[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

trainer at the gym saw me doing SS and said i should not be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault.png (10KB, 284x178px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.png
10KB, 284x178px
trainer at the gym saw me doing SS and said i should not be doing a powerlifting routine if i wanted aesthetics. i mentioned something about a strength base and he agrees with it but says i can do accessories for aesthetics AFTER my SS, thus building strength base and aesthetics at same time. anyway, he told me to google this program: FST7

http://www.simplyshredded.com/fst-7-fascia-stretch-training-7-workout-routine-nutrition-guide.html

what does fit think about his general comments, and his recommended program?
>>
desu, i started doing FST-7 after my first 9 months of training

my work capacity has almost tripled, it takes a long time for my glycogen to get depleted on a cut (barring cardio) and ive noticed a definite '3d' look in my delts
>>
>>39669141
You should research who invented it and the people who use it.

That should give you enough reason to do it...not because people on fit told you it was good.
>>
>>39669151
i dont know most of these words, so is it good or not
>>39669176
of course i do my own research, but /fit/ is a legitimate a resource as any, if not better because its unbiased and peer reviewed
>>
>>39669141
He's a retard.

Aesthetics is just about having higher muscle mass and reasonably low body fat. 'strength' training doesn't mean a thing until you're an advanced intermediate, building a base is a meme and the value of starter routines is they get you regularly performing compound movements at a fairly high intensity.

Do some research into programming and what stimulates hypertrophy. Do a beginner program for a couple of months and then switch to an intermediate program when you understand why different programs are structured as they are.

Don't believe bullshit about fascia stretching or thickening. You get big by eating well, putting in effort and accumulating weekly volume and muscle fatigue. Then you add steroids to look like Jay cutler.
>>
>>39669141

He is 100% correct.

There is zero reason not to do accesories for asthetics after you do those compounds.

Zero. Nada.

>Aesthetics is just about having higher muscle mass and reasonably low body fat.

It's also proportions but I'll let that slide.

Anyways, 5 rep range strength, 12 rep range size. This is basic stuff. Everyone knows this other than people on /fit/

In addition: part of asthetics is isolations. To grow the muscles that are neglected by SS SL (biceps, triceps, traps, etc)
>>
>>39669176
That's right, but just keep in mind that quality doens't equal popularity, specially about something so individual as a workout routine.

>>39669141
Your PT is partially right, but I wouldn't do such routine if you are a beginner. Do a strength/volume hybrid first and then such routine later. Too much volume is not that efective at beginning.
>>
>>39669238
Hey look, someone who actually put effort into a response that gives OP the advice he needs.
>>
ironically brosplits kill your aestethics. They give you a weird funky upper lat, really huge long head triceps so it looks like you have a fucking tumor growing out your arm, bi's so big too that your delts will never catch up, you suck dick at squatting so you only legpress and get one big femoris and nothing else. No tear drop no hams.

Its fucking stupid goofy and disgusting.

Compound strength focused routines give you sick delts sick back sick forearms.

Fuck outta here with your isolation bullshit.
>>
>>39669257
>To grow the muscles that are neglected by SS SL (biceps, triceps, traps, etc)
those muscles are only neglected if you are an idiot who didn't actually read the book
>>
>>39669327

Jason Genova has said the same thing word for word

I'm not sure if this post is satire, or what, or you actually dug up the subtitles from his video and copy pasted it

You need to be careful trolling like this. OP will think 'oh man this is a serious post' and do SS and gomad and hope ot get asthetic
>>
>>39669141
If you follow the /fit/ way, you'll look kinda underwhelming for the first year or so and then gradually it will all come together and you'll be pretty proportionate and aesthetic.

If you focus on isolating arms and chest and shit from the get go, you'll look much more impressive to a normie withing that initial time-frame, but later on you'll probably end up having weird ratios that take quite a bit of fixing.

That being said, even Rippetoe says to do some arm isolation (just don't overdo it) and to bench a bit more often if you want square pecs.
>>
>>39669347
If you need to read a book and it's not apparent in the fucking program then the program is either fucking fundamentally broken or should be pimped to people who wants what it's selling and no one else.
>>
>>39669609
Then do GSLP, it has all the adjunct recommendations for SS built into the programme.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.