[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

redpill me on bill starr 5x5 http://madcow.hostzi.com/5x5_P

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: hue.gif (628KB, 172x192px) Image search: [Google]
hue.gif
628KB, 172x192px
redpill me on bill starr 5x5

http://madcow.hostzi.com/5x5_Program/Linear_5x5.htm
>>
I've run it. It's OK, but I think it lacks volume. If you are an intermediate lifter, I think The Texas Method is better.
>>
>>39687366
what if im just coming off of ss but my lifts still aren't great?

i just cant progress anymore each session and it kills me
>>
>>39687420
Then you are in the right place to start an intermediate program like Madcow or The Texas Method.

When Ii ran Madcow after doing SS, it was quite a relief to have the reduction in volume. My body needed the rest. I made decent gains for a while, but the gains ran out, and I went looking for something else. TM was it. It's harder, but I was able to extend my gains on it.
>>
>>39687472
when i mean not great i basically mean hot garbage. from what i can tell people usually hop off SS when they near 1/2/3/4, but I'm basically approaching 1/2/2/3

what were your lifts when you switched?
>>
>>39687492
Well, pretty close to 1/2/3/4. Little higher on OHP and squats, little lower on the deadlifts.

Have you reset at least twice on SS? resets suck, but are worth it if you can stay on a fast progression like SS.

If you have, don't worry about it. The numbers aren't so much what matters, it's the rate at which you can progress.
>>
>>39687701
yeah, reset twice. didnt help much, not sure why

was going to go for one more deload over winter break and see where it takes me before switching

thanks senpai
>>
>>39687715
the resets on starting strength are designed to let you offload the fatigue you have accumulated

if you stalled because the accumulated fatigue was simply too much, then these resets will work very well

if you stalled because the volume was just not enough to cause an adaptation (which is the case most of the time on bench/ohp on starting strength, and to a lesser extent squat) this method won't work at all, you'll stall pretty much where you did before

you need to move on to a program with higher volume and periodization of some sort

look into greg nuckols 28 free programs, candito 6 week, TSA intermediate
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.