[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Protein shake/protein meal before or after workout? Does consuming

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1214161935a.jpg (1MB, 1836x1836px) Image search: [Google]
1214161935a.jpg
1MB, 1836x1836px
Protein shake/protein meal before or after workout?

Does consuming protein work better before or after you lift? What helps recovery better?
>>
File: IMG_0721.jpg (97KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0721.jpg
97KB, 450x600px
Go with a BCAA/carb mix during your workout to stop excess muscle tissue damage/replenish glycogen levels. Consume 20-30 grams of protein within 30minutes to an hour after you lift to maximize protein usage and muscle growth.
>>
>>39698459
Ok thanks m8
>>
>>39698377
You need some food in you before you go lift. Personally I like to have a full meal 3-4 hours before and a snack (like banana with peanut butter) a half hour before.

Find a schedule that works for you. You want something carb heavy before lifting, preferably complex carbs.

As for a protein shake itself, when you eat it doesn't matter. Don't listen to this guy >>39698459.

The whole "30 minute protein window" is a supplement industry meme to sell protein. If you want to go down the research hole yourself, look up protein timing studies. You'll basically find a ton of studies that all say different things looking at "performance effects" that are barely statistically significant.

BCAA supplements are another bullshit product trying to suck your money for no results. Don't fall for that shit.
>>
Is it good to take two Scoops before workout in the morning and two other Scoops in the afternoon after workout?
>>
>>39698377
it doesn't matter
it doesn't matter
>>39698459
no
>>
>>39698580
Everything here is correct. Adding on though, if you're eating a healthy balanced diet then BCAAs shouldn't be a problem.

Preworkout is debatable though, there are a ton of things in them that can be helpful but generally it's just a fuck ton of caffeine and beta alanine (which gives you that tingling feeling).

In short, the only two real supplements worth a damn are creatine and protein powder.
>>
>>39698604
Bruh. You're overthinking things. It's protein. It's food.

Do you want to eat some protein in the morning? Do you want to eat some protein after working out? Don't think of protein as a supplement, think of it as food. Because that's what it is.
>>
joint soreness went away after supplementing with BCAAs.

why, eggs, meat every day just was not enough. BCAAs were a godsend for me. even in days where I purposefully ate meat, eggs, milk, cheese over and over and over all day long it just wasn`t cutting it. still had my wrists killing me. high-concentration BCAAs got rid of that in 3 days flat, and I only found out they were the reason after I googled it, so it sure as fuck wasn`t placebo.

(my previous BCAAs had very low amounts by comparison)
>>
>>39698826
T. Bench 155lbs x 5
>>
>>39698459

>carb during work out

grats on retard-level advice. Enjoy having no growth hormone increase and wasting most of the benefits of that work out.

Go sell your home and take up a course with George Farah so you can one day not be dyel.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.