[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

first time posting on /fit/, so forgive me if this is a tired

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

first time posting on /fit/, so forgive me if this is a tired topic discussed a billion times. im a slob, thinking about getting a fitbit for info on my habits and as a motivator, are they worth it? which one is the "standard", there's like half a dozen of them
>>
>>39686271
If you have a smart phone, smart phones can do the same thing. If you're a slob, you will probably see the most drastic changes by tracking and changing your diet.

Use an app called my fitness pal (which is free) for a month to track how much you are eating, and try completing the couch to 5 k challenge.
>>
>>39686271

>are they worth it?

No. Go read the sticky. The sticky is worth it.
>>
I have one because my employer basically gives them out for free. You can do the same stuff with free apps and your smartphone's accelerometer like someone else mentioned. I mainly use it so I can track my running without having my phone in my pocket.

Also the fitbit's apps calorie deficit calculations seem really fucked up. If you do you use the fitbit app to track your eating, look up your maintenance calories using scooby's or someone else's tool and ignore the app's advice
>>
>>39686271
An electronic device is not going to motivate you.
The only thing that will motivate you, is yourself
I learned this the hard way, spent 15 fucking years trying to find some magical little thing that would motivate me to finally start working out.
Then I almost died on a hospital bed. After that, I fixed my diet and started running, climbing and doing calisthenics every day for 2+ hours a day, no further motivation needed other than finally coming to the realization that being unfit can *literally* kill you. A fitbit isn't going to help you come to that realization.
>>
I have one and like it. I use it to monitor heart rate during my cycling sessions. It won't alone do much for you but I prefer it to carrying my phone everywhere. And they aren't too expensive. I got mine for 80
>>
>>39686336
Also wanted to post that my fitness pal is now a paid service except for calorie counting, so I personally would rather spend money on a fit bit then pay my fitness pal for macro counting.
>>
>>39687631
Only it's not?
>>
>>39687631
>>39687631
Fitbits don't even track macros.

My Fitness Pal tracks macros for free.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.