[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any advice for someone who wants to start boxing? I've never

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: 1481472113076.png (484KB, 572x679px) Image search: [Google]
1481472113076.png
484KB, 572x679px
Any advice for someone who wants to start boxing? I've never thrown a punch in my life.
>>
>>39705861

DEM NATTY AESTHETICS
>>
File: nope.gif (1MB, 245x184px) Image search: [Google]
nope.gif
1MB, 245x184px
>>39705861
literally the worst place u could have asked. this place is all about looking like u can fight without actually being able to. sorry m8.
>>
>>39705861
Ask /asp/
>>
head to a boxing gym. dont buy a bag and punch it, a lot people break their wrists that way. at least go on youtube and learn to wrap them
>>
Watch videos of Mike Tyson. Then punch the air in front of you a lot until you get better at it and understand the form. Then punch something hard like a wall to build muscle. That's a box.
>>
File: GetInMyGuard.jpg (7KB, 256x144px) Image search: [Google]
GetInMyGuard.jpg
7KB, 256x144px
>not training the most applicable martial art in real life situations
>>
>>39705861
Just go to a boxing gym would probably be the best idea. Or remember to punch with your whole body and not just your arms.
>>
>>39705861
he has my body type!
>>
go to a boxing gym lol you WILL NOT and CAN NOT learn to box without someone teaching you

you just will not be able to box in a ring with someone without a good amount of training first

if you're looking into like conditioning prior to commencing training or somthing, just skip alot probs
>>
google what to look for in a boxing gym.

real gyms are usually cheap, full of niggers/other minorities, in a bad part of town, dark, dirty, hot, and held together inside and out with duct tape. That's the only place you're gonna learn. They should also do full contact sparring.

Don't go to an MMA gym, don't go any place that is clean and shiny and has white people coaching and charges $100+ a month, and don't go anywhere that is a 'boxing fitness' class.
>>
>>39705917
Unless you're not on a padded surface lol

OP watch videos on proper technique, stance, and footwork. You can shadowbox by yourself to get a feel. Nothing will replace getting a coach tho. But you can work on endurance and conditioning until you do.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.