[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need serious help /fit/. Video attached, I, for the life of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: Livelift.jpg (115KB, 907x550px) Image search: [Google]
Livelift.jpg
115KB, 907x550px
Need serious help /fit/. Video attached, I, for the life of me, cannot keep my back from curving when I do deadlifts. How on earth do I keep my back straight and keep it from curving like I'm about to herniate a disk when I deadlift heavy (subjective) weight? Help! Please, before I permanently fuck my back or something.

http://sendvid.com/spkcjdvv
>>
>>39708121
Just to add to that, I did my absolute best to pinch my shoulder blades back and keep my lower back straight through the lift. However, my right shoulder blade swings out a lot, which is why my back was taped (which you probably can't see).
>>
>>39708121
Looks like you're trying to start it straight, but as you get into the lift you're preparing by bending forward. I'd stick with lighter weights and work on really keeping that back arched and those shoulders pinched back. You clearly look in the mirror to check that your form is good, then fuck yourself by changing it anyway. Also, don't look down, look straight ahead from start to finish. That looks like it's causing your back to arch, simply looking forward could fix the whole damn lift.
>>
>>39708142
>pinch my shouldeblades back
is there a point to this? I just pull my lats down as hard as I can, if you pinch your shoulders back doesn't that make holding your back together significantly harder?

Am I DLing wrong?
>>
>>39708234
I was told to pinch my shoulders back, but it appears that I'm deadlifting wrong so who knows.
>>39708199
I do look down a lot, I'll definitely keep that in mind next DL session. Look forward. Got it. Thank you!
>>
>>39708121
It's kind of hard to see at that angle and me being too lazy to rotate the video, however I have a suspicion that you are also putting the bar a bit too far away from your center.

Try to keep your hips a tad lower and the bar closer to you during the lift so your back is not practically horizontal. You do this by not locking out your knees so soon. But don't take it to the extreme and start ramping it up your shins.

Not related but also a tip: move your hands a bit closer in so your arms are more perpendicular to the ground like the picture you posted.

Also supplement with upper/mid back work, like face pulls. Your rounding isn't totally mong-form bad. I have a feeling your lower back is bretty strong but your mid/upper is lacking.

Sucks about the non-round plates. S'why I ditched LA Fitness.
>>
>>39708280
My current routine is deadlifts, seated low rows, bent over rows (horizontal) and lat pulldowns. You're right about my back, I'm in physical therapy for my right shoulder blade because the muscle around it is weak. Also, I'm pretty close to the bar, I keep the bar itself about halfway over my shoes, just about touching the tongue.

Thank you very much!

So far, lower hips, head up. Anything else or should that fix it completely?
>>
>>39708121
when you pull yourself into the bar during your setup, you should be thinking

1. shoulders in back pockets. Do not retract your scapula, squeeze your arms down into your sides

2. you should be directly against the bar when you lower your hips.

if the bar is too far away from your shins you'll lose position, the weight will get in front of you and you'll pull like you did

3. Stop humping the bar so many god damn times like a retard

Pull yourself into the bar and remains tight when lifting the weight off the floor. Don't jerk to off the ground. Think drive through your quads off the floor, then push hips forward once the bar gets past your knees

if none of that helps you probably are just too weak for what your are trying to lift and need to deload
>>
>>39708142
You aren't supposed to pinch your shoulder blades back.
>>
>>39708319
>shoulders in back pockets.
Okay
>you should be directly against the bar when you lower your hips.
Should my shins be touching the bar?
>Stop humping the bar so many god damn times like a retard
Haha sorry man, it's really hard to hype myself up without my headphones in.
>Don't jerk to off the ground. Think drive through your quads off the floor, then push hips forward once the bar gets past your knees
Very informative, thank you very much!
>>39708327
Yes, it seems I was given some misinformation on this. I wish I was still at the gym so I could try it with good form now, but I'll take note here and try to ensure I keep solid form all the way through.
>>
>>39708315
>Also, I'm pretty close to the bar, I keep the bar itself about halfway over my shoes, just about touching the tongue.
That sounds about right for most people. Like I said, kind of hard to judge at that angle.

If you are having trouble driving up with the new stance that everyone has been giving you tips on, keep in mind that the lift is not entirely back related. It could also mean your hams and glutes are not as powerful as your quads, thus you are putting yourself in a less optimal position just so your lower back and quads can take over more work.

It's going to take a bit of trial and error on your part. And like I mentioned, I really don't think your back is mong-form bad, and that obviously was a high exertion single rep for you, so once you apply everything to your actual work sets and not just a single, I think you'll be okay.
>>
>>39708462
Yeah, my work sets are usually 225-275, 3 plates is basically 1rm. I can go a little higher, but I am wary on pushing it right now, especially since I can recognize I have bad form.

Thanks everyone who helped me in this thread! So just to recap.

Head forward, don't hang.
Stay close to bar.
Lower hips, imagine driving with legs and not lifting with back.
Don't jerk.
Stop pinching shoulders back and pull down.
Hump the bar 4-5 more times before performing the actual lift.

I'll also deload and work on strength sets (5x5-6s) for the next couple weeks, and keep building upper back muscle.

Again, thanks everyone!
>>
>>39708930
Watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dm7ZbgjZklE
>>
OP idk if youre still here but it looks like you arent using your legs very much at all. You have this set up where youre bouncing your ass up and down like youre about to pull from there but then nothing lol. It looks like the pull is happening from your lower lats ONLY, I would focus more on engaging your legs and glutes more and take a huge breath of air to brace with and that should help keep you much straighter. Also it looks like your back isnt really that muscular so it will be a little harder to feel what muscles to use and when you are straight or not. Throw some Good Form bent over rows, old school shit where youre actually parallel and take everyone elses advice into consideration. You could also just be jumping into weight a little too fast GL op
>>
>>39708956
Yeah, that explains it perfectly. Thanks!
>>
>>39708121
I think your legs are stronger than your back, so you feel that you can lift more than you should.

train with less weight, so you back is streight, and work your way up from there.

If you still have bad form no matter how little you lift, you might not be flexible enugh, or you just suck at didly form
>>
>>39708121
Take those shoes off, widen your legs a little bit more. You have a serious case of knock knees going on. Those fuckers look like they're caving in.
>>
Activate your lats u slag
>>
>>39708121
It's hard to tell everything from one rep. Deload to about 80% of your 1RM and rep it out for your next video. You can reset between each rep if you need to.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.