[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey fit, I'm a beginner at the gym, and my goal is to gain

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Cto_ICiWcAAjARl.jpg (41KB, 477x635px) Image search: [Google]
Cto_ICiWcAAjARl.jpg
41KB, 477x635px
Hey fit,

I'm a beginner at the gym, and my goal is to gain muscle. I've been going 3-4 times a week for the past 3 weeks.

I've only been using machines, is that bad? I don't know anyone at the gym who lifts, so I've been too scared to try free weights.
>>
S T I C K Y
T
I
C
K
Y
>>
You're not a special snowflake.

If you're scared of people watching you, work on your form, not on how heavy you can lift. Form > Weight

TLDR: Don't ego lift
>>
>>39667983
Machines are usually fine for beginners since you will maintain good form by using one. But eventually you will need to move to FW after a short time. You're afraid...What are you a bitch?
>>
Might as well learn to use free weights. I recommend doing Starting Strength for atleast a month just to get yourself confident squatting. Then do a ppl or Greyskull LP. Don't fall for memers telling you that machines are bad though. Start at a conservative weight, and keep constantly increasing it, and you'll see progress no matter what you do.
>>
>I've only been using machines, is that bad?
I can do all the weight in every machine + dumbells on top of the weights and you wouldnt be able to tell I lift.
They are a warm up at best
>>
Be sure you have the right runes and masteries before you lift. I had my cardio page equipped one day and all my lifts suffered
>>
>>39668002
awful advice
>>
>>39668037
i'll take things that aren't true for $200 alex
>>
>>39668037
fitzy?
>>
Do starting strength. Start with empty bar. Are you telling me that youre scared of empty bar?
>>
>>39667983
Grow up and quit being "scared" lmao
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.