[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/fit/, I have a history of heart attacks in my family. With

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

/fit/, I have a history of heart attacks in my family.

With that in mind, how should I train my body if my goal is a low resting heart rate, and a generally healthy heart?

No real interest in looking natty, though I'll accept it if that's what it takes.
>>
>>39668491
>no interest in looking natty
Do you know what you're saying here or are you just spouting memes?

Also weight training + cardio, read the fucking sticky, etc
>>
>>39668499
You're quite right, I should have said "cut," or possibly "brolicious." All this technical vocabulary is way over my head.
>>
Get your LDL cholesterol below 75 mg/dL, below this point atherosclerosis won't build up in your blood vessels, this will make it impossible for you to have a heart attack from a piece of broken off plaque

you do this by eating a whole food plant based diet
also make sure to get your omega 3's

follow my advice and you will thank me when you live a long and heart attack free life
>>
>>39668491
Have a heart defect from birth. See cardiologist every year, they suggested to me just to avoid 1RM pretty much.

They said they weren't sure if it mattered but it wouldn't hurt to avoid doing it. Maybe talk to your doctor about seeing a cardiologist to get an echo done so they can check up on it?
>>
>>39668665
I'll definitely look into that. I've already heard about the cognitive benefits of this stuff, so it looks like I have every reason to change my diet.

>>39668715
Never been to a cardiologist. I suppose I'd better go. I have this stupid fear of getting bad news.
>>
>>39668491

I used to work closely with cardiologists and we would have patients with strong family histories a lot, so we go over the main risk factors

>over 40
>male
>high blood pressure
>smoker
>poor dietary habits
Etc etc etc

Typically if you have two or more risk factors with a positive family history you're more at risk than other people, and while you can't help your age or sex, you can work harder on the ones that you do have control over. Sometimes it's enough to prevent heart disease, sometimes it's not, but living a life of fear is dumb and you shouldn't let anything prevent you from doing whatever you want to do.
>>
>>39668491
eat alot of japanese rotten beans . called Natto.
that shit makes the Veins stronger and healthier.
japs that are extremely old , eat that shit for ages.
go find out were to buy it , OR make it yourself , look it up on youtube, seen some tutorials about it. homemade natto.
>>
run.
>>
>>39668491
Does your family also have a history of being fat to?
>>
>>39668715
you should stop watching tv. not sure if it helps but it wouldn't hurt to avoid doing it
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.