[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's more important, food or sleep? I guess what I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: crab cycle.jpg (47KB, 604x457px) Image search: [Google]
crab cycle.jpg
47KB, 604x457px
What's more important, food or sleep?

I guess what I'm specifically asking is have you ever gotten less than optimal sleep, been a bit tired, but pushed through it & ate a lot, maybe then went out & gotten crunk, and still felt relatively good & made gains because of good nutrition despite exhibiting subpar resting behaviors??
>>
I ask because I've been trying for a long time to get my gainz in check, and my biggest problem has been just not eating enough food. I can shovel down food but it's just a problem of focus, my ADHD mind or whatever just has trouble caring to eat enough.

I always sleep plenty, but it's never gotten me anywhere, so I'm trying now to simply shift focus entirely to eating moar and seeing if it makes the dramatic difference I'm looking for.
>>
Certain schools on this, but I'd say sleep

Assuming you aren't at a point where you are literally eating Macca's for every meal, it's safe to assume you get a decent amount of food and protein in, so your next modifier is exertion in the gym, how eager you are to learn new training methods and assess your performance based off of that and just general self control and such

These are all controlled by sleep for the most part. As a former insomniac I can tell you, the two hours between 6 hours sleep and 8 are the difference between a good workout and a pointless one
>>
>>39725861
As long as you can get 4+ hours of sleep at night, then swipe a nap here and there shouldn't be much of an issue.
>>
>>39725892
You definitely need more than 4 hours what the fuck. You ideally need at least 7
>>
>>39725889
>two hours between 6 and 8
Fuck you. You are a pussy. Do you have any idea how many people sleep less than six hours and work their fucking ass off? You're a lazy pos getting 6 hours of sleep does not make you an insomniac it makes you a man who has shit to do besides waste his life away in bed.
>>
>>39725912
4 hours plus naps i said. Plus naps. You probably shouldn't string it on for weeks at a time either, but in general a few times a week its more than enough.
>>
File: cat.jpg (27KB, 289x345px) Image search: [Google]
cat.jpg
27KB, 289x345px
>>39725919
Whoah broah

>>39725889
Thx m8, in a way I feel like you're right with the difference between 6 & 8 hours. At the same time though there's the school of >>39725892 like you said which probably honestly does work if one pays attention to how they feel and not push it too hard.

I tried polyphasic sleeping once for a few months, and although I think I did push it too hard, I was pretty sleep deprived a good amount of the time, I FOR SOME REASON had some of the best workouts of my lief, and still ate a lot, and in the moments of the day where I wasn't falling asleep, I felt absolutely crystal clear cognitively, really cool actually. Sleep is weird....hence why I posted the topic.

Food on the other hand, it seems more concrete where you will and won't fail. You can pretty much guarantee you won't make gainz if you don't eat enough, as I learned the hard way
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.