[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what's going on with me /fit/? >be skinnyfat fag >read

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 1481299488307.png (26KB, 594x631px) Image search: [Google]
1481299488307.png
26KB, 594x631px
what's going on with me /fit/?

>be skinnyfat fag
>read faq and start lifting 3 times per week
>lift for 6 months
>eat at surplus
>gain around 1 lbs per week
>gain a bit over 20 lbs total
>lift as hard as i can every workout
>know about prilepin chart for progression and aim to progress each workout
>sleep 8+ hours each night

>after 5 months look the same but with bigger belly and a fatter face
>feels and looks like that 20 lbs went only to my belly and face
>wrists circumference 6"
>wrist width a little over 2"
>arms still look like toothpicks
>my grandma has bigger wrists than me
>tfw my dick has more girth than my wrists
>tfw everywhere i go the first thing people say is "your arms are really skinny"

>might as well try cutting instead
>feel completely depleted of energy after first set when on workout days
>lifts haven't moved in close to 2 months
>progress is shit and actually going backwards
>feel tired and like complete shit all the time
>hardly any energy
>have to deload almost every workout just to finish sets
>injured ankle during hiking
>after it healed my ankle mobility is half of my healthy one
>can't hit proper squat depth because of it
>squat form is pure shit because of it
>can't even squat anymore

is there even a point in trying to continue? i think that i won genetic lottery. even noticed lots of excessive hair in the past few months when showering so i wouldn't be surprised if i started to bald. at the moment lifting weights feels like a waste of money and time.

apart from getting fat literally nothing changed in the past 6 months. it only made me feel like shit all the time. i basically looked better when i didn't workout and sat on my ass all the time than i do as of today.

going to get checked up by doctor next week but i doubt they'll find anything. they never had before.
>>
File: 1481831558801-fit.png (474KB, 584x584px) Image search: [Google]
1481831558801-fit.png
474KB, 584x584px
Stop touching yourself
>>
>>39713726

>6 months
>no progress
>looks worse than when he started
>got fat

So you did SS by the book?

Sucks.

Sets of 8-12 reps. Lots of volume. Make sure you isolate biceps, triceps, lats, abs, forearms.

Also do compounds like squats and DL. If you can't squat do leg press or something.

Never ever sets of 5. That's how you make no progress and get fat
>>
what are you lifts? it takes a lot of lifting to look decent despite being overweight.

what's your routine like? if you're not working your arms then it's no surprise that they're small.
>>
>>39713726
how old are you?

>going to get checked up by doctor next week

get your hormones tested bruh. test levels especially
>>
>>39713726
SS is a meme do a beginner ppl routine.
>>
>>39713753
my routine is first lift of ppl (bench/dl/sqat) is 1x8+5x5, then 2-3 extra exercises at 8-12 reps. Is that gucci?
>>
>>39713753
i guess i can try that. everyone said that just doing compounds first would be best way to start with.

>>39713764
5'9, around 155 lbs now

>squat 130 to 150
>press 60 to 80
>deadlift 130 to 170
>bench 80 to 110

those were my best lifts. in the past month as i was cutting i couldn't even do them with a 10% deload so my lifts varied. like i said, i'm completely out of energy after my first set so i have to continue taking off the weight to be even able to complete it

routine is just compounds and some pullups, curls and rows. i tried to do farmer walks at least 2 per week in addition to curls but my arms size hasn't increased at all, not even biceps.

>>39713778
>>
>>39713726
6 months isn't a long time you stupid cow. And not only that but building your arms takes a long time. I guarantee you're bigger than before. Which you should have monitored if you're so worried about arms. My arms for example, while still small and I don't know when they were 15.5 after a pump, but now they're 16 resting after not having worked out in 2 weeks. I don't notice a difference but they are bigger. You have to actually measure to know since your eyes play tricks on you. They could be 13 inches, but as long as that's bigger than when you started, they ARE growing.

That being said, don't fucking cut. If you're worried about being small, that's dumb. Eat a little less and get your protein. Also isolate your arms.

As for squats, I can't do them anymore either. What I do is trap bar squat 3 sets, and then do bulgarian split squats with a bb. You can also do normal split squats.
And if you don't want to do that, just make the trap bar your new best friend.

Also your wrists will never grow to a reasonable degree. I don't believe they will never grow because I know mine did. But at the most it was a half an inch over years of manual labour and this year of lifting. Don't worry about your wrists or your physical limitations. Just keep fucking lifting.

If you lift and eat, you will grow. You are not big enough to cut
>>
>>39713950
this might be a shock, but you actually might be working out too much, if you are seeing no progress after this much time, it is most likely because you are trying to progress too far too quickly.

increase time between going to the gym to allow your body to recover, get lots of sleep, and make sure you eat enough and right
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.