[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Teach me macros, how do I know how much I'm supposed to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_2833.jpg (73KB, 610x639px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2833.jpg
73KB, 610x639px
Teach me macros, how do I know how much I'm supposed to eat? Am I really supposed to autistically count them for the rest of my life?
>>
>>39709797
Do your own homework faggot. Everyone's goals are different and body's use energy at different rates. Count them for a while and you'll get an idea of what you should be eating. Asking your question is the same as asking a random person "how much weight should I bench?" and giving no other info.
>>
>>39709822
Or you can just tell me if you know the answers, what's the point of this board?

I'm 5'2 56kg, I understand calories but macros confuse me
>>
>>39709844
I did answer you by saying no one can answer you without knowing your goals. Macros are the Protien, Fat and carbs that you eat and in what % you eat them. This varies depending on what you're looking to do. Try downloading My Fitness Pal and track yo food while learning the information it gives you. That's an easy way to suss out what you're eating.
>>
>>39709844

I found it on the first google hit. This should be lesson #1 for you: Do not be a lazy fuck, otherwise you will not make it.
>>
>>39709797
Read the fucking sticky
>>
>>39709844

5'2?
>>
File: printer.jpg (37KB, 640x627px) Image search: [Google]
printer.jpg
37KB, 640x627px
>>39709797
>how do I know how much I'm supposed to eat?
1. Figure out whether you want to gain or lose weight, and how much and within what period of time.
2. Work out how many calories more or less you need to eat to achieve said result within said amount of time.
3. Eat that many calories every day/week/other-time-period-of-your-choice

>Am I really supposed to autistically count them for the rest of my life?
You're not supposed to do anything, you're not 12 and in school. It's your choice whether you want to or not.

>>39709844
>macros confuse me
Healthy fats are important for minerals and vitamins. Complex carbs are important for minerals and vitamins. Saturated fat is bad after 32g/day. Sodium and most other hazardous nutrients and minerals have RDIs, google them. Protein is mostly over-consumed but the body builders golden rule is 1-2g/kg of bodyweight per day, best resource is https://examine.com/nutrition/how-much-protein-do-i-need-every-day/

Extra:
>Stick a plastic pocket/sleeve on the fridge.
>Count the calories of everything you eat for 1 week and jot down the calories in the Breakfast, Lunch and Dinners you commonly have. Stick it in the fridge sleeve.
This way you have a card and mental picture that tells you exactly how many calories are in the meals you eat 90% of the time so you don't need to remember/worry/autistic

>Save the wrappers or receipts for any processed foods you eat while out- protein bars, snacks, burgers, whatever. Stick them in the fridge sleeve.
This way you have a complete list of every calorie you've consumed and you can spend 10 minutes counting them all at the end of the month instead of doing it every day/week

>Benchmark it once a month
Re-counting means you can be accurate as fuck for an extra 10 minutes every week

I don't calorie count much because I do meal prep but these methods helped me be autistic without doing any work
>>
Literally read the fucking sticky.

Also, once I calorie counted for about a month or two, I realized I didn't need to. As long as I ate three meals a day, and ate until I was satisfied, I realized I'd hit my calorie goal. Every time.
>>
>>39709797
The only thing that really matters is eating at least 1.8g protein per kg of lean bodymass and not cutting away carbs or fat completely. You can switch up your macros as much as you like as long as you're taking in the minimum amount of protein for optimal gains.
>>
>>39710833
Thanks
>>
>>39709965
this guy. OP he dumbed it down the first time then had to retard it down. But hes right.
>>
>>39709797
who is this smegma collecta?
>>
>>39710767
It's not the Bible
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.