[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Could use some help on an interesting topic Have you ever

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

>Could use some help on an interesting topic

Have you ever forgotten who you were? Basically lets say the person who you were at 25 is no longer the same person at 28, and at 28 you start to remember who you used to be at one time. Anyone else forgotten who they are as a person? I moved to another state, been here for over a year now, and my identity has changed so much I forgot who I really used to be /fit/ anyone feel the same?
>>
File: 1481855286966s.jpg (4KB, 236x228px)
1481855286966s.jpg
4KB, 236x228px
>Corporate life has taken over my soul
>Really have no idea who I used to be
>No more hobbies, no more get together with other hobby groups/meetups
>Try to go to my old hobbies I once enjoyed, I just don't care anymore.
>>
In my early teens I always thought that one should never care about what others think. One day while at my boarding school I learn that some people thinks I'm weird. I don't know why but it hit hard.

Four years later I got out of a bad breakup and worked my butt off, going from 108 to 80 kg. But I wasn't happy, cause at the same time I started getting in to Bowie and I realized how ugly I was. Going bald, mildly strong jaw. I just started hating myself. My gf tries her best to explain to me that I am pretty but I can't see it. I don't know how but I went from not caring what people thought when I was a kid, to having suicidel thoughts because I don't feel pretty.
>>
File: 1480826693201.png (10KB, 429x410px) Image search: [Google]
1480826693201.png
10KB, 429x410px
>>39712233
tfw. has a gf

Some of us have never even talked to a girl before
No honest discussion with any females, but
I can always chat with a dude about anything
>>
There is no "you". That is the ego which is an illusion. You contain multitudes.
>>
>>39711417
Yes I forgot who I was. And thank god I did. I was a 110lb meek faggot that was afraid of the word because raised by a single mom.

Now I'm a dude who doesn't afraid of anything. I pretended to be at first, then I notcied that acting that way wasn't all that bad and people responded mostly positively. So I kept it.
>>
>>39711417
That is my greatest fear - that I might become someone I would not currently recognize as myself.

Not to say I don't want to improve on certain aspects, but I do not want my core beliefs out identity to change.
>>
>>39712369
Yea, my friends even told me a few months ago that I am changing, they said man you changed, I laughed they, said they were just joking but obviously that isn't the case as I really did change so much I am unrecognizable mentally as who I used to be. Perhaps life/depression has hit and I am just now seeing what I have missed
>>
I think I can somehow relate.
Throughout my life I have put on a mask in order to fit in or to cope with my deficits, e.g. social anxiety, inferiority complex, the usual imageboard stuff.
But a few years ago I have noticed I don't know who I really am deep down and I also don't know in which direction I want to go with my life. I do not know the difference between the masks I put on and what the real me is.
There is probably not a single person who honestly knows me because all the time I play a role and pretend to be another charcter, sometimes more and sometimes less, but it's never me.
>>
>>39711417
Sometimes I am the nicest person you will ever meet and sometimes I am a twisted fucking psychopath
>>
>>39711417
This image hits me hard right now

I wish I was honest from the beginning
>>
>>39711417
You have no identity.
Your identity changes every fracture of a time interval.
>>
>>39712328
shut up
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.