[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Going ATG on front and back squats is pretty much the same for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

Going ATG on front and back squats is pretty much the same for your quads

So this is what I've been told. But how come my DOMS are more serious on quads after front squatting?
>>
>>39692621
I personally never go that low. I go to where my legs are bent at 90 degrees or a little bit lower, but never that low. I just feel like it's more of a hazard to your knees if you go that low.
>>
>>39692725
I think you've been misinformed

Front squats require more of an upright torso and therefore more quad involvement. The further forward you lean the more you recruit the posterior chain, the layne norton's squat style being the absolute extreme of that.
>>
>>39692621
front squat and high bar are two different lifts, muscles are stressed in different patterns.
>>
>>39692751
>the layne norton's squat style

Isn't because of his not-that-good proportions for squats btw?
>>
>>39692753
Would really like to see some source also.
>>
File: 1481498093929.png (208KB, 807x935px) Image search: [Google]
1481498093929.png
208KB, 807x935px
>>39692621
Is it maybe because you were fed retarded broscience about atg and it's "benefits"?
>atg is a meme and is excessive. It's just virtue signaling for young gym rats whove yet to punch their first ticket to snapcity
> front squats are the quad dominant squat and foot placement and overall movement is different from a back squat
>"depth" for a back squat is the same as if you were sitting in a standard chair. Nothing less. Nothing more.
There ya go op, the red pill on squats spoon fed to you.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.