[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

anyone else lifting because they are depressed? Exercise is the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

File: sad_frog.jpg (7KB, 316x202px) Image search: [Google]
sad_frog.jpg
7KB, 316x202px
anyone else lifting because they are depressed? Exercise is the only thing that gives me something to be proud of in this life

when everything seems to be going down, I always remind myself that at least my lifts are going up
>>
File: 1481148515071.jpg (18KB, 451x451px) Image search: [Google]
1481148515071.jpg
18KB, 451x451px
>>39725631
Yeah, im hoping that big gains and the loss of fat body will get me out of my slump.
>>
File: IMG_8415.jpg (1MB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8415.jpg
1MB, 2448x2448px
>family issues taking a toll
>drinking heavily to cope
>had a qt girl that made everything go away when I was with her
>stopped drinking cause she was there for me
>was actually genuinely happy when I was with her
>things fell through with her after 7 months
>end things in good terms and are still "friends" and hang out on occasion
>feels at an all time high now
>fall back into my old ways of drinking a bottle of whiskey a night to cope with family issues and now the feels of no qt girl
>fuck multiple girls after her but none give me the feeling she did
>realize she's the first girl I've ever truly loved
>down a bottle one night and go outside and punch the brick wall
>knuckles bloodied on both hands think to myself what have a become
>focus feels in gym stop drinking and get diet back on track
>down 10 pounds so far lifts going up
>in gym today doing squats
>work up to 315 and smoke it
>song comes on that reminds me of her start to tear up from anger/sadness
Fuck it more weight
>335 on the bar now
>got a new Beatles squat Pr today lads
>new inzer belt came in the mail Thursday
>focused my feels and hit a 550 pound deadlift pr yesterday
>doing squats today
>notice one of the rivits on my Inzer belt popped off
>sent belt back today to have them fix it
>tfw had belt for 2 days nothing is working out for me
>only time I'm "happy" is when I'm in the gym other than that I'm a depressed cunt but no one knows

Still feeling all these feels and have thoughts of driving out to the desert and ending it all or just says no fuck it and fall back into my old ways. But for now I'm staying strong not for me but for my doggo

>pic related the reason I'm still going and haven't givin up yet.
>>
File: IMG_0127.jpg (85KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0127.jpg
85KB, 600x600px
>>39725631
>>39725650
>>39725674
>muh life challenges
>>
>>39725687
I am
Anon slow but surly
>>
Drink alcohol and take opiates, you can't be sad when you're drunk and high on opiates
>>
>>39725631
Lifting and studying is what keeps me going...

I'm not sure why this is happening, though: I've got a cute gf who likes me, studying in a good med school, my parents are doing alright...

It gets me wonder if anyone is truly happy past their 20s...
>>
>>39725631
And with that, you are doing much more than most people do. There is no need to be depressed , Anon. ,,Exercise is the only thing that gives me something...'' , don't say ``only'' like it's just a little bit and don't say ''at least my lifts are going up'' like it's a trivial thing.
Lifting is the love and life for some people and don't think it's nothing special because you see all kinds of normies in your local gym.
It's comparable to drawing or any other kind of art: some people do scribbles and think they are the shit, while other people learn important things about the craft and progress on a level, where they can form something impressive.
It is the Individual passion of the person that makes the art unique.

I think this board is way too hard on itself sometimes, since body fitness isn't just something that only 2% of all people careabout. Almost everybody cares about it wether they do sport, lift or do nothing comparable. The sense for Body health & aesthetics lies within the mind of every person and the body of a man defines how we see a person , because it partly reflects what kind of character he is. (i bet tumblr will disagree here )
>>
>>39725920
P.S: if you are depressed because you lost somebody/oneitis dumped you, the only thing that can help you is time.
>>
File: 1481488993067.jpg (59KB, 919x720px) Image search: [Google]
1481488993067.jpg
59KB, 919x720px
>>39725631
No one will ever be proud of me, I just do it because I cant stand looking in the mirror.
>>
>>39725631
tfw not depressed and feel bretty good :DD
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.