[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

IN routines that involve 3 days with 1 day increments inbetween,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

IN routines that involve 3 days with 1 day increments inbetween, is it allright to remove the one day increment if you need to flex your schedule?

For example: NYNYNYN
to
NNYYNYN

N means no and y means yes if you haven't figured it out.

This is really ruining me, right now I'm a "tommorow"fag but I'm willing to dedicate myself to this, just need advice on this problem.
>>
>>39718136
In the beginning, yes. Later on you'll be better off to skip the day.
>>
I wouldn't. Remember you don't get stronger when you lift weights, you get stronger when you rest afterwards.

However for the first month literally anything will work because it's better than just sitting around so do whatever.
>>
File: image.jpg (453KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
453KB, 1920x1080px
>>39718136

Yes. The minimum rest needed is 48 hours. If you need an extra day of rest, take it and just skip the next extra day:

Week 1: Monday, Wednesday, Friday
Week 2: Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday
Week 3: Monday, Wednesday, Friday

In the example, you have a great first week, but the next Monday, you have to work late. You just shift everything to Tuesday, Thursay, Saturday. Then, instead of taking 72 hours, you only take 48 hours of rest and resume the MWF schedule.

The beauty of the 3 day a week routine is that you can shift the days without really affecting recovery.
>>
>>39718195
>>39718196
>>39718217
Thanks for the advice.
>>
>>39718217

No it isnt. That completely BS statement is missapriopriated by Rippetoe from Supertraining, where the author has a table showing low-moderate intensity/volume (SS) will take 6-12 hours to recover from and high intensity+volume training will take 48hrs. SS is low volume and low intensity, you could do it 10 times a week and be fine. Rippetoe literally does not understand how recover works and neither do most posters here, evidenced by the circle jerk meme that is SS.

For the record recovery is a reciprocally adaptive system; meaning it adapts its capacity to adapt as you improve. IE the body of someone who lifts five days a week recovers slower per workout regardless of other factors than the gyy who trains twice a day six days a week. Your capacity to both volume and intensity is near infinite; without drugs the turn of century strongmen trained for 4-5 hours a day+shows every single night. If you eat big then you'll recover from near any workload drug free.

Reciprocally adaptive might not be the right term btw, my brain is fried from last night. It's a similar term though and applies to any hormetic system- IE thermoregulation will improve the more often you are exposed to extreme temperature etc.
>>
>>39718733
>SS is low volume and low intensity, you could do it 10 times a week and be fine

Squatting at the maximum weight you're currently capable of doing for 3x5 is not low intensity work
>>
>>39719132
yeah, the guy is an absolute moron who has clearly never done SS. recovery on SS is pretty tough except in the very beginning, and eventually it's no longer possible to recover in time.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.