[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm 210lb, can do five deadhang pullups and deadlift 4.5pl8

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

I'm 210lb, can do five deadhang pullups and deadlift 4.5pl8

If I go try my gyms rock wall will I embarrass my fat ass?
>>
>>39687866
f**k me daddy
>>
>>39687866
>I'm 210lb, can do five deadhang pullups and deadlift 4.5pl8
>If I go try my gyms rock wall will I embarrass my fat ass?
>>>
> Anonymous 12/13/16(Tue)22:26:03 No.39688446▶
>>>39687866 (OP)
>f**k me daddy

not if you BEE YOURSELF
>>
>>39687866
Rock climbing has surprisingly little to do with upper arm strength.
What you want is forearms that can clench your fingers like a fucking vice, and strong legs.
>arms hold you against the wall so you don't fall backwards
>legs actually propel you up the wall
>(mostly).. obiously there are some moves that require significant arm strength but its 95% legs

What do you squat?
>>
>>39687866
Why would you expect to be good at something you've never done before?
>>
>>39688568
>What do you squat

415 lowbar, best highbar set is 3pl8 for 8
>>
>>39688568

yeah grip strength is super important but leg strength is almost negligible
most top climbers would struggle to squat lmao2plate
Climbing is technique/skill first, grip strength second, bis/lats third.
>>
>>39688699
However true that may be, you realize how baseless that is to say?
>>
>>39688663
You should be fine, it also depends a lot on how hard the wall is, if there are different routes (usually marked by different colored holds) try to find the easiest one first and see how you go. Most people can do the easiest one first go even with shit-tier levels of fitness. Just work your way up from there.

>>39688699
This is somewhat accurate. Technique is the most important thing for an advanced climber, but for a complete beginner climbing a gym wall it's not likely to require advanced technique.
Same with the grip strength, for an advanced climber it is important because a lot of the time you are on a backwards incline which is where the grip strength really comes into play. Starting out as a beginner on an indoor vertical wall, legs are most important.

>I have trained more people than I can count in indoor gyms
>I have completed 2 different 5.12 grades
Not the best climber in the world here but I have a good idea what I'm talking about.
>>
>>39688636
This guy's got a point OP.
>>
>>39688754
Also remember, falling off the wall isn't something to be embarrassed about. Nobody is a professional the first time they try something. Just get back on and try again and again till you can't even clench your fists, then go home and try again next time you're at the gym.

I was attempting a really difficult bouldering move yesterday and I fell like 8 times before I actually got the hold that I was jumping at from basically an upside-down-plank position.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.