[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /fit/, After 2 years of lifting, several breaks due to injuries,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: 1336545995307.jpg (89KB, 400x330px) Image search: [Google]
1336545995307.jpg
89KB, 400x330px
Hey /fit/,

After 2 years of lifting, several breaks due to injuries, several months of trial and error, and consultation with a chiropractor and a sports medicine doctor, we've come to the conclusion that I basically cannot do any variation of barbell and dumbbell bench press. As far as I can tell it's because my shoulders are double jointed (hypermobile) which makes my shoulder joint ligaments loose. So no matter how strict my form, at heavier weights the slight movements of the free barbell tend to loosen my shoulders up even more and cause pain. I've recorded my form for others and I have had people watch my form in person. I retract my scapula correctly etc.

This sucks because BB bench was my favorite exercise. I have a theory that maybe I can use the hammer iso chest press, but I'm not sure yet. For now I'm pretty much convinced that I'm only gonna be able to do machine bench press.

Oh, if anyone cares, I'm still a beginner, my bench stats are 165lbs @ 180lbs bodyweight 6'3". Pretty sad considering I've been lifting for several years now but I've been rollercoastering ever since my first 6 months in due to my injuries.

I hate machines because they are really boring, but the most important thing is progress. Is it really possible to make real bench gains off the chest press machine alone?

I was doing a pseudo PPL routine before that started with either flat or incline BB bench followed by cable flys and I found that was pretty much adequate for my chest. If I just replaced BB bench with machine chest press will I be okay, or should I add something else?

I'm really lost and discouraged /fit/, pls help.
>>
File: bumpo.jpg (70KB, 508x295px) Image search: [Google]
bumpo.jpg
70KB, 508x295px
bump
>>
Have you tried focusing on the Overhead Press to see if that helps stabilize your shoulder for better bench gains?
>>
>>39674104

My OHP working weight is just under 1plate, so as a matter of proportion I don't think that's the issue. Past ideas were working on cable lat pulldowns and rear delts to support my bench but that hasn't seem to have helped enough.
>>
>>39674138
Have you tried benching with an ez curl bar or a swiss bar? If that doesn't work you may as well just stick to the hammerstrength machines that don't aggravate your shoulder and work it to its limit.
>>
>>39674187

That hadn't occurred to me, thanks for the suggestion.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.