[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>he isn't evolving his MIND and BODY by listening to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

>he isn't evolving his MIND and BODY by listening to podcasts and audiobooks while lifting

Explain yourself.
>>
>>39697276
>he's half-assing both simultaneously instead of doing both with full focus after another

Explain yourself.
>>
I'm thinking about getting into philosophy to suppliment self help books. Kinda want go change my mindset on life to make me feel better I suppose. Whether its bringing everyone down or myself up

My main issue is just misisng my ex I suppose. Anyway, I'm interested in Nietzsche, but open to suggestions.
>>
>>39697289
>multi tasking limits growth in each field

You lack confidence.
>>
>>39697298
And you lack gains - both mentally and physically.
>>
File: scala_borgia.jpg (30KB, 280x373px) Image search: [Google]
scala_borgia.jpg
30KB, 280x373px
>>39697292

Philosophy-Faggot here (Major). I got your back bro: Don't go for the big books about existentialism if you don't want to spend countless hours thinking about the meaning of sentences.

There are some practical philosophy books out there that take the best part of the philosophies and put them into something practical like the related link:
https://philosophyforchange.wordpress.com/philosophy-for-change-the-book/

I got it somewhere lying around on a harddrive. Gona try to upload it somehow.
>>
>>39697356
Thanks man
>>
>>39697356

Found it online: www.chan6es.com/uploads/5/0/4/8/5048463/lifechanging.pdf

It's pretty fun with excercises and shit
>>
>>39697371
So has philosophy helped you be happier or deal with feels better?
>>
old man and the sea gets me hype as fuck.
>>
>>39697386

Well there's a big difference between what you do in academics and what you just read by yourself. The stuff I read by myself certainly has helped me think clearer and the academic stuff just made it possible to read stuff I'd never bother to read if I wasnt' studying it.
I see it more as a thing I did for myself not a real career. I had a few years where I could read exciting stuff and do a lot of gaming and lifting in my free time. On the other hand I'm kinda left with nothing in my mid-twenties when I'm finished. I don't think I could get happy from wealth or fame, so economics or natural sciences weren't really an option.

I can shitpost more eloquently now though.
>>
I don't have motivation to lift if I'm not listening to music it gets too boring
>>
>>39697276
>he isn't evolving his MIND and BODY and DICK by listening to podcasts and audiobooks while lifting with kegals during rest
>>
>>39697276
>not doing 30-60 second review sessions on Memrise between sets
Gotta get them language gains, c'mon!
>>
Sorry, listening to molymeme doesn't help as much when getting that last rep in.

Tried it a few times at first, audiobooks as well but nah music works better.

>not drifting into a meditation liek state when your jame comes on
>>
Audiobooks are a terrible way to consume a book
>>
>>39697276
I dont want to become too intelligent to lift
>>
File: thN6B9H7S0.jpg (14KB, 480x240px) Image search: [Google]
thN6B9H7S0.jpg
14KB, 480x240px
>>39697276
>well played White I see you've evolved to shitposting on /fit/
>>
I can't really listen to anything else while doing exercise. I don't know, it either totally stresses me out (trying to count reps while trying to listen carefully) or I just don't remember anything I've listened. So what I do is turn the TV on some channel that's doing inane stuff, and turn the volume all the way down.
>>
Start with the Greeks and work your day up

not just a meme, good advice
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.