[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who here insomnia? I sleep on average 4 hours a night, not continuously,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0869.jpg (62KB, 620x645px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0869.jpg
62KB, 620x645px
Who here insomnia?

I sleep on average 4 hours a night, not continuously, I might sleep for 2 hours at night and have two hour long naps throughout the day

What works for u... and doesn't require a prescription?

>work on call 7 days per week so after working in the morning, I'm tied to a pager/cell the rest of the day
>>
>>39680073
Skip to the tl;dr if you don't want the story

I've just come out of a really bad bout. My sleeping pattern has always been fucked up, but I came back to uni and ended up sticking to my weird sleep pattern and working. Things got really fucking weird from then, I would be running off like 2-3 hours sleep, sometimes I would run whole days together unintentionally, other times I would try and run days together so I could time my crash for the weekend and sleep for like 24 hours straight.

Problem was, I then tried to get back into a normie sleeping routine and I just flat couldn't. Everyday for a month I climbed into bed at 11, and then just sat there trying to sleep for hours. It's such a disgusting feeling, being truly exhausted and not being able to drop off. Eventually I said enough was enough when my parents pointed out the dark lines under my eyes. Eventually I went to the docs and begged her for sleeping meds, which she refused to give me

tl;dr - Try a product called "Nytol" - it's actually an antihistamine but the "Drowsiness" side effect is so common they just rebranded. Take 2 of them about 20 minutes before bed. It's non-habit forming, very safe (which is important for me. I need to concentrate during the day and traditional sleeping meds can fuck up your concentration) and you don't build a tolerance to it. Does anyone know how to get rid of dark lines under eyes quicker?
>>
>>39680073
Also interested, bump
>>
>>39680661
>>39680073

Google "sleep hygine". Basicall, you have to have a bed time routine and do it EVERYNIGHT without fail to condition your body into knowing it's time to sleep. Some fundamentals
-Bed is for sleeping. Don't lie or sit on your bed.
-No tv, vidya, food or water 1 hour before bed.
-get pajamas and change into them 1 hour before bed.
-have a pre-bed routine and stick to it eg. brush teeth, wash face whatever
-Get a book that your not very interested in and read that before sleep (Something that works for me)
-if you really cant sleep get out of bed and do something for mindnumbingly boring 1/2 an hour (eg read telephone book)
There's loads more, just google it

If you fix the dark circles let me how though bro
>>
>>39680073

>generally like to get at least 8 hours of sleep
>last 3 weeks been lucky to get 5 hours
>don't actually feel tired until I'm falling asleep at my pc

What's going on /fit/?
>>
>>39680723

>don't actually feel tired until I'm falling asleep at my pc

Just because you don't feel tired doesn't mean you shouldn't go to bed. Have a set time to go to bed and stick to it.
>>
>>39680723
Also, forgot to mention, if you're falling asleep at your PC, you're not tired, you're exhausted and you should have go to sleep hours ago.
>>
>>39680391
You're paying extra money for branded diphenhydramine. Buy the generic shit friendo
>>
>>39680073
Phenibut; take 1/3 of a teaspoon late morning. You'll feel disinhibited all day then literally collapse at bedtime.

I've been mid sentence and fell asleep on it before. Just don't do it more than 3 times a week. Withdrawals arent nice.
>>
I pity you all, I sleep 9-10 hours a night.
>>
File: 1364825745324.gif (746KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1364825745324.gif
746KB, 400x400px
>>39680073
Go to a doc.
Tell them the story.
You'll probably get Trazodone, an antidepressant from SARI class. I use it from time to time, it works from the first time taken before bed. It GREATLY helps falling asleep, plus makes your sleeping undisturbed, so you don't wake up in the night. I used it, it helped.
Other things are various benzodiazepines or Z-drugs which, in my opinion, are even better because they don't have the antidepressant effect, which causes you some difficulty with coming.

Normally I would suggest lemon balm, melatonin and Benadryl (diphenhydramine, an antihistamine with hypnotic effects), which are available without prescription, but I think you have some deeper problems going on and so I suggest you go to a doc. Insomnia is not a joke, it wears you out mentally and physically.
>>
>>39680719
Sometimes the bed is for sleeping, no lying/sitting works. But sometimes after 1 hour on the bed attempting to sleep without success, it becomes a place to lie on during that 1 hour.
>>
Melatonin. Great off the counter med
>>
File: 54232342342325t25.png (174KB, 385x381px) Image search: [Google]
54232342342325t25.png
174KB, 385x381px
i did it for one semester in college i went overtime at 21. I develeoped a twitching eye until the finals time. People kept complaining about sleep...yet I was the only one sleeping in class...never again
>>
>>39680391
>Does anyone know how to get rid of dark lines under eyes quicker?
Hemorrhoid cream.

Not kidding.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.