actually believe this
>>
>>39726322
>believing some hollywood bullshit

Some people actually believe this
>>
It's all about the forearms, fag
>>
>>39726322
didn't you know the fourth powerlift is the curl?
>>
>>39726328
You don't actually think squats are going to help you curl a helicopter, do you?
>>
>Getting stronger isn't functional strength

some people actually think there's a difference
>>
>>39726428
Well leg curl yeah
>>
>>39726328
Look up how they did this scene. Chris Evans is a Beast
>>
>>39726322
Did anyone else show some sort of expression of doubt when Chris switched to an underhand grip? I was wondering if it'd actually be more effective.
>>
>>39726428
>he doesn't know squats work the biceps
>>
If you are white collar, there is no functional strength

What function does squatting serve you? Helping you get up out of your swivel chair?
>>
>>39726432
I used to think like this.

I argued that rather than going to the gym, I would go to the forest to carry logs. However, it happens that carrying logs in the forest is not a likely scenario in a modern day world.

So after being in denial for years that getting strong is objectively beneficial in the same way that good mobility and good endurance is, I started lifting.

It absolutely breaks my heart listening to someone in their 30s making the same excuses about lifting that I made at 18-24.

It's like you can't even ask certain people to join you in the gym without them getting all butthurt about it and start bashing and bitching about how useless lifting up heavy things and putting them down over and over is.
>>
Chris Evans on how he did the scene
https://youtu.be/vkGtJ4rBKUU
>>
>>39726322
It's not so much that they don't serve a purpose it's how you train them. To be quite truthful senpai my arms got big by doing weighted chins/pulls and heavy rows with Maby 1 or 2 bicep isolations and my arms are a few inches bigger then my curl bro buddies who actually have a day dedicated to just biceps
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.