[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yo /fit/ Is chiropractics a meme? I heard that it's bullshit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: sugging.jpg (12KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
sugging.jpg
12KB, 240x240px
Yo /fit/

Is chiropractics a meme? I heard that it's bullshit designed to make you have to come back and that massage therapy is better.

Is it just another (((trick)))?
>>
Just go see a qualified physical therapist.
>>
>>39708118
In most states, chiro is pretty much unregulated. There are a lot more quacks. Good chiros look for muscle injuries and inbalances, teach you exercises to help, and are bretty gud. Bad chiros CRACK-DA-BONES and tell you that mis-alignment of the bones causes cancer, incontinence, and the dreaded 'gay-homo-fag' syndrome.

Ask your physician for a referral to a good chiro.
>>
>>39708585

My dad went to a chiro; tru'nuff
>>
>>39708118
The back resetting is legitimate enough, it feels good and can relieve back and neck pain. However, most chiropractors pedal voodoo "the l4 vertebrae is connected to the liver, the c2 vertebrae can cure cancer" shit. The one I went to even used this electroacupuncture therapy crap where he put this little thing on different parts of my ear that gave a few shocks around as powerful as weak static electricity discharges. Different parts of the ear, like different vertebrae, were apparently connected to and able to heal various body parts. Most of them also charge ridiculous amounts just for popping your back, you could save what you would pay them for a couple months and have enough for a high end massage chair.

tl;dr a ton of them are quacks but a minority are probably good
>>
Just go see a physiotherapist or athletic therapist. Those professions have standards and need a full university degree. Chiro is usually unregulated and is a full on mess.
>>
>>39708118

There's no standardized care or manual for chiropracy. Basicly, they just make their shit up. Some of them happen to be right. Most aren't.

They're not doctors and they don't have a degree in any medical science.
>>
>>39709921
Only in fucking murrica...
Here in denmark its fully licensed and with a thorough education. Chiropracty helped me through a beginning discosprolapse in my neck which caused flaring pain down my arm.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.