[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys, I need some advice. I've been hitting the gym

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: fat.jpg (4KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
fat.jpg
4KB, 275x183px
Hey guys, I need some advice. I've been hitting the gym for about a month now and doing a low calorie die (between 1000-1200 a day).

The first 3 weeks I lost about 3 kilos. But this week however I seem to have gained weight even thought I didn't even went near maintance calories. Also this week I started using Hydroxicut SX 7 to improve my fat burning.

>tl;dr Is it normal to gain weight back or do I need to cut calories even more?

>5'7
>70 kg
>>
Muscle weighs more than fat so I think you're good
>>
If you're lifting for the first time and continuously improving on lifts, you might be gaining some muscle, which will reflect on the scale. Also could be water retention, not having a shit before weighing, or any other plethora of reasons.

Don't cut any lower than 1k calories.
>>
>>39724020
>>39724039
I have read from sticky and other sources that you either gain weight or loose it be fat or muscle. Or can I loose fat while gaining muscle?

Also I have weigthed across multiple hours and stablished a baseline for comparison at morning after peeing each friday.
>>
Also what fat burners do you recommend, is Hydroxicut a good choice?
>>
>>39724064
Yes you can lose fat and gain muscle and weight even as muscle is much denser than fat. This is commonly referred to on /fit/ as the newb gainz phase. It is easy for beginners to do because they have so much expendable fat and so little muscle development. If you are a healthy young man there is no need for burners as you call them. If you are following a half way decent routine there is no reason you can't eat 2k a day and lose weight. There are no shortcuts even gear isn't a real shortcut as you have to still put in the work and eat It's just dangerous and unnecessary. Learn to love the grind. Stop counting the months and accept /fit/ as a lifestyle and not a chore and you will make it. Trust me.
>>
>>39726147
Yeah, I really got into the gym as a way of lifestyle, it gives me a really nice boost for the day and I feel relaxed and confident.

I got recommended the fat burner because it gives you a coffe-like feeling and accelerates your hear rate so you burn more calories.

Thing is I want to make sure I am making progress, so I need to track it, that's also why I am asking here. I'd like to dedicate to the gym fully but first I need to loose of the extra weight I got.

I am not sure about the 2k, used some calorie calculators and even thought I am going to the gym 5 times a week I think 1000 is a nice cut for 1k a week.
>>
>>39724160
Yohimbe, ephedrine, caffeine, etc.

None of the shit that has a proprietary blend.
>>
>>39723987
Why are you cutting that hard at that bodyweight and height? You can gain muscle on a deficit as a beginner, but not that extreme if you're not a total fatass.

You should be eating ~500 calories below your TDEE if you are super concerned about losing fat. That's roughly 1800-2000 (use a calculator) a day.
>>
>>39726463
What's the difference between BMR and TDEE?.
When using normal calculators I get I should cut to 1000-1200 calories whoever with the TDEE I get I should cut to arround 1.8k. Is this going to do it right?.I have 26% body fat so yeah I am kind of a fatass but looking to loose fat and avoid loosing muscle as much as I can so when I get lower bf I can bulk.
>>
>>39726454
Hydroxicut SX 7 (the fat burner I am taking) has yohimbe, caffeine, green coffee bean extract, and a couple other "fat burning" elements
>>
>>39726521
BMR is what your body burns if you are in a coma all day.

TDEE is what you actually burn as an active person.

I'm guessing your TDEE is around 2300-2500 calories based on your bodyweight and lifting. I would eat much less than 500-700 below that because it will start to attack what lean mass you have. You don't want to end up skinnyfat.
>>
>>39726547
Yeah, it is 2300. But taking into account I eat 500-700 less calories, weight loss would be next to nothing. I read that a lb is about 3.5k calories so a kg is around 7k. That'd be arround 2 weeks. Is that info correct?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.